What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A taco "wreath". You've probably seen them around. I have, but never bothered making one. Well, tonight's the night. Pillsbury crescent rolls wrapped around sauteed ground beef with taco seasoning. And dipped in sauce. With plenty of chopped lettuce and tomatoes with shredded 4-cheese Mexican. Should be.....interesting, if nothing else. I'll probably just make one heckuva mess, but well, hopefully it will be edible.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to pick at some left overs but we're planning on a big old pot of minestrone in the next day or so.
If this things a hit, we'll slap it on the menu and call it good.
If it's not a hit, I'll just say it was a discontinued soup mix from 1974 I found under some expired canned goods :flail: (kidding!)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our taco ring was OK. But just OK. It's the Pillsbury crescent rolls. You know, they have a very distinctive taste and we just don't care that much for them. It came together OK; while I was browning the beef and chopping lettuce and tomatoes, Rick had opened the crescent rolls and laid them out on the cookie sheet. I spooned the beef mixture in and wrapped the rolls. It looked good. And it wasn't bad. But I won't make it again, unless I make my own roll dough.

Tonight is spaghetti. No meat tonight, just lots of tomatoes, onions, and peppers with some garlic thrown into the mix, too, along with basil, oregano, and marjoram. And the last of the pumpkin crescent rolls from the freezer.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heehee. I don't post a lot of days, because I'm just reheating leftovers. Yesterday, I was too lazy to even reheat leftover stir-fry chicken or pizza. Those went in the freezer. I only "cook" two or three days a week, but cook BIG. :p

Dinner tonight will be leftovers. Either stir-fry, pizza...or maybe more chips and dip.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Junk food. I didn't feel like cooking, so I just made a dip with softened cream cheese blended with peach-pineapple salsa to eat with chips. Coffee ice cream with chocolate chunks for dessert.
I was with you until the peach. :lol: I am not a peach fan. I've had cranberry salsa before and it was really good.

Let's see, what's for dinner? I've decided I'm making up individual meals for my mother for Christmas. I'll put them in the freezer and she can just pull out food when she feels like it. Shes 85 and doesn't like to cook. I used to do this with my brother for Christmas until his significant other moved in.

I made up a big pan of lasagna yesterday. I have a pork tenderloin to cook with veggies and potatoes. I also have the fixings for shaved steak for sandwiches, chourico and peppers, and rice with shrimp and chourico. I'm be making at least some of those today and we can pick for supper although I think it will be the pork tenderloin with the rest being frozen for her. I'm also debating about making either a meatloaf or a french meat pie for her.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had salsa verde on my shopping list for chicken enchiladas, but there was a discount for buying two jars of any salsa blends...so the peach-pineapple was an unplanned food adventure impulse buy. :p It's really tasty. The fruits are chopped so small that they add a sweetness. I couldn't really discern peach or pineapple flavor.

You're a real blessing to your mom for cooking in bulk like that. All your meals for her sound delicious. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.