What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Cornish pasties with a red wine sauce. A bit of coleslaw to use up the last of the cabbage in the fridge. Not sure about dessert; I'm considering some bread pudding. I know it's a lot of carbs, but Rick loves bread pudding. And since I'm off today, I have the time.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We're either going to go out or have leftover stuffed peppers.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner last night I picked up a package of Amy's organic rice noodles, veggies and tofu in a cashew cream sauce. It was very good. It said right on the package that it was vegetarian and the cashier ask me if I was going to add meat to it. I thought that was a stupid thing to say. Why would I go to the trouble of buying something vegetarian and then add meat to it? She should know not everyone eats meat.

I hope I didn't offend anyone in my post yesterday.

Muffy

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to try one of my Bisquick Impossibly Easy pies tonight. I think I'll do the pepperoni, bell pepper and onion one, although I MAY do the ham and asparagus one. Not sure yet.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt you did Muffy. :) The forum can be slow sometimes and not everyone is on at the same time. If you ever need someone to talk to PM me. :)

I'm having a premade salad for dinner from Walmart.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt you did Muffy. :) The forum can be slow sometimes and not everyone is on at the same time. If you ever need someone to talk to PM me. :)

I'm having a premade salad for dinner from Walmart.
Thank you, misgi's mommy. I will PM you when I need to. I'm paranoid and I think no one likes me.
Your dinner sounds good. I shop a lot at Walmart but ours does not have premade salads

Take care,
Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw on TV this morning that today is National Pretzel day. I thought about you. They said that people can get a free pretzel at Wetzel's or Auntie Anne's.

When I want a pretzel I'll get one at my WalMart. They have a Sub shop there that sells the big soft ones. I like them with honey mustard and ranch dressing.

Muffy
i think i saw mention of National Pretzel day somewhere online yesterday. ahhh, you know how i love pretzels! i really love those big soft pretzels, though it's been many years since i had one -- i like yellow mustard on them! :yummy:

well, so far i've had a slice of cinnamon sugar cake. i'll have a grilled cheese sandwich or maybe a peanut butter and concord grape jelly sandwich either shortly or when i get up to give my cats their 'middle of the night snack' tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Have no idea what to have for supper.. yesterday was a junk food day.. too much junk food..
Today is going to be a late supper because Artie has a vet appointment which I think will be for a while. I will be coming home during rush hour and will get home late...sigh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm paranoid and I think no one likes me.
muffy muffy :hugs:

I don't know about tonight. I have some leftover top round roast (from which I had cubed some slices for our pasties yesterday); it's raw and I'm not sure what I want to do with it. I guess I could throw it into the pressure cooker with a bit of wine sauce and beef stock, cook it, slice it, and then serve it over noodles. With some lima beans. Wouldn't take long in the pressure cooker. Hmm, go figure. Guess I just decided dinner.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you, misgi's mommy. I will PM you when I need to. I'm paranoid and I think no one likes me.
Your dinner sounds good. I shop a lot at Walmart but ours does not have premade salads

Take care,
Muffy
I, for one, like you quite well, so far as I know you! PM me, as well! I tend to be on in the afternoons, and again most nights, late, eastern time!

Tonight...oh, I dunno. I'm thawing a pound of ground turkey, so probably a Farmhouse Pie (Shepherd's Pie made with poultry instead of mutton or beef).

OH...has anyone tried the Duncan Hines "Perfect Size for One" desserts? They are single-serving cake mixes that you make in a coffee cup in the microwave! No frosting, just the cake. They come in a box with four servings inside. Just add 3 Tbsp water, stir, and microwave for 1 min 10 sec, and there you are! I've quite fallen for them.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
DH is making chicken enchiladas, guacamole, margaritas, etc. I LOVE Mexican food so almost every Friday is a fiesta here. :woo:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For dinner last night I picked up a package of Amy's organic rice noodles, veggies and tofu in a cashew cream sauce. It was very good. It said right on the package that it was vegetarian and the cashier ask me if I was going to add meat to it. I thought that was a stupid thing to say. Why would I go to the trouble of buying something vegetarian and then add meat to it? She should know not everyone eats meat.
I'm vegetarian, and I don't know how I would answer if a cashier asked if I was adding meat to a vegetarian frozen meal. I'd probably just stare with a stunned look and say nothing. :headscratch:

As for dinner tonight, I think I'm going to make Edamame and Egg fried rice.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, for one, like you quite well, so far as I know you! PM me, as well! I tend to be on in the afternoons, and again most nights, late, eastern time!

Tonight...oh, I dunno. I'm thawing a pound of ground turkey, so probably a Farmhouse Pie (Shepherd's Pie made with poultry instead of mutton or beef).

OH...has anyone tried the Duncan Hines "Perfect Size for One" desserts? They are single-serving cake mixes that you make in a coffee cup in the microwave! No frosting, just the cake. They come in a box with four servings inside. Just add 3 Tbsp water, stir, and microwave for 1 min 10 sec, and there you are! I've quite fallen for them.
The Duncan Hines sounds so easy I could make it. I had a recipe for cake you could make in a coffee cup but I'm not sure what I did with it. I don't remember what the ingredients were but it was simple to make and it was tasty. I'll look for the recipe tomorrow.

Muffy

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Turkey panini. Homemade, cooked on the George Foreman grill. I love that grill.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually saw the cake in the cup things at walmart yesterday. I'd probably end up ruining it as my microwave has no light. :rolleyes2: I had the rest of the corned beef and cabbage from the other day for dinner.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Take care,
Muffy
i like you! :) and you can PM me any time you'd like to. i'm usually online on and off throughout the day and overnight, though there are some days i don't make it online.

tonight i'll be frying a black bean burger with a slice of white american cheese melted over it and some mayo and hot sauce (no bun), some raw veggies with hummus, a handful of mini pretzels, and a few oatmeal peanut butter cookies.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope I didn't offend anyone in my post yesterday.

Muffy

Take care,
Muffy
What did you post to make you feel paranoid ? I don't recall anything !

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my birthday tomorrow so going out for a meal with friends (traditional Sunday roast my favourite ). Tonight we are ordering in an Indian curry and watching the boxing !

Status
Not open for further replies.