What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a toss up between a giant veggie salad or leftover veggie chili. Maybe I'll compromise with a small veggie salad and small bowl of chili. But have to leave room for a strawberry rhubarb pie DH brought home from the farmer's market over the weekend - we already ate the blueberry/apple pie. :yummy:
I have an apple pie I need to eat before it goes bad. Blueberry is my favorite. Your veggie chili sounds good.

Tonight I stopped and got Chinese food. I had a coupon and I brought tofu with fried vegetables and some spring rolls. It was good.

Muffy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I dearly love sauerkraut, too. Yum. Glad you're feeling better, muffy muffy !

I think grilled salmon with a balsamic vinegar glaze. With just a salad as a side.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, either spaghetti or "tomato stew," simply because once I'm finished posting at TCS I'm going to make an enormous batch of pasta sauce. Might as well have some of that, as make it AND a different supper.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! We try.

Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp tonight (I know we just had fish last night). I got them out of the freezer this morning and they're in the fridge. Rick will clean them when he gets home. With some brown "vegetable" rice....I make it; it's not from a package.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't laugh, but hot dogs again tonight. I have a conference call at 8pm, and a BUNCH of stuff to get done before it, so...quick and easy!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have an apple pie I need to eat before it goes bad. Muffy
Hmmm, I wish I had that problem! :)

I have some turkey kielbasa in the freezer. I will saute half of it, add some cooked farfalle pasta, some fresh broccoli, some sauteed 'shrooms, and some chunked tomatoes. A bit of chicken stock and some freshly grated Parm, along with a sprinkling of basil and oregano. Call it supper and be done with it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think, with all that sauce that turned out really well, pasta. And one of those Duncan Hines desserts for one! I'm addicted to them! Where else am I going to get cake that I can do in a mug in less than two minutes? No icing, but goodness knows I don't need those extra calories!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich with mayo, bread and butter pickles and mustard on toasted wheat bread. I dearly love bacon but don't have it often. It's a treat when I do. :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think, with all that sauce that turned out really well, pasta. And one of those Duncan Hines desserts for one! I'm addicted to them! Where else am I going to get cake that I can do in a mug in less than two minutes? No icing, but goodness knows I don't need those extra calories!
I have a recipe for chocolate pudding in a mug:

1 tablespoon corn starch
2 " coca powder
2 " sugar
3/4 cup soy milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

In a large mug dissolve corn starch
coco and sugar in milk. Chill at least 1 hour.
Nuke for 1 minute.
Stir and nuke again for 30 sec.
Nuke again in three 30 minute intervals
watching to be sure there are no overflows.

I've tried this recipe and it is good.

Muffy

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich with mayo, bread and butter pickles and mustard on toasted wheat bread. I dearly love bacon but don't have it often. It's a treat when I do. :)
That sounds delicious. I never had a BLT but I bet vegetarian bacon would work. If you watch the cooking shows you would thing that bacon is all people eat.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Steak sandwiches with peppers and onions. I have a small container of baked beans in the fridge that I want to use up, so Rick can have those and I'll throw together a salad for me.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
God only knows. I'm in the process of baking about 8 of those "Impossibly Easy" pies in several varieties. Most of them will be cut into single servings and frozen, but I'm sure ONE of them will be supper.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds delicious. I never had a BLT but I bet vegetarian bacon would work. If you watch the cooking shows you would thing that bacon is all people eat.
It was. I do watch them sometimes.. I just have bacon as a treat.

My dinner tonight is a crunchy peanut butter and blueberry preserves sandwich on toasted wheat bread.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
BBQ chicken thighs on the grill. With a salad.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you always been vegetarian, muffy muffy ? I've only been vegetarian 8 1/2 years, so I had my share of BLTs in the past. But I don't miss the bacon at all now. Even when I used to eat it, I could almost visualize the fat clogging my arteries.

My favourite sandwich these days is one with tomato, baby spinach, red onion, mashed avocado and cheese. So yummy. I use dairy cheese, but vegan cheese would probably be ok too.

Since I have an avocado, I may make that sandwich for dinner tonight. Might even oven bake some sweet potato fries to go with it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you always been vegetarian, muffy muffy ? I've only been vegetarian 8 1/2 years, so I had my share of BLTs in the past. But I don't miss the bacon at all now. Even when I used to eat it, I could almost visualize the fat clogging my arteries.

My favourite sandwich these days is one with tomato, baby spinach, red onion, mashed avocado and cheese. So yummy. I use dairy cheese, but vegan cheese would probably be ok too.

Since I have an avocado, I may make that sandwich for dinner tonight. Might even oven bake some sweet potato fries to go with it.
I've been vegetarian ever since I was 8 years old. I was watching the old TV show Maverick and they were eating a rattlesnake. That put me off eating meat. I was vegan for 12 years but I gave it up a few years ago. I'm not a health nut, I just don't like the thought of eating animals. I guess you could say I'm a junk food vegetarian.

Your avocado sandwich sounds good. I'm trying to eat better but it's hard. I have arthritis and I really can't do a lot of cooking or prepare healthy meals. I have a lot of pizza and Chinese delivered. Right now I'm eating vegetable Lo Mien.

Muffy

Status
Not open for further replies.