What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like you! :) and you can PM me any time you'd like to. i'm usually online on and off throughout the day and overnight, though there are some days i don't make it online.

tonight i'll be frying a black bean burger with a slice of white american cheese melted over it and some mayo and hot sauce (no bun), some raw veggies with hummus, a handful of mini pretzels, and a few oatmeal peanut butter cookies.
Thank you, Micksnicks2mom and Winchester for your replies to my post. I just get feeling depressed at times.

That bean burger you had last night sounds good. I like vegetarian "meat". I had barbecue with sauce last night for the first time and it was the best vegetarian dish I ever had. I did wake up with heart burn however.

Muffy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think most of us get depressed at times. I know I do, too.

Nothing tonight for dinner. Rick took me out for breakfast this morning and we don't want supper. We might go out later on for a gelati. But for now, we're good.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a sample of a vegetarian pizza burger at Trader Joes.. It was really good. It was served with some guacamole.. really good. I bought the pizza burger, some whole wheat rolls, and had that for supper. Should have picked up the guacamole, though...

and a ton of ice cream for dessert..

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a sample of a vegetarian pizza burger at Trader Joes.. It was really good. It was served with some guacamole.. really good. I bought the pizza burger, some whole wheat rolls, and had that for supper. Should have picked up the guacamole, though...

That sounds really good. I wish we had a Trader Joes. All we have is a little organic store but at least they sell more vegetarian and vegan items than Safeway or Giant. They keep saying we are going to get a Wegmens but I'm still waiting.

Ice cream sounds good too. I have some ice cream buried in my little freezer that I can't even find.

Muffy

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wendy's. I was bad this time and got a chicken nugget meal instead of my favorite salad from there.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Micksnicks2mom and Winchester for your replies to my post. I just get feeling depressed at times.

I suffered years of depression and anxiety to the extent I had a total breakdown 3 years ago . It can beac struggle however more people suffer from it than you'll ever know so in some sense you're never alone

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That bean burger you had last night sounds good. I like vegetarian "meat". I had barbecue with sauce last night for the first time and it was the best vegetarian dish I ever had. I did wake up with heart burn however.

Muffy
it was very good, that black bean burger! just really flavorful. :yummy: i'm thinking i'll try some sweet bread & butter pickle slices on one tonight. that vegetarian barbecue with sauce sounds interesting! oh no! do you have pepto bismol? that stuff is most excellent at relieving heartburn.

tonight i'll have a(nother) black bean burger with american cheese and some sweet bread & butter pickle slices on a slice of bread (cut in half, to make top and bottom 'buns'), a handful of mini pretzels, and orange jello.

and, Happy Birthday, daisyd daisyd ! :bday:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for you reply, daisyd. I'm glad you recovered from your nervous break down. I came very close to having one when I was working. It helps being on medication and being retired.

Muffy

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yet again, I dunno. Right now, I'm thinking scrambled eggs with ham, bell peppers and onions, and English muffins, but that might change!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you was good day! Had a nice meal with friends .

When you hit rock bottom the only say is up ! X

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll fry a(nother) black bean burger with american cheese and add some sweet bread & butter pickle slices on top in a slice of bread (cut in half, to make top and bottom 'buns'), some raw veggies with hummus as a dip, and orange jello.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
daisyd daisyd , belated Happy Birthday wishes to you! :bday:

I'm thinking boca burgers on the indoor grill tonight. With some sweet potatoes fries for Rick.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i'll fry a(nother) black bean burger with american cheese and add some sweet bread & butter pickle slices on top in a slice of bread (cut in half, to make top and bottom 'buns'), some raw veggies with hummus as a dip, and orange jello.
I love black bean burgers. Did you make your own or buy frozen ones?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
daisyd daisyd , belated Happy Birthday wishes to you! :bday:

I'm thinking boca burgers on the indoor grill tonight. With some sweet potatoes fries for Rick.
Thank you ! Hungover today and glad it's a bank holiday ! Had ommlette on toast... Nice greesy cure

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Something quick and easy. WAY too hot to think about cooking a real meal. I have a ride to the store later, so I may pick up a tub of chicken salad made with grapes, and some Hawaiian bread, and maybe a small container of potato salad. Cool, quick, no fuss or muss.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got another HelloFresh box in yesterday so it will be either Sesame Beef tacos or Pistachio crusted chicken.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did the burgers, but not the sweet potato fries.

I'm thinking of firing up the grill tonight as we bought some salmon last night. And making sweet potato planks on the grill, too. With some stuffed tomatoes on the grill....as long as I'm at the grill anyway, I might as well make it worthwhile! And I need to get those potatoes used.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Doing one of my huge batches of pasta sauce today, so either spaghetti or "tomato stew."

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love black bean burgers. Did you make your own or buy frozen ones?
i made my own, using this recipe -- Black Bean Burger i've tried frozen store-bought veggie burgers, but have never found any that i liked. i really like those black bean burgers though!

tonight i'll just have a baked potato with margarine and salt/pepper, some raw veggies with hummus as a dip, and orange jello.

Status
Not open for further replies.