TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi here's another hot sauce advent calendar:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, I will. When I was vegan I used to use something but I forgot what it was.
This looks like an awful lot of work IMO but here's one. Vegan 'boiled' egg

Personally, I'd substitute chick peas or small chunks of avocado. I hate hard boiled eggs so I don't use them in anything.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The exact one may not be available in the US
I found those Heinz beans today at Walmart! :cheerleader: I also got a can of succotash. Not sure what it is, but it sounds good since I love butter beans.

crescent rolls
I wonder if I could use a crescent roll to make a sandwich. It would have to be a big one to hold all the fixins.

I sauteed the leftover mushrooms and spinach I had in the fridge. White, baby bella, and the rest of the mushroom mix with some butter
I need to learn how to saute with butter. I'm always afraid to burn it, so I use oil. I bet butter would taste yummier!

here's another hot sauce advent calendar
Cool. The habanero sauces sound delicious.

For dinner I cooked an Aldi's shepherd's pie. It was pretty good, it wasn't runny like the Walmart one.
For lunch I had a veggie omelet with cheese, and ketchup from a little diner in town.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if I could use a crescent roll to make a sandwich. It would have to be a big one to hold all the fixins.
I think you could! I buy the little crescent roll packages that make four rolls. So you would roll the dough out of the tube and cut it in half, rather than in four pieces before baking to make your top and bottom buns. The only question is whether a crescent roll bun would be strong enough to hold everything if you picked it up. I mean it would be still be delicious but you might need a knife and fork to eat your sandwich.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I found those Heinz beans today at Walmart! :cheerleader:
Yay! Hopefully you'll like them. :crossfingers:

I also got a can of succotash. Not sure what it is, but it sounds good since I love butter beans.
I've never had butter beans. Must Google...

Last night I made one of my favourite recipes. I don't make it often, because there's a lot of prep work, and I like quick and easy meals. It makes a lot though, so plenty of leftovers.

I don't know where the recipe came from, though I suspect it's one I found online and modified to my own likes. I call it Sweet and Sour Beans and Rice. It has red pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, pineapple, kidney beans and rice. The only spice is ginger. The sauce is soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and pineapple juice. You can add corn starch to thicken the sauce if you like. Here's a pic:

1573128325530.png

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Hopefully you'll like them. :crossfingers:

I've never had butter beans. Must Google...

Last night I made one of my favourite recipes. I don't make it often, because there's a lot of prep work, and I like quick and easy meals. It makes a lot though, so plenty of leftovers.

I don't know where the recipe came from, though I suspect it's one I found online and modified to my own likes. I call it Sweet and Sour Beans and Rice. It has red pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, pineapple, kidney beans and rice. The only spice is ginger. The sauce is soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and pineapple juice. You can add corn starch to thicken the sauce if you like. Here's a pic:

View attachment 306774
Yum!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had butter beans
Butter beans are delicious with butter and hot sauce on them.

I call it Sweet and Sour Beans and Rice.
That would probably be good with some tofu in it.

Sourdough toast for a snack
What do you put on the sourdough bread?
I had a toasted veggie sandwich made with sourdough bread for lunch. I don't think I like it. The taste is so weird...and sour....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue, but it has to be soon. I just had a senior moment in the kitchen, was convinced that it is Friday, and took my pills, which means I doubled up on my Metformin, which means my glucose levels may tank if I don't eat fairly soon. SPIT SPIT SPIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.