What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i made my own, using this recipe -- Black Bean Burger i've tried frozen store-bought veggie burgers, but have never found any that i liked. i really like those black bean burgers though!

tonight i'll just have a baked potato with margarine and salt/pepper, some raw veggies with hummus as a dip, and orange jello.
Thanks for the link. I've always liked Ree but now I like her even more when I read this:

"You can dress the burger however you’d like! I used mayo, not to be confused with Miracle Whip, which we all know is what they serve in Hades…"

:flail:So true. So very true.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick has his bowling dinner tonight, so I'm on my own. I stuck a can of tuna in water in the fridge last night and may just have a tuna salad sandwich for supper. I have some 100-calorie buns in the pantry that I can use.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i made my own, using this recipe -- Black Bean Burger i've tried frozen store-bought veggie burgers, but have never found any that i liked. i really like those black bean burgers though!

tonight i'll just have a baked potato with margarine and salt/pepper, some raw veggies with hummus as a dip, and orange jello.
That really sounds good. I don't like the frozen ones you can buy in the store either. I would have to find a replacement for eggs and leave out the heat but that sounds easy enough for me to make. I enjoy watching the Pioneer Women.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never found a frozen store bought veggie burger I like either. I have a few recipes, but always looking for more, so I will add this one to the collection.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link. I've always liked Ree but now I like her even more when I read this:

"You can dress the burger however you’d like! I used mayo, not to be confused with Miracle Whip, which we all know is what they serve in Hades…"

:flail:So true. So very true.
you're welcome! :D i like Ree too! and i love her recipes. i use her applesauce recipe pretty much every year, and her lasagna recipe makes the best i've ever had.

yes, Miracle Whip -- that made me laugh too!!! :lol:

That really sounds good. I don't like the frozen ones you can buy in the store either. I would have to find a replacement for eggs and leave out the heat but that sounds easy enough for me to make. I enjoy watching the Pioneer Women.
from what i found online (What Can I Use to Substitute for Eggs in a Recipe?), i'd say that the easiest replacement for the egg in the recipe would be a commercial egg replacement, such as Ener-G or Bob's Red Mill brands.

it really was an easy recipe to make! :agree:

I've never found a frozen store bought veggie burger I like either. I have a few recipes, but always looking for more, so I will add this one to the collection.
:biggrin:

tonight i'll heat up a couple slices of the pepperoni pizza i made yesterday, have some canned tropical fruit, and 3 vanilla sandwich cookies.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took a large chicken breast out of the freezer last night to thaw. I'll slice it in half length-wise into two pieces, coat the slices with a bit of Emeril's Creole Seasoning (I make it; I don't buy it), then throw them into the air fryer. With a twice-baked sweet potato that we can share. And a bit of coleslaw to use the very last bit of cabbage in the fridge.....there's this tiny little hunk of cabbage yet. :)

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what's for tonight I'm just eating breakfast. Probably another sandwich.

Winchester - I absolutely love cabbage! Enjoy that. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...either a fried egg sandwich or chocolate chip cookies. I assembled the dratted bookcase, I'm worn out, and I baked 3 dozen cookies last night in a fit of...something...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pan fried panko crusted soft shell crab and mushroom risotto (from a frozen bag).

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a baked potato with margarine and salt/pepper, some canned tropical fruit, raw carrots/celery/cauliflower with hummus as a dip, and 3 vanilla sandwich cookies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea. DD will decide. We usually get take out on Friday nights. She's very picky so I let her choose. She might want Taco Bell.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're going to my sister's for dinner tonight. She mentioned meatloaf and corn on the cob when I talked to her. I'm making a seven-layer salad and taking a coconut cake that I bought at a restaurant yesterday. I'm buying a fifth of tequila this morning to take tonight. I know she's making an orange-pineapple cheesecake.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roasted turkey breast, Macaroni'N-(Hatch Chili Pepper Queso)-Cheese, green beans, griddle-toasted tortilla.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we split a large piece of lasagna. Not sure about tonight; I didn't bother to get anything from the freezer. We do need to grab a few groceries tonight, so maybe we'll have something from the store.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
had some Mushroom risotto, green beans and scallops. Have not cooked scallops for what seems like years! The risotto was Trader Joes. I had to cook it a bit longer in order for the rice to get a softer and creamier. Next time I will add some Parmesan Cheese. LTS3 LTS3 was correct.. not enough veggies in the rice. But not bad for a frozen risotto.

I did use Ghee for the first time. It does not burn! I was surprised.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carrots, zucchini, onions/garlic sautéed in olive oil, butter and oregano - sprinkle of parmesan on top. Pan warmed flour tortillas. A no meat dinner makes my brain convinced I'm starving to death, but I'll probably survive until breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.