What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
BOY, there's a lot of that going around! Salad, here, as well, with cheese and boiled egg and chicken breast.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last bit of leftovers tonight but tomorow I will be making salsa pulled chicken in the slow cooker. I'll have that with quinoa and steamed corn.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think we're calling for delivery pizza tonight. I was going to get some chicken quarters out of the freezer to do bourbon smoked chicken on the grill tonight, but Rick isn't going to be around. He suggested a pizza and that will work. Pizza always works.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if the stuffed peppers will finish thawing, i'll have a stuffed pepper half -- they should be ready to heat'n'eat tonight. i'm thinking some mini pretzels and a slice of banana bread to round off the meal.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Another salad. Since I bought a whole bag of greens, and I only get to the store once a month, and I have to use these up before they go off, I'll be living on salad for a couple of more days. Fine by me, I LOVE salad!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I can chew on a salad! The swelling around the broken crown, subsided..

I have the last of the salad ingredients, so salad it is!!! missing it..

Will have it again tomorrow, with the absolute end of the lettuce, cuke and celery...and then to the Dentist on Tuesday for a cleaning and full mouth x-rays.. I will be sore after that, and not feel like eating.. just have to think of Monday...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another salad. Since I bought a whole bag of greens, and I only get to the store once a month, and I have to use these up before they go off, I'll be living on salad for a couple of more days. Fine by me, I LOVE salad!
I love salads, too. I can only get to the store 2 or 3 times a month as my pain med runs out and I can't do a lot of walking when that happens.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made a spicy pasta casserole with cheesy garlic bread. We'll have enough leftovers for a few nights this week.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The salsa pullled chicken came out meh :dunno: Pretty bland and oddly soupy. I'm going to have to reinvent the leftovers into other dishes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night I made tuna salad. I got home and everybody was miserable with the heat. Rick said tuna was fine with him.

Not sure about tonight yet. We may slice some turkey kielbasa and do it on the grill with some bbq sauce. With a salad.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Baked pork chop with barbecue sauce and green beans and new potatoes. I'd actually barbecue the pork chop, but the Philistines that manage our apartment complex don't allow grills on the property.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner is in the slow cooker, honey orange chicken drumsticks. The recipie said to use 12 medium drumsticks for a 6qt pot but I could only fit 10 in my 6qt pot. Hopefully the results will turn out better than last week's salsa chicken :crossfingers:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The drumsticks came out pretty well. Next time I'll turn the drumsticks over about halfway through so all sides get coated in the sauce. And maybe add a little more crushed red pepper. I made quinoa to go with the drumsticks.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I'm glad your drumsticks worked out. They sound delicious.

Probably grilled pizza tonight. (I did get chicken quarters out of the freezer this morning to thaw, but they're for Sunday's dinner.)

Status
Not open for further replies.