What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided not to live off meatballs and coca cola for about 25 minutes to make some chicken thighs. Nothing special. I don't even know what I seasoned them with because I pulled a kitchen sink on them before I put them in the freezer.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m going to a Christmas dinner for my work tonight. I think they’re having restaurants cater to it.
My job used to take us to the Mayflower for a Christmas party. A friend of mine got drunk and threw up her frost teeth in the toilet. She took them out and washed them off and put them back in her mouth. UGH.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My job used to take us to the Mayflower for a Christmas party. A friend of mine got drunk and threw up her frost teeth in the toilet. She took them out and washed them off and put them back in her mouth. UGH.
:jawdrop: Oh yuck.

I'm thinking ham and cheese stromboli for tonight. Leaving work early and running some errands. And then when I come home, I can throw some dough together and let it rise.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Better than take-out. Honest. Got home from running errands yesterday afternoon, threw some dough together and let it rise for a couple of hours. Til Rick got home, the dough was ready. My stromboli is always huge, so it was really filling. I used three kinds of cheeses, caramelized onion, some green peppers, and a ton of ham. A bit of mustard brushed on the dough under the ham. The sauce is simply some pureed tomatoes with seasonings and a bit of Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle (an Asiago seasoning from Penzey). It was delicious. And better than take-out. Rick loved it.

Not sure about tonight. Thinking about something with boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd love to take that loaf and make an old-fashioned muffalleta sandwich! MAN I miss those!

Let's see...night before last, I had popcorn and Christmas cookies. Yes, really. There was this impromptu party at my house.

Last night...hot dogs

Tonight...would you believe I'm just going to heat up a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli, and be done with it? I eat like a college kid, don't I?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:eek: Did someone tell her to save that for the Halloween party? (A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was washing dishes in the john. Then I thought "this is gross" and added some toilet cleaner and just kept right on scrubbin'. I hope this was just some dumb random dream with no meaning or else it might mean that people think my food is ____....)

I overdid the Chinese food and if you can get MSG poisoning I think I got it. :( So I'm offsetting this with a big, nice, healthy salad.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I'm going to eat, but I made a salami cheese ball.

I also put hot sauce in the cheese ball because I now have about 14 new bottles of hot sauce in the fridge due to the holidays and Proximity Rule.
I bought my boyfriend the hot sauce "food truck" at World Market, and then we finagled a Fuego sampler at the Christmas Party during White Elephant.
Plus, we may have already had 12 bottles in there. :seesaw:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I'm going to eat, but I made a salami cheese ball.

I also put hot sauce in the cheese ball because I now have about 14 new bottles of hot sauce in the fridge due to the holidays and Proximity Rule.
I bought my boyfriend the hot sauce "food truck" at World Market, and then we finagled a Fuego sampler at the Christmas Party during White Elephant.
Plus, we may have already had 12 bottles in there. :seesaw:
Hey, that's my nic name :crazy:

That sounds really good though!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight...would you believe I'm just going to heat up a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli, and be done with it?
Thanks, that's a blast from the past.:cool2: My sister and I used to love Chef Boyardee SpaghettiOs when we were kids. I still remember we would count to see who got more meatballs - that was when I still ate meat. ;)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your nickname is actually cornball, but I guess cheeseball works too. :thumbsup:
:flail:
Speaking of cheese we're thinking of cheese stuffed ravioli. We made some awhile back and wanted to kind of mess with the recipe a little so we might kill some time doing that later on.
The poor dogs are all stuck with big old hunks of green tripe tonight. They won't complain.
The cats are getting a more feline style meal of boneless turkey chunks and some organ blend. They had a really bone heavy breakfast, and I don't need anyone causing me an ER trip on Christmas Eve or Day. :nono:

(A letter to "fate":
Jinx the above, and I'm kicking your butt. ;))

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up a couple slices of pizza -- one pepperoni and the other hot ham and pineapple (and yes, i tried ham and pineapple pizza and really like it! :agree:), and some acorn squash with a pat of butter and salt/pepper! :yummy: dessert later in the evening, a slice of three-layer carob cake with mint carob chip buttercream. :cloud9:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up a couple slices of pizza -- one pepperoni and the other hot ham and pineapple (and yes, i tried ham and pineapple pizza and really like it! :agree:), and some acorn squash with a pat of butter and salt/pepper! :yummy: dessert later in the evening, a slice of three-layer carob cake with mint carob chip buttercream. :cloud9:
I'm always on board with pizza :thumbsup:
I figure if you don't like the pineapple, pick it off and toss it into a bowl and crack open some fruit cocktail and the healthy fruit salad cancels out the pizza, right? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.