What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti. I keep forgetting that I have a BUNCH of frozen spaghetti, and spaghetti sauce (somewhere between a marinara and a pomodoro, since we're on the subject). I transferred it all to the big freezer, and, well, out of sight, out of mind! The sliced Italian bread in the refrigerator's freezer compartment reminded me.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got home from work, turned the oven to "hot", scrubbed and oiled some sweet potatoes, wrapped in foil and tossed them in the oven. While those started, I drained a can of corn, grated sharp cheddar and chopped onion and jalapenos to stir into cornbread batter.

I had pulled a nice thick pork chop out of the freezer this morning for the dog's dinner. I lucked out and got a 3 ounce tail-end piece of the chop, after weighing out the 7.5 ounces that Charlie eats. So I put some seasonings on my piece and tossed it in the oven with the sweet potatoes and cheesy jalapeno corn bread.

....and dinner is served.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
No mac and cheese yesterday. We were so busy and were "sampling" so not really hungry. Rick came home from work at 11:00, so around 2:00 or so, he called down for pizza to be delivered. That worked.

Today he's having his holiday meal at work and he already told me not to make anything tonight because he won't be hungry. For me, leftover pizza it is.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheese Ravioli from the deli section at Price Chopper. The take & reheat kind is soooo much better than frozen! It appears to be vegetarian & it's got this really thick chunky marinara type sauce on it. Yum!!! :yummy:
That really sounds good. I wish we had a Price Chopper. The only kind of Cheese Ravioli we have around here is the frozen kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.