Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a busy day.. and a late starting day.. did not sleep well because Artie was a "velcro" kitty during the night.. the hail woke me up very early.. along with the thunder and rain..

so it will be a sandwich for supper!!! nice comfort food: "Lite" Deli ham & Cheese, with mayo, mustard, pickles and baked Lay's potato chips ~~~ have to make it 'healthy"....

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, at least the chips are gluten free! THAT'S healthy...for most people. Although I've been reading that unless you are gluten-sensitive, gluten-free is not any healthier than gluten-full.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PINNED THAT! I'll bet it would be terrific with chicken breasts, as well.

One of the comments mentioned that bone-in chicken thighs were used in addition to a few drumsticks and the results still came out delicious. I bet bone-in breasts would work just as well. I guess if you use boneless the cooking time would be a little less for both low and high heat. The cilantro sprinkled over the drumsticks do punch up the flavor. I omitted the sesame seeds because I don't care for it.

Some of Ina Garten's recipes can be made in a slow cooker :clap2: 5 Ina Garten Recipes You Can Make in the Slow Cooker The first three looks good :yummy: Love Ina :D

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Some good suppers, people!

We got a beautiful piece of salmon last night and will throw it on the grill tonight. I have a small butternut squash that I'll peel and slice and we'll throw the slices on the grill, too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
This is the recipe I used: Slow-Cooker Honey-Orange Chicken Drumsticks Recipe

It was a pain to remove the skin off the drumsticks before putting them into the slow cooker, partly because my carpal tunnel was bothering me and I needed kitchen shears to help.
I don't know if this will help you or not. When I need to remove chicken skin from legs and such, I use paper towels. The towels help to get a better grip on the skin and then you just rip away. Just take your paring knife and stick it under the skin to get a start. Then, using your paper towel, grab hold of the skin. And "peel" the skin off. Try it and see if that helps you.

Also, you can buy skinless thighs. I *think* you can even buy boneless, skinless thighs.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if this will help you or not. When I need to remove chicken skin from legs and such, I use paper towels. The towels help to get a better grip on the skin and then you just rip away. Just take your paring knife and stick it under the skin to get a start. Then, using your paper towel, grab hold of the skin. And "peel" the skin off. Try it and see if that helps you.

Also, you can buy skinless thighs. I *think* you can even buy boneless, skinless thighs.
Yes. I buy boneless skinless thighs a lot. My local grocery store (Publix) also sells skinless drumsticks. If your store does not sell them like that, the butcher may do that for you if you ask. The butchers in our store are great and so helpful.

I have no idea what's for dinner. I'll figure that out when I get home- maybe a burger and salad

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have four pieces of grilled chicken breasts I saved in the freezer from last week. I am going to take them out and cover them with the red barbeque sauce I buy from Smithifield's We buy it by the gallon and freeze it. It makes leftovers wonderful. For sides, I want some green butterbeans and a baked sweet potato. I have a pan of baked gluten free cornbread to eat with it. Hubby asked me for some chocolate pudding to use up some of the milk on hand. So that will be our supper.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw a great recipe for chicken with grapes.. you do pickle the grapes, sherry vinegar, first, then roast, separate from the chicken, also has tarragon in it..use the pickling juice to make a sauce. I think I am going to print it up..

Stuck in the house, waiting for repairman to check out the tubs.. :argh:ugh.. the joys of apartment living---no way to predict what time today, or when they will fix both tubs....hate sitting around waiting.. I am not cleaning, because it will only get incredibly messed up, when they do arrive ~~~ and when they do the work.:angryfire:

The Super was very unclear as to when and what day they will be doing the work!!!:livid::livid::livid::livid::livid::livid::livid: I even called her to find out--even more confused!!:fuming::fuming::fireblob:

Thinking this recipe may be for the week-end.. along with some rice...:devilish:

For supper tonight---have no idea.. either pirogues, or a Greek Salad... depends on what time I can get out of the house--if I do....:lovecat2::lovecat2::lovecat2::lovecat2::lovecat2:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
artiemom artiemom for what it is worth, it has been my experience that, whether living in an apartment or "your own home (rented or owned)", repairmen arrive when they get there, and NOBODY has a clue when that will be until they show up.

Supper tonight...um...baked chicken?

~runs like mad to the freezer to take a chicken bosom out to thaw~

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Spicy Shrimp Power Meal from Wegman's grab and go section. It was good but definitely not spicy at all.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't do the salmon on the grill last as dinner was later than what we wanted. So I blackened it, then made a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce (the vinegar, brown sugar, lemon juice) and served it over the salmon. And instead of the butternut squash, I roasted some cauliflower (with smoked paprika, minced garlic, fresh parsley, and olive oil).

Tonight's dinner will be acorn squash halves, filled with spinach, dried cranberries, and grated Parmesan. (I am going back to at least one meatless meal a week if it kills me.)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
DANG, Winchester Winchester , I'm going to start coming to your house for dinner!

Hot dogs here tonight. I'm too tired to do anything else. And I have to be EARLY tomorrow for the guys to come and inspect the dryer vents and sign off on the new back door.

Status
Not open for further replies.