What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Rawz was beyond generous. (and apparently their offices are located right here in our home state of Maine, so I'm REALLY hoping this will be a brand the kitties love because I already love it!)
I'm curious: what did Rawz send you, m3rma1d m3rma1d ? Was it existing products or were there any of the new ones? (Someone had mentioned they're now going to make shreds?) I live in Maine, too, in the Portland area, but even here I find not many stores sell a full range of Rawz foods. (I got the duck food at the Westbrook Animal House. They had rabbit, too, plus the initial Rawz canned flavors.)

I need to try writing to companies, too, since it's not always easy to find foods, even here, with a ton of stores! (And nobody carries everything the cats like...)

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm curious: what did Rawz send you, m3rma1d m3rma1d ? Was it existing products or were there any of the new ones? (Someone had mentioned they're now going to make shreds?)
Dude look at this spread. :woohoo:
20181102_104039.jpg
We're brandly-new to them so I don't actually know what in here is a new intro or not. The smaller cans do say "shredded"..

I live in Maine, too, in the Portland area,
omg we should hang out and talk about cats.
Are you familiar with HART? I'm a volunteer there.

..but even here I find not many stores sell a full range of Rawz foods. (I got the duck food at the Westbrook Animal House. They had rabbit, too, plus the initial Rawz canned flavors.)
A Rawz rep is actually gonna be at a pet store down in Portsmouth today, I'm almost tempted to drive down and thank them in person for the bounty they sent my kitties. But I probably won't because I don't wanna come off as weird.

I need to try writing to companies, too, since it's not always easy to find foods, even here, with a ton of stores! (And nobody carries everything the cats like...)
Yeah man, do it! Like I said, it feels a tiny bit weird until you get it in your mind that the worst thing that'll happen is a "No". We can live with that. :)

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We're brandly-new to them so I don't actually know what in here is a new intro or not. The smaller cans do say "shredded"..
Wow, what a generous sampling! Those little cans are the new shredded varieties (nice to see some smaller cans available), and I've never seen those Aujou pouches before! I've read about the Sa-Shimi and TAPA toppers but haven't tried them.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a nice sampling, m3rma1d m3rma1d ! I can't find anything on their site about the Aujou pouches or the shreds. I did get some store samples of the other pouches (The Dog Wash, Forest Ave., Portland had them ages ago!) but the cats didn't like those. Moral of the story is, though, that I should write to them to ask about the new foods!

And yes/no to your question about HART, m3rma1d, meaning I've heard of it (a friend adopted cats from them) but don't know the organization personally. We've adopted all our cats from the ARL. :) And as much as I would love to meet up and talk about cats, my work is absolutely crazy these days! I'm hoping things will calm down one of these months -- we'll see how it goes.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lisahe lisahe , there's no information on them beyond their names, but if you scroll to the bottom section of this page you can at least see all the varieties of the Rawz shreds: RAWZ | 100% Rendered Free Cat Food
Thank you so much, LadyLondonderry LadyLondonderry ! I'd only looked from the top menu, which made no mention of them. Now I definitely need to write: I kind of wonder if the chicken/liver food might be a little like Tiki's Gourmet Carnivore, R.I.P., Gourmet Carnivore. (The cats loved some of those so much!)

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We tried the Evangers Braised Chicken Dinner and got horrible results. First time we tried it my girl puked violently. Tried it again a couple of days later and she puked violently again. It was so sad because she's tiny and was puking so much. An hour later my boy puked everything. I wrote to chewy telling them what happened and they gave me a refund. I will be throwing out the rest of the cans. I don't trust that flavor and don't want shelter kitties to throw up.

A couple of new things to try a little later (to give them a break after the violent pukes).

Dave's Cat's Meow 95% Turkey
Ziwi Peak Chicken Pate - Just ordered this one and man it is freaking expensive. Maybe more than raw?? Yikes. I'm disappointed it has 13% carbs but it seemed good otherwise.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm rousing this thread from its nap to note that Northwest Naturals is teasing us with a photo that includes bags of its forthcoming varieties ... with their names covered up by a banner that reads, "New Recipes Coming Soon." :D Can't wait for the big reveal!
Yes, I'm waiting for this, too! The red bag looks like it has a rabbit on it and the orangy one could be duck. I really wonder about purple...

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm waiting for this, too! The red bag looks like it has a rabbit on it and the orangy one could be duck. I really wonder about purple...
Ooh, good eye! Maybe the purple is pork? Or venison?

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw on Dr. Elseys several flavors I didn't know they had! Rabbit & Turkey, Pork, Duck. On my try list!

Variety Pack Recipe Paté - Dr. Elsey's
These seem to be new -- Chewy doesn't stock them yet, and they appear to be available only directly from the Dr. Elsey's site. I wish they didn't contain the synthetic form of vitamin K, but they look pretty good otherwise. I'm especially glad to see the single-protein pork and duck options.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
These seem to be new -- Chewy doesn't stock them yet, and they appear to be available only directly from the Dr. Elsey's site. I wish they didn't contain the synthetic form of vitamin K, but they look pretty good otherwise. I'm especially glad to see the single-protein pork and duck options.
So is everything listed clean protein?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So is everything listed clean protein?
They all have the Clean Protein label but the Duck, Pork, Rabbit & Turkey, and Duck & Turkey do have "menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity)" in the ingredients