What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie What did you stuff the butternut with??

Yesterday/Saturday we ended up at Red Lobster for their Create Your Ultimate Feast offer. It was good, but we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant.

And tonight is pizza. Yes, we do eat a lot of pizza.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie What did you stuff the butternut with??

Yesterday/Saturday we ended up at Red Lobster for their Create Your Ultimate Feast offer. It was good, but we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant.

And tonight is pizza. Yes, we do eat a lot of pizza.
I microwaved the squash til soft and when cool enuf to handle,cut in half,scoop out the seeds and scoop out some of the squash,like making twice baked potatoes.I sautéed some bulk breakfast sausage(you could use any flavor that you like)with a chopped onion,cooked a cup of rice in chicken broth,and it all gets mixed together with the squash that was set aside. I seasoned with salt,pepper,thyme,garlic and sage.Stuff it back in the squash shells and bake til hot.I didn't top with cheese or crumbs but you could .We love it,and it gives me an extra meal to heat up or freeze for later.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I microwaved the squash til soft and when cool enuf to handle,cut in half,scoop out the seeds and scoop out some of the squash,like making twice baked potatoes.I sautéed some bulk breakfast sausage(you could use any flavor that you like)with a chopped onion,cooked a cup of rice in chicken broth,and it all gets mixed together with the squash that was set aside. I seasoned with salt,pepper,thyme,garlic and sage.Stuff it back in the squash shells and bake til hot.I didn't top with cheese or crumbs but you could .We love it,and it gives me an extra meal to heat up or freeze for later.
Michele does something similar with butternut squash, only what she splits the squash, cleans out the seeds, puts a ball of sausage in the hollow, seasons to taste, then wraps it in foil and bakes it. Works well with acorn squash too.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
turkey carcass soup
I threw in 8 raw turkey thigh bones from when I last made cat food, as well as the mushroom stems from when I made the turkey tetrazzini a few days ago to freeze. It needed a ton of salt when it was almost done, as well as an acid.
saltsaltsalt.salt.saltsaltsaltsalt.applecidervinegar.

Turkey Carcass Soup Recipe

The worst part is that the grocery store only had a 7 lb head of cabbage, when I needed 1.5 cups for the recipe.

Now we have 4 lbs of coleslaw, and I have no mayo or lemon juice left in the house. *hangs head*

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a couple bags of frozen stir-fry veggies last month on a good sale. I forgot how limp and wimpy the veggies are after freezing. Not as good as fresh veggie stir-fry, but I made 3-meals worth of chicken breast and veggies stir fried and sauced with an oyster-garlic sauce.

Not much to look at, but tasty!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did everything in spurts today, and spent some time reading and dozing when I should have been doing anything except that. I'm not feeling 100% so whatever it is, it will be pretty un-amazing. Probably preserved soup, which is good but :( Maybe I'll perk up in a few hours and go back to driving everyone crazy. ;)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did everything in spurts today, and spent some time reading and dozing when I should have been doing anything except that. I'm not feeling 100% so whatever it is, it will be pretty un-amazing. Probably preserved soup, which is good but :( Maybe I'll perk up in a few hours and go back to driving everyone crazy. ;)
I hope you are feeling better soon.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Thank you! Better today, I think I did something bad to my back and it was messing me up, sometimes when my back acts stupid my stomach reacts from the tension. (I think, or know it was my fault. Don't ever say "well sure I can unload a full truck bed in 3 trips" and think you'll get off scot free :shocked:)
I got some lost calories to make up for so tonight will be whatever we decide on, with a side dish of whatever-the-H I want. :anticipation:

Status
Not open for further replies.