What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is true, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , I'll be keeping my eye out, although Walmart does sell one at a very reasonable daily price, I think about $170. That would be doable with a couple of months to save.

I dunno about tonight. I was going to order a pizza for a change, but after running down my bank balance, I realized that I actually have enough left in there to order the second end table for my living room, but not enough for both. LOL, I'd rather have the end table than the pizza right now. SO...what for supper? Um...fried egg sandwich? OH OH OH! I have a can of Goya black beans and rice! THAT'S what I'm having!
I have a chest freezer and I love it. There is the issue of things falling to the bottom though. It's also kind of good because sometimes as I dig through it, I find things I had forgotten I'd bought. It's full of surprises!! Back to school is also a great tie to find sales on chest freezers. I got mine in August when the freezers and mini fridges went on sale for going back to college season.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cadged a ride to the store today, and am making Mexcan meat loaf! Never tried it. Thought about it last night, said..."Wonder if it would be good if I..." and couldn't wait to give it a go! I'm going to make my typical basic meatloaf, but add a packet of taco seasoning for each pound of meat, diced bell pepper and onion, cubed cheddar, and top it with salsa. Serve with sour cream and guac on the side, Mexican cornbread and Mexican rice. And a salad. LOL, I spent half a week's budget on that, but I'll have plenty of my little meatloaf muffins to freeze for later!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
orange&white orange&white Oh my, but that looks tasty! Yum!

Rick was nosing around in the freezer and brought up a bag of large shrimp and requested them for dinner tonight. I plopped them into a bowl, put the bowl on ice, covered, and threw it in the fridge. He's going to clean, marinate, and grill them tonight for tequila lime grilled shrimp while I work on throwing together a salad. I'll also make a bit of brown rice as a bed for the shrimp. I'm hungry.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is the last night of Asian leftovers for me. I ate all the rice yesterday, so I'm going to make some pasta noodles for the chicken stir-fry finale.

I'm also going to cook some brisket today and start on a few days of beef-fest meals tomorrow.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mexican meat loaf ROCKS! Now I want to try a meatloaf seasoned with Ranch dressing mix, and stuffed with cheese cubes and broccoli flowretes! I know I spelled that wrong...but anyhow. Hmmmm...5 pounds ground beef, 5 pounds ground porks, MANY "add-ins", my muffin tin, and LOTS of freezer wrap...This could be a weekend project, making mutiple meatloaf variations! One of my favorite meatloafs involves steaming a head of cauliflower, forming the meatloaf mix over it, baking, slicing like pie, and serving with cheese sauce. I could do that muffin-style, just cut the cauliflower down. My kids insisted on having that one for Halloween, and called it "baked brains". HEY...they were boys!

Tonight, spaghetti.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheese stuffed pasta. I do like it, but it's just not a huge thing for me as every time we have it I thoroughly enjoy it...but feel like I'm in a food coma after 1-2 hours :headshake:
However!
The plus....is the sauce is home made from 100% scratch from our neighbors, most of it home grown. :loveeyes: We've used this sauce before for others and it always gets rave feedback. The neighbor prepares it, cans it, and shares. :redheartpump::hugs::hearthrob: They also make a really amazing vegetable stock so it's vegetarian friendly and has a tremendous, rich flavor that goes well in anything.

As a side note, I realized that in 2 months and 1 week (August 1st) is when we usually start making notes and lists to stock the winter pantry full of foods and other stuff. Holy flippin' kitties I thought we just DID that..

ETA: 10 weeks from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Winter??!?
Screw it, I'll start now and it won't seem so scary then. =X

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But...but...HOW DO YOU KEEP THE CHEESE AND ONIONS ON 'EM?????

<snip>

Tonight, spaghetti, just for the ease. When I finish up here, I have to go put another end table together, it came this morning. STILL waiting on that lamp shade!
:lol: honestly......i usually just put the hot dogs in a bowl and spread some mustard on them. :dunno:

mmmm...spaghetti sounds really good! :agree:

tonight i'll have a smoked honey turkey with margarine sandwich, some potato salad (extra veggies added!), and the last slice of the cinnamon-sugar cake for dessert. :yummy:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: honestly......i usually just put the hot dogs in a bowl and spread some mustard on them. :dunno:

mmmm...spaghetti sounds really good! :agree:

tonight i'll have a smoked honey turkey with margarine sandwich, some potato salad (extra veggies added!), and the last slice of the cinnamon-sugar cake for dessert. :yummy:
Mmmmm.....Smoked honey turkey...

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put the point end of a brisket in a low oven last night and went to bed (the leaner flat end got cubed, chunked and frozen for cat and dog food).

Tonight (and for the next several days) I'll be having brisket in a variety of recipes. Tonight I'm thinking about green beans, new potatoes and a dinner roll.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight i'll heat up a serving of mac'n'cheese with Lil Smokies, and add some ketchup over the top of it. some raw carrot/celery pieces with blue cheese salad
dressing as dip, and a slice of peanut pie for dessert! :yummy:
That sounds really good, especially the peanut pie. Did you make it yourself?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take away, because I'm a lazy bum and the kitchen tonight is *stretches back, relaxed* not my job.
:p:spew::bunnydance::celebrate:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
orange&white orange&white That looks decadent! It's 6:30 in the morning and I am drooling.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 I love dinners like that. Whatever Rick wants to make is fine with me, as long as I don't have to deal with it. Although that usually means that I still have to make the phone call to the pizza joint. But he pays!

We're having Reubens for dinner tonight. I'm making two loaves of a swirled rye, complete with caraway seeds and cocoa in the dark rye. I took some of my BIL's sauerkraut from the freezer; he has spoiled me and his sauerkraut is truly wonderful stuff. We have some baby Swiss from our local cheese-maker. A bit of pastrami and a bit of corned beef. Yum!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor and I went to the movies yesterday and saw "Book Club" and then we went to eat dinner at Fudduckers. That is the first time I've been to a movie since the eighties.
I had a really good veggie burgher, nice thick fries and diet coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.