What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly heat-and-eat leftovers. Pulled pork on a bed of savory rice, pepper-jack pinto beans, toasted honey-wheat bun.

The only thing I made new was a cucumber and onion salad dressed with a mix of yogurt, cream cheese, lemon, garlic and dill.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a handful of crackers today. That's it. :cringe:

We have food thawing almost ready to put in the oven, looking forward to some nice yummy chicken dark/white meat, lots of veggies, and maybe a dinner roll.

Pups are getting turkey, kitties are getting mixed chicken and lamb.
Bruce is totally lazy tonight when it comes to food. Sorry, pups and kits :frown:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, yesterday was two slices of bread, because that was on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator, and I had vertigo, and was crawling through the apartment to feed Hekitty.

Tonight will be meatloaf with field peas and snap beans.
The meat loaf sounds great, but I am glad the vertigo is gone. That is the WORST!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The meat loaf was wonderful, and since I make it in a pan for large muffins, once everything cooled off, I wrapped the individual meat loaf muffins and popped them in the freezer for another night...or 6! I got in that habit years ago. When the kids were in grade school, I'd mix up 5 pounds of meat, bake it all in the muffin tins and freeze. I don't do 5 pounds at a time anymore...although if I caught a really good sale, I certainly might!

Actually, I'm thinking that I might save my pennies and get a very small chest freezer. Maybe something along the lines of a 5 cubic foot jobbie.

Tonight I'm baking a pork chop. Dunno what I'm having with it, but I have plenty of frozen and canned veggies, so whatever looks good at the time.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The meat loaf was wonderful, and since I make it in a pan for large muffins, once everything cooled off, I wrapped the individual meat loaf muffins and popped them in the freezer for another night...or 6! I got in that habit years ago. When the kids were in grade school, I'd mix up 5 pounds of meat, bake it all in the muffin tins and freeze. I don't do 5 pounds at a time anymore...although if I caught a really good sale, I certainly might!

Actually, I'm thinking that I might save my pennies and get a very small chest freezer. Maybe something along the lines of a 5 cubic foot jobbie.

Tonight I'm baking a pork chop. Dunno what I'm having with it, but I have plenty of frozen and canned veggies, so whatever looks good at the time.
We have a small chest freezer about that size along with a huge stand-up one!
I do like the deep freezer and the size and shape is great for storage. The only downside is if you're lazy like me, stuff tends to get lost at the bottom and when you clean it out, you find a frozen pizza with "Best if used before the Spanish American War" on the box.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Decided on breakfast for dinner. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, and biscuits.
That's a favorite here =)
I desperately need to clean this kitchen up, it's not gross or anything but it's just cluttered and has a lot of "extra junk drawers" (being, the entire kitchen) and just needs some organization.
What type of biscuits do you like?

*Cat Whispurrer*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's a favorite here =)
I desperately need to clean this kitchen up, it's not gross or anything but it's just cluttered and has a lot of "extra junk drawers" (being, the entire kitchen) and just needs some organization.
What type of biscuits do you like?
I enjoy the rolled biscuits the best that I roll out and bake on a baking sheet and they come out light and fluffy.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're placing it inside, this doesn't matter, but it you plan for it to go in a garage or outside on a patio, pay attention to the environmental operating range. GE is the only one recommended to operate from 0-110 degrees Fahrenheit. Kenmore is 32-110 degrees. Some of the least expense brands have a very narrow "room temperature" range.

I have one outside on the patio which is about to konk out, so I've been taking a close look at the 5 cu.ft. freezers for inevitable replacement.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been eating pulled pork leftovers all week, and will again tonight. I'm thinking of green beans and new potatoes for a side dish, or may pull something out of the freezer that I can just heat-and-eat for sides.

I did make some flaky buttermilk biscuits yesterday morning so I'll have one or two of those too tonight, split and toasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.