What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 of my four love carbs, if they can ever get a hold of dry food that is mostly corn they think they are in heaven, or corn chips or Doritos, maybe my guys just like corn? the other one she will not touch the stuff :dunno:

not sure who makes miko, i have the chicken and turkey, reminds me a lot of the Tiki after dark foods, but without the organ meat.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
... or corn chips or Doritos, maybe my guys just like corn? the other one she will not touch the stuff :dunno:
Oh that brought a shiver over me (in a good way) .. My best cat ever, Delia, LOVED corn chips. I mean not like I gave them to her all the time but maaaaaaaan she loved them. I hope she's got a full supply in the great beyond. <3

I just made a "What weird foods do your cats love" thread before we derail this one further. :flail:

Last edited:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to replace my IALAY turkey. Quality control is so poor on that flavor. I had to throw out 2 cases of it due to mold.

Replaced it with wellness core 95 turkey. Going to feed it to them tonight. Hope they like it.

145492_MAIN._AC_SY400_V1537542420_.jpg

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that brought a shiver over me (in a good way) .. My best cat ever, Delia, LOVED corn chips. I mean not like I gave them to her all the time but maaaaaaaan she loved them. I hope she's got a full supply in the great beyond. <3

I just made a "What weird foods do your cats love" thread before we derail this one further. :flail:
My ginger loves spicy and junk. He will happpily chomp on some hot cheetos. He seemed interested so we put it in front of his face and that's what he did. We were so surprised. Of course we didn't do that again but he likes spicy chips haha.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to replace my IALAY turkey. Quality control is so poor on that flavor. I had to throw out 2 cases of it due to mold.

Replaced it with wellness core 95 turkey. Going to feed it to them tonight. Hope they like it.

View attachment 258104
Fingers crossed for you!

I thought IALAY rabbit would become a permanent staple here, but after loving every can in the first case, Sylvie went off it on the second case and even barfed it up a couple of times. Makes me wonder whether inconsistency is an issue for the brand. I'll try it again, but after your experience I will inspect the food very closely before I dish it out.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed for you!

I thought IALAY rabbit would become a permanent staple here, but after loving every can in the first case, Sylvie went off it on the second case and even barfed it up a couple of times. Makes me wonder whether inconsistency is an issue for the brand. I'll try it again, but after your experience I will inspect the food very closely before I dish it out.
If you do see something make sure to report it. I did! For now I'm still using the 5.5 oz chicken cans but I have thrown out a couple of those cans before too because I was suspicious of those after dealing with the turkey problem.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am going to try out hound and gatos and first mate next...after discovering one of the stores here carries them!
I bought a couple of cans of Hounds and Gatos earlier this week, just because I found myself in a store that carried the brand and was like, "Wow, Hounds and Gatos!!" Haven't tried them out on Sylvie yet, but will report the results when I do.

Meanwhile, today I made a subway pilgrimage to the only store that not only carries Rawz but also has the new varieties in stock. I bought two cans each of the Duck and the Rabbit to see if Sylvie likes them. I fed her about half a can of the Duck and she devoured it and is now licking her paws and looking very contented indeed.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at petco today :yess: brought home a can of Merrick backcountry pate, real rabbit, i think their backcountry pates are new? mine will not often eat pate, or most merrick wet foods, except the backcountry in the pouches, but they gobbled this pate up, and cleaned the plate. Now i wish i had gotten more than one can :doh:

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was at petco today :yess: brought home a can of Merrick backcountry pate, real rabbit, i think their backcountry pates are new? mine will not often eat pate, or most merrick wet foods, except the backcountry in the pouches, but they gobbled this pate up, and cleaned the plate. Now i wish i had gotten more than one can :doh:
Nice! I also started the Merrick pates and my kitties like them as well... the only thing that concerns me about it is that it has egg product? Is that generally okay for cats to eat?

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dished out the Rawz Rabbit for breakfast this morning and the Duck for dinner again this evening. I'd say both are a hit with Sylvie. They have a nice pate texture, firm but not dry, and the Duck in particular has a fair amount of rich gravy. I think I'll be ordering a case of at least one of these (while fearing the famous Curse of the Case Purchase!).

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! I also started the Merrick pates and my kitties like them as well... the only thing that concerns me about it is that it has egg product? Is that generally okay for cats to eat?
I don't see a problem with the egg product. i don't specifically look for it as an ingredient, but i don't avoid a food because of it. :headscratch:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Egg is protein. The amount of egg in cat food isn't going to harm a cat. Some cats even like raw egg yolk or a whole cooked egged as a treat.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Found out fairly recently that my cats friggen love eggs. I dropped some scrambled eggs on the step to our camper and the were MORE than happy to clean up the mess!!! Now I look for wet foods with egg haha

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive enjoyed Caru, although I think it looks like gruel. She was not a fan of Tender and True, although I really liked the ingredients in that one.

Last night I decided to feed Olive some dehydrated raw Primal Pork - she enjoyed the rabbit flavor a lot, so I wanted to give this a try. It's much harder to break up than the rabbit, so it took me longer to soak it in water. She was literally following me around the kitchen while I tried to smoosh it with a fork. Which I had to do in the air since she mobbed me every time I tried to put it on the counter. She was hopping on and off, trying to anticipate my next move so she could head me off all while purring these deep throaty (hungry) purrs.

I think it's safe to say she liked it.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
KarenKat KarenKat , do you mean the freeze-dried raw nuggets? Sylvie loved the pork flavor of those too. Right now I'm feeding her only canned, because she's been constipated, but the bone content of the pork nuggets isn't bad (6 percent, according to the Primal site), so I will reintroduce them at some point.