What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
My favorite bagel sammich I've been making since I was 14 (that was uhhh.. A few years ago) Everything bagel with mayo, smoked turkey, provolone, a pile of sprouts, and salt & pepper. Oh and another Against The Grain '35K' stout because one today just wasn't enough. :)
20181215_202548.jpg

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I made a loaf of soft honey-wheat sandwich bread. I had two slices with butter while warm, and then a slice later with peanut butter. Not sure that qualifies as "dinner", but I sure wasn't hungry after that!

Tonight's dinner is undecided. I have stir-fry, pasta, and pizza dinners frozen which I could reheat....and bread. Or chips and dip. Or a grilled cheese sandwich. Many possibilities!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I made a loaf of soft honey-wheat sandwich bread. I had two slices with butter while warm, and then a slice later with peanut butter. Not sure that qualifies as "dinner", but I sure wasn't hungry after that!

Tonight's dinner is undecided. I have stir-fry, pasta, and pizza dinners frozen which I could reheat....and bread. Or chips and dip. Or a grilled cheese sandwich. Many possibilities!

Your bread turned out beautiful!I have a hard time resisting when it's warm out of the oven too!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your bread turned out beautiful!I have a hard time resisting when it's warm out of the oven too!
Thank you! It sure is good. If it weren't nutritionally incomplete I think I could live on bread and butter...as long as the bread is homemade.

For tonight's dinner, I ended up heating a pint of chicken and wild rice soup from the "archive section" located in the way-back recesses of the freezer with a buttered and toasted tortilla.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
orange&white orange&white Your bread looks divine! Nothing is as comforting as fresh-from-the-oven bread with a ton of butter. Yum

m3rma1d m3rma1d I would kill for one of those bagel sandwiches! :yummy: A bagel place opened up in town about a year or so ago and they're doing such a great business. It's amazing how many people buy bagels around here. They make a French toast bagel that makes you drool just thinking about it. Rick loves his warm, with a bit of maple syrup.

Tonight, it will be some kind of kielbasa/pasta dish. With fresh chopped tomatoes and broccoli. And whatever else I can scavenge from the fridge and pantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.