What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the last slice of pepperoni pizza (might heat it up in the toaster oven), some carrot/celery pieces with salad dressing as dip, and a slice of carob cake for dessert. :D

tomorrow i'll be baking a batch of english muffin pepperoni pizzas. i want to get my pizza making done before it starts getting too warm/hot for usng the oven.
I bought some flat bread crust type thing and will be attempting to make a very simple pizza!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chopping vegetables for tonight and I get done and realize I have too many to store and am hungry, so I toss some in a skillet with some oil, add some pepperoni mid-way through sautee and pour it into a bowl, add a slice of pepper jack cheese and cover and rest for a few minutes. It's...surprisingly good!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
but a mix of corn masa and wheat flour for the dough.
Flourn? Maour?

Chopping vegetables for tonight and I get done and realize I have too many to store and am hungry, so I toss some in a skillet with some oil, add some pepperoni mid-way through sautee and pour it into a bowl, add a slice of pepper jack cheese and cover and rest for a few minutes. It's...surprisingly good!!
It sounds good, actually. Sorta an Italian stir-fry!

I'm torn, tonight, but since I have several things to do this evening, I will probably fall back on my old standby, hot dogs with onions and cheese, which have the delightful advantage of going from "gather ingredients" to "ready to eat" in 3 minutes flat.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some flat bread crust type thing and will be attempting to make a very simple pizza!
oh, that flat bread should make a lovely pizza crust!! :agree:

i'll have a salami and mustard on english muffins (two of them) sandwich, some zucchini/carrot/celery pieces with salad dressing as dip, and a slice of carob cake for dessert. :yummy:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think tomorrow, I'll do black beans and rice.
Mmmmm... black beans and rice, one of my favs. And so quick and easy. And if you make enough, leftovers to freeze for days when you don't feel like cooking.

This is one of the first recipes I made when I first started eating vegetarian, and it's still one my my go to recipes.
Black Beans and Rice Recipe

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished packaging 2 pork butt roasts which were on sale for $1/lb this week. Cubes for the cats' food mix and large chunks for the dog's dinners.

I left quite a bit of meat on the bones. Rubbed some spices into them and have them in the crock pot with onion slices. So it is pulled pork for me tonight.

After the meat is stripped off the bones, I'll make pork bone broth and use it to make a big batch of pinto beans tomorrow.

Trying to decide if I'm motivated enough to make some fresh hamburger buns for pork sandwiches. I still have mixilla tortillas leftover, so it will probably be a pork wrap.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmmm... black beans and rice, one of my favs. And so quick and easy. And if you make enough, leftovers to freeze for days when you don't feel like cooking.

This is one of the first recipes I made when I first started
eating vegetarian, and it's still one my my go to recipes.
Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try it when I get to the store and pick up a few things. I get so tired of the same old things all the time.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we're doing our rib-eye (finally!) with a BTOV (butt-ton of veggies).
Tomorrow I'm trying a pasta salad, a tortellini with cheese thing. Not sure what I'll do to it but I'll probably have a blast. =D

Cats had duck hearts, chicken meat chunks and some bone in chicken grinds. Dogs had the same (large dogs eating tiny little duck hearts is kind of funny.)

Tomorrow everyone will get gizzards, the remaining duck hearts, carnivore blend with added bone, and then chunks of whatever meats I just tossed in the fridge to thaw =)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, that flat bread should make a lovely pizza crust!! :agree:

i'll have a salami and mustard on english muffins (two of them) sandwich, some zucchini/carrot/celery pieces with salad dressing as dip, and a slice of carob cake for dessert. :yummy:
I'm scouring my cabinets and found home made canned sauce. SCORE!!!!!!
Now I'm torn between the pasta thing and the pizza thing. Pasta pizza?? =P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick took me to breakfast on Saturday so we didn't do much for dinner last night.

I took the grilled chicken from the other week out of the freezer to have for dinner tonight. Very simple dinner. The grilled chicken with a bit of coleslaw and I'm thinking of making a bit of corn salad to go with.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled pork sandwich on a honey wheat bun with a drizzle of BBQ sauce. Pinto beans with carrots and caramelized onion, red bell pepper and garlic - bit of pepper jack cheese on top. Lettuce, tomato and roasted pepita seeds with ranch dressing.

The honey wheat buns came out soooo gooooood, y'all!

I used 2/3rds white bread flour and 1/3rd whole wheat flour because I don't like the texture of 100% whole wheat flour breads, and only used half the salt since I had lots of spices in the pork rub. Otherwise this is the burger bun recipe: Honey Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns • The Prairie Homestead

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is one of the first recipes I made when I first started eating vegetarian, and it's still one my my go to recipes.
Pinned that one! Although the recipe didn't mention it, I saw the added corn and green beans in the video. That looks YUMMY! I'll have to try that.

Last night we went to a friends for a shrimp boil: shrimp, crawfish, potatoes, corn, and grilled andouille, chicken, and 'gator.
Fun Yum!
THIS made me hungry for crawtaters. I must pick up a package of shrimp/crab boil and some new potatoes next month!

Not really sure about tonight. Last night was spaghetti, as I boiled up three pounds of the stuff for the freezer. Seems a shame to cook that much and not eat any of it at the time! LOL, I did find out, through judicious nibbling, that I actually like plain spaghetti tossed with olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Almost as much as I like spaghetti boiled in tomato sauce and tossed with Parm.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up feeling kind of crappy. We had errands to do anyway so in town we decided to swing through a burger place we like. The order got completely messed up and the woman acted like it was OUR fault, we waited in line for 20 minutes for the fix (probably making everyone in line behind us mad) and once done she handed us our food, barely said a word, wouldn't look at us, and practically slammed the drive through window door shut. Sheesh. They just lost themselves a customer.
I think I should just go back to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.