What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight was a medley of leftovers. I'm looking at recipes for tomorrow's dinner. I'm thinking of lemon pepper chicken since I have chicken cutlets in the freezer and all but one of the other ingrediens in the pantry. I just need to get a lemon.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A crunchy peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich with cheddar and sour cream chips. Going to a friends house in a bit for dessert I’m providing a peanut butter cup ice cream dessert “pizza” from Dairy Queen and we’re going to watch a movie. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti sauce tonight. I had thawed it for last night, then had my PB&J fit. But I want to use the thawed hunk of French bread before it goes stale. Even careful wrapping and refrigeration can only do so much!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I took two boneless chops out of the freezer this morning. Rick will grill them and I'm going to make some stuffed mushrooms and a bit of pepper salad. I have some nice baby portobellos that need to be used up.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our stuffed 'shrooms were wonderful last night; it's been a while since we had them and they were so good. I did them in the air fryer. We were really busy outside, so no grilling. Instead I seasoned the chops with Tuscan Sunset seasoning (from Penzey), sauteed the chops, then added some sliced onion. Finished browning, then added a bit of tomato sauce that I also seasoned with the Tuscan Sunset and some Penzey Garlic Shoots. And finished it all off with a scattering of shredded low-fat mozz. Served over a bit of brown rice. We had the pepper salad and the mushrooms to go with. Yum. I'm really liking that pepper salad.

I took two chicken thighs out of the freezer this morning. Will throw them in the air fryer tonight and throw together a couple Hasselback potatoes, also in the air fryer. I'll put them in the basket above the chicken.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
last night I ate at 2:30 in afternoon. left over pasta, cheese, butter, pepper and shredded chicken off the rotisserie I bought two days ago-it was delish. I forgot my broccoli as I usually add broccoli-nuke it then add butter-mix and add parm cheese..that is what I will have today for both lunch and dinner..I love plain pasta with butter n cheese..nothing else.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Crud. I haven't been near the freezer all day. SO...either a fried egg sandwich or another PB&J!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to pat myself on the back.. I mean, I do not cook very often, but when I do, and take my time, I have great results.:soapbox:

I was at Trader Joe's this afternoon for some yogurt, and a few other things. Before I left the store, out of the corned of my eye, I saw the HONEYNUT squashes!!!! OMG!!

Let me tell you how delicious they are! I discovered them last year. They are a very small, darker in color, Butternut squash.. perfect for one person, two meals, or for 2 people, one meal.... All I did was split in half lengthwise, and bake!!! It just needed a bit of butter and some salt and pepper!! YUM..

I picked up a nice pork chop at the butcher on Saturday. Had to use it today.. my timing was perfect! I did a slow saute on top of the stove, putting it in the oven after the squash was done. I used my toaster oven... 10 minutes later, it was all done!!

I did sprinkle some Penzey's Spices Herbs de Provence Blend along with S&P...
added a bit of unsweetened applesauce..

What a good meal. I really, really enjoyed myself.
easy, and delish..

If you do see any Honeynut squash...(mini-butternut), do not hesitate to buy...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My allergies are acting up so I don't have the patience to cook tonight. It will be something easy - scrambled eggs with fresh veggies and swiss cheese. For dessert, fresh raspberries and my new favorite, Trader Joe's Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Cookie Sticks.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
last night I ate at 2:30 in afternoon. left over pasta, cheese, butter, pepper and shredded chicken off the rotisserie I bought two days ago-it was delish. I forgot my broccoli as I usually add broccoli-nuke it then add butter-mix and add parm cheese..that is what I will have today for both lunch and dinner..I love plain pasta with butter n cheese..nothing else.
Pasta with butter and cheese is SO good.

Status
Not open for further replies.