What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a lot of emails from chewy :) got one today about Tiny Tiger, i guess a new wet they have? my guys are not fans of pate, but for any that feed pate it looks very much like fancy feast, ingredient wise. And they have 50% off the first case. might be worth a look.:p
Interesting. It does look a lot like Fancy Feast, and if I still worked at a pet store it looks like something I would probably recommend it as a low cost option to people (especially now that Sheba is more expensive). I would love to find out who owns this brand-there's absolutely no information about it online.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all i saw was that it was a chewy exclusive? So maybe its another brand of theirs? i couldn't find anything else either.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently got a whole bunch of purina muse masterpieces on clearance at petco. 48 cents a can!!!!:yess: My two piggies love love love the pheasant recipe. They devour it. I also got them to eat some sort of a shredded chicken food. I picked up a few cans of the weruva paw lickin chicken and they actually eat it.
Those are my new food discoveries. My pantry looks like a pet store I have so many different brands and flavors :help:

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they love those blends -- and I'm not sure how I'd feed them without mixing since they tend to get bored with their food pretty easily. As long as they're fed all animal-based food, they seem to do very well.

The Northwest Naturals turkey is 1.7 dry matter phosphorus; the chicken is 1.2 and I sometimes use that. The cats get more Primal than all the other foods combined (particularly Stella & Chewy's, which is just a garnish) but I don't remember how their phosphorus comes out for their turkey and pork. (I think I used to know them (maybe back when Dr. Pierson had Primal listed on her charts?) and wasn't too concerned.)

The bone and phosphorus in the freeze-dried foods is offset to some extent by homemade and Rad Cat, as well as some of the canned foods on the menu. I'm not too concerned about it for now but the cats are five, going on six, so I will be looking to taper off the phosphorus a little.
Ah, okay -- gotcha, I forgot you feed a variety of foods. :)

Thanks for the info re: phos for NWN turkey. That's a bit high so I will likely pass.

Primal pork is definitely your better option as far as calcium/phos which is 1:1, the turkey ca/p is 1.52:1.

We stopped feeding Primal as Mikey became badly obstipated on the food after eating it several years -- he can't have any raw with bone actually.

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated. :)

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
And tonight I fed her the Rawz turkey. She has been "meh" lately about the beef, but devoured the turkey, spent some time licking her chops, and is now contentedly doing her clean-up routine. Yay!
Olive has been “meh” on the beef recently as well since I bought the last case ... I wonder if there was a process change or something recently. She will eat it, but slower and once in a while leaves food in the bowl.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, okay -- gotcha, I forgot you feed a variety of foods. :)

Thanks for the info re: phos for NWN turkey. That's a bit high so I will likely pass.

Primal pork is definitely your better option as far as calcium/phos which is 1:1, the turkey ca/p is 1.52:1.

We stopped feeding Primal as Mikey became badly obstipated on the food after eating it several years -- he can't have any raw with bone actually.

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated. :)
Yes, the variety helps even things out a little!

And how about this one: Oma's Pride Purr food, which the cats used to love (and I liked that it's apparently phage treated!), is a whopping 21% bone so that one's been discontinued around here. (It had been an occasional food, pending stats on bone, so they never had a lot of it.) The cats are definitely on the, hmm, dry end of the poop scale (but no straining, etc.), so I definitely don't want to tip the balance.

The cats are eating less chicken than they used to so I should really switch out the NWN turkey for chicken. Thank you for bringing this up so I could realize that! And thank you, too, for mentioning the ca/p ratios for Primal pork and turkey. That's something I always forget to check and recheck, though it's another thing that probably evens out a little since we feed so many kinds of food.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Olive has been “meh” on the beef recently as well since I bought the last case ... I wonder if there was a process change or something recently. She will eat it, but slower and once in a while leaves food in the bowl.
It seems dried and harder in the case I bought than it did in the individual cans I bought as a trial before that. Sylvie has the same reaction as Olive. It's not so bad that I need to give it away, but it's just not at the top of her list of favorites.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems dried and harder in the case I bought than it did in the individual cans I bought as a trial before that. Sylvie has the same reaction as Olive. It's not so bad that I need to give it away, but it's just not at the top of her list of favorites.
KarenKat KarenKat , I am finding that Sylvie still likes the flavor of the beef but has a problem with the texture. I've been adding a little warm water and thoroughly mushing it up (fortunately, there's a lot of gravy in the current batch of cans), and she seems to enjoy eating it after I make that effort.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weruva got the launch ahead of the influencers, and then last month my package didn't arrive. But, tomorrow I get my package with their new Sliders concept. I'm really curious. Whatever is in that box that doesn't have fish, I can't wait to put it out of the girls.
They don't eat fish. Weirdos.
I know I know... Weruva only has about 22% product that isn't "____ and some fishy". But they loved Weruva.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a lot of emails from chewy :) got one today about Tiny Tiger, i guess a new wet they have? my guys are not fans of pate, but for any that feed pate it looks very much like fancy feast, ingredient wise. And they have 50% off the first case. might be worth a look.:p
For $6.50 it's in my cabinet right now.
I didn't buy any Nature's Variety Instinct this month because of costs.
I ordered Tiny Tiger, got Tom's big bag of Stella and Chewy Tummy Ticklin Turkey, American Journey, Meow Mix Simple Servings, have Merrick Thanksgiving Dinner to review for Chewy this month, and then I ordered a bunch of Sheba from Target, with a few Crave left from the $5 off coupons at Petsmart.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I am finding that Sylvie still likes the flavor of the beef but has a problem with the texture. I've been adding a little warm water and thoroughly mushing it up (fortunately, there's a lot of gravy in the current batch of cans), and she seems to enjoy eating it after I make that effort
I do that with any Pate for Olive ... she’s not picky but it looks easier to eat. Gohan likes soup, if we get him to eat any wet food. His problem is getting him to eat it in the right location for him and fast enough so Olive doesn’t gobble it lol.

The beef definitely is better with water, I try to add a little more to it since it’s so thick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried Miko? I just saw it on chewy this week. i got the chicken and turkey, to look at it reminds me a lot of Tiki cat. I gave the first can last night, no one gobbled it down, but my cats are normally slow to warm up to a new food, after a few cans they usually start eating it. so too early to tell yet with my guys.
Miko - Free shipping at Chewy.com

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried Miko? I just saw it on chewy this week. i got the chicken and turkey, to look at it reminds me a lot of Tiki cat. I gave the first can last night, no one gobbled it down, but my cats are normally slow to warm up to a new food, after a few cans they usually start eating it. so too early to tell yet with my guys.
I too saw the deal and ordered the "chicken and vegetables".. Still in the mail, excited to try it out!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd never heard of Miko. Who makes it? Based on the Chewy page, I wonder if it's another Chewy food.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd never heard of Miko. Who makes it? Based on the Chewy page, I wonder if it's another Chewy food.
Pretty sure yeah, new Chewy exclusive. Seems kinda soon since they just released Tiny Tiger not all that long ago. Definitely a higher price point than TT. Twice as expensive, in fact .

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was going to try Miko on next month's order. The Tiny Tiger did okay.
There was something really funny that they were bugging me about this week, but I can't remember what it was. The girls were interested in the pulled pork or something, while the only human food they try to steal is chicken. Unless it was the turkey meatloaf? Point is they are behaving a little squirrelly.

Koha ran a Facebook promo to give away a few cases, and while I did not win, they gave me $10 off my first order, so I got two cans chicken stew, two cans turkey stew, and one can duck stew for less than $7 (free shipping at $65.)
Girls are gonna try Koha shortly :)

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
... Point is they are behaving a little squirrelly...
Must be going around, the other day I was snacking on a pumpkin spice muffin and my boy Alasdair (who barely ever goes for people food unless I'm cutting chicken or opening deli meat) jumped into my lap and started going nuts and started to lick a corner of it and immediately went for a bite of it. ***? :flail:
So I gave him a crumb and he devoured it. :dunno:He'd literally never tried to steal food right outta my hand like that. My boyfriend and I were laughing like crazy and we're still bringing it up for a giggle.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
What amazing me is they can forget who their friend was after 1 hour at the vet, but I open a pouch of Applaus after 4 months and there is a cat mob meowing at the gates.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Must be going around, the other day I was snacking on a pumpkin spice muffin and my boy Alasdair (who barely ever goes for people food unless I'm cutting chicken or opening deli meat) jumped into my lap and started going nuts and started to lick a corner of it and immediately went for a bite of it. ***? :flail:
So I gave him a crumb and he devoured it. :dunno:He'd literally never tried to steal food right outta my hand like that. My boyfriend and I were laughing like crazy and we're still bringing it up for a giggle.
The boys are like that all the time. They love carbs. Cats don't have a sweet tooth, so it doesn't matter how decadent it is, just the fact that it's bready.
Tom loves stealing donuts. They're flaky so he just grabs it in my hand and easily rips off a piece and snarfs it on the floor.

My girls don't play foodie games with us.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
The boys are like that all the time. They love carbs. Cats don't have a sweet tooth, so it doesn't matter how decadent it is, just the fact that it's bready.
Tom loves stealing donuts. They're flaky so he just grabs it in my hand and easily rips off a piece and snarfs it on the floor.

My girls don't play foodie games with us.
I eat way too many carbs and he's been with me a little over 3 years and never been interested in any other carbs I'm mindlessly shoveling into my mouth... (Well except tiny bags of chips, all cats seem to think when we open a small bags of chips that we're actually opening a pouch of cat treats and depriving them hahaha) :crazy:

I sorta suspect it was the fact it was pumpkin? I recently have started giving them wet foods with pumpkin here and there, and they all love it. I also might be over thinking it, and he was just being squirrely. :blush: