What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Note to self: When making pot pie, don't double most of the ingredients, but then turn around and triple the amounts of baking powder and salt. The dough didn't turn out too badly and it wasn't incredibly salty (I was worried about that), but it was very "puffy" and doughy....not what I was looking for. Still, it tasted good and Rick was just happy to have pot pie.

Leftover pot pie for Dear Richard tonight for dinner. I'm having leftover fixin's from the beef fajitas from Friday night. And Rick has requested bread pudding for dessert. I told him that between the pot pie and the bread pudding, that would be an incredible amount of carbs. And got "What's your point?" in response. So....OK, then.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Pot pie sounds yummy.

We are having pizza for the 4th day in a row. :thud: I was supposed to grill today for my mother, but the weather is terrible and she wants pizza.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
honey baked sliced deli turkey, with Imported Swiss Cheese, mayo, on a bulky roll with chips....
do not feel like cooking.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night I made chicken parm (Ok, so it was really Trader Joe's Vodka Sauce) over a wee bit of spaghetti. It's been a while since we had it. I simmered some frozen peas to go along with the chicken.

The weather is supposed to be glorious today, so I'm thinking of grilled salmon with a simple salad, just some romaine and iceberg lettuce, onion, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and broccoli. Topped with some light blue cheese dressing. Nothing exotic.

ETA: I see the ad at the top of the page is for the 2017 Buick LaCrosse. When we were looking at cars, back in 2012, I wanted to check out the LaCrosse. I don't know, I really liked the way it looked and I wanted to at least test-drive one. Rick and my brother made all kinds of fun of me for wanting to drive a boat and every time I'd mention the LaCrosse, Rick would "A-RooGa! A-RooGa!" me. One of these days, I'm going to go drive one....just because. It doesn't mean I'm going to buy one, but I'd like to test drive one.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Would you believe tuna salad again today? I'd order pizza, but after the recent banking disaster (unauthorized charge put me in overdraft...money is back, but I canceled the card and don't get the new one till I go in on Sunday), I can't order online! And it is TOO DANGED HOT to actually cook anything. I did spaghetti last night and melted.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you believe tuna salad again today? I'd order pizza, but after the recent banking disaster (unauthorized charge put me in overdraft...money is back, but I canceled the card and don't get the new one till I go in on Sunday), I can't order online! And it is TOO DANGED HOT to actually cook anything. I did spaghetti last night and melted.
Each time I open a can of tuna, I end up giving half of it to Artie..and then he wants more!! The small can is too small to share and the large can is too large!! I miss my tuna fish!! Any fish actually..

If I am eating fish, Artie is automatically climbing up my body, nose into my food.. darn cat!!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each time I open a can of tuna, I end up giving half of it to Artie..and then he wants more!! The small can is too small to share and the large can is too large!! I miss my tuna fish!! Any fish actually..

If I am eating fish, Artie is automatically climbing up my body, nose into my food.. darn cat!!
I had 8 cats and not one of them would eat tuna or drink the juice. They would not eat any human food. I had a hard enough time getting them to eat cat food.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a(nother) hot open-faced sloppy joe sandwich, raw carrots and cauliflower with french salad dressing as a dip, a handful of mini pretzels, and 3 vanilla sandwich cookies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Today is my husband's last day at his company after 18 years. Tomorrow we get on a plane for California. all I know is dinner is something I won't be cooking. :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Today is my husband's last day at his company after 18 years. Tomorrow we get on a plane for California. all I know is dinner is something I won't be cooking. :lol:
Oh, wow, Karen! The best of luck to you!

Must be a thing with tuna right now. I put two cans of tuna in the fridge this morning for either tuna-pasta salad or maybe tuna melts on 100-calorie buns, not sure which yet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, wow, Karen! The best of luck to you!

Must be a thing with tuna right now. I put two cans of tuna in the fridge this morning for either tuna-pasta salad or maybe tuna melts on 100-calorie buns, not sure which yet.
LOL...In 64 years it NEVER OCCURRED to me to actually put the can of tuna in the fridge to chill it ahead of time! BOY do I feel stupid :thud:. Tonight is pasta e pesto, I made it last night and had it hot, but there's just enough for tonight, chilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.