What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So far, the plan is spaghetti, and I think that will be fine. I don't see any signs that we're going to lose power. It's windy, but not raining.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a piece of peach pie that I got at Food Lion. I'm getting so tired of the same of thing over and over.

Muffin

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A giant chopped kale salad with lots of veggies: Cubanelle pepper, mushrooms, green onion, zucchini and avocado Plus 2 pieces of homemade cornbread I baked yesterday. Nectarine for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
mmmm, I love nectarines. Last night I ate three black plums; I love plums, too.

I have 1-1/2 pounds of a raw chuck roast leftover from Sunday (I didn't make it because I already had 1-1/2 pounds of the roast in the crock pot). I'm trying to decide to what to do with this thing as I had thawed it once and didn't want to re-freeze it.

I'm thinking of seasoning it and throwing it into the pressure cooker tonight with some red wine and the rest of the stock from Sunday. Making some hot, buttered noodles with either dill or chives and some sauteed mushrooms to serve with it. And maybe peas with thyme. In the pressure cooker, I can have dinner ready in under an hour. That should work. I know, it's leftovers. But I need to get it used.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti again. LOL, have you noticed the pattern? I'm going to try to do better next month, and go all out on veggies and real meat. She said.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Was lazy, needing a 'real' meal, so I defrosted a couple of Italian sausages from the butcher; provolone and garlic. I had that with some whole grain penne pasta... It was really good. My apartment smells like an Italian Restaurant!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dinner was actually pretty good last night. I seasoned the meat with Bavarian Seasoning (Penzey), set the pressure cooker for 25 minutes, so I could still get a wee bit of red in the meat and it worked out well. No frozen peas in the house, so I simmered some baby limas in the rest of the beef stock.

Tonight will be jerked ribs, leftovers from a month ago, from the freezer. Got them out last night to thaw and Rick will heat them on the grill. With a simple side salad. Maybe a Hasselback potato.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Chicken salad tonight. It's SO HOT, AGAIN! Next week it should cool down considerably. I may get ambitious and make biscuits and sausage gravy one night.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stirred fried frozen vegetables with tofu and some fried rice I had left over. It was pretty good. I had to use up the tofu and the rice before they went bad. I'm tired of throwing out so much food.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Stirred fried frozen vegetables with tofu and some fried rice I had left over. It was pretty good. I had to use up the tofu and the rice before they went bad. I'm tired of throwing out so much food.
I love stir fry w/veggies, tofu and fried rice. All you need to go with it is a fortune cookie. :wink:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fortune cookie did come with the fried rice I got at a carry out but I don't like them. Your dinners always sound good.
Muffy

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard wants spaghetti. When I reminded him that I was pretty sure he had spaghetti last week, he shrugged and replied, "What's your point?" He's having spaghetti tonight. And I think I am, too. I've pretty much had it with the "No tomatoes for a while" thing. I'm to the "Well, let's try it and see what happens!" point.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue, but since I bought peach, apricot and blackberry preserves when we thought we were getting hammered by Irma, I'm thinking scrambled eggs and homemade biscuits.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no clue, but since I bought peach, apricot and blackberry preserves when we thought we were getting hammered by Irma, I'm thinking scrambled eggs and homemade biscuits.
That reminds me of when I was a kid and we would visit my mother's relatives on a farm in Virginia. Every morning they would have home made biscuits with preserves.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll have either pulled pork on a roll or a tomato sandwich with mayo (thank you Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , that's a truly great sandwich -- when made with garden fresh tomatoes, not the cardboard-masquerading-as-tomatoes available in the grocery stores) -- one for my lunch and the other for dinner, and a slice of banana bread. possibly some of the pickled green beans too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, pulled pork doesn't sound half bad. I can get some from the freezer and throw it in the microwave. I can nuke some buns, too. Sounds like a plan, unless Dear Richard has other ideas.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti tonight, simply because I still have 8 or 9 servings in the freezer, and they really taste best when used within the first 3-4 months of being frozen.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
same old salad again. I did wash, dry and cut up a double amount of the 'extras', yesterday.
All I had to do was throw it together, and add some cheese and croutons. It was really good. I splurged and bought a bottle of Trader Joe's Bacon, sweet Onion salad dressing.. it was delish!!

I had a busy, cleaning day, so the pre-made salad, just hit the spot.

Not sure about tomorrow... perhaps pizza? or pasta... I think I should have something a bit solid... but we will see... I have plenty of salad stuff in the refrigerator.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
If the weather holds (calling for showers), we're getting the pizza oven out for the grill. Rick's pizza will have sauce, turkey pepperoni, onions, mushrooms and peppers with cheese; my half will be the same, but no sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.