What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
When the label changes, it usually indicates a recipe change.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL They do like beef and they do like Merrick.
Obviously I missed the memo! They INHALED their "real" dinner. When they do that, I often will open up a can of something that I know they usually don't care for but we still have a can or two in the cabinet from trials to see if they want to give it a go. There isn't a drop left...and that was after a meal.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Due to some construction going on here (new bathroom) they've been contained to my bedroom a bit this week. Their eating habits are a bit loco due to it. We've been eating about half of "breakfast" and about double of "dinner" with some dry Tiki to nosh on during the day. So, plenty of calories and just enough unpredictability to keep me on my toes. :stars:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine used to love merrick beef and hated merrick turkey. Now they don’t like merrick beef but love the turkey.
LOL How could the recipes change that much for the beef and turkey flavors?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Today I fed Daisy half of a 3 ounce can hoping it would produce the same result. I could tell she was eager to start eating it. Then she ate a little bit immediatley but not much.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How long do you all consider a fair trial period for a new food or flavor? Of course, if Sylvie barfs something up, I toss the rest of the open can and move on. But if she eats something and digests it well but doesn't seem enthused about it, I'm not sure how long I should keep feeding it and hoping she gets to like it.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For most of my trials, I buy two cans. If the first one gets a "meh" reaction, I wait a few days and try it at a different time of day. If it also gets met with a lukewarm reaction that time, I no longer buy that flavor in that brand. So, twice would be my time period.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For most of my trials, I buy two cans. If the first one gets a "meh" reaction, I wait a few days and try it at a different time of day. If it also gets met with a lukewarm reaction that time, I no longer buy that flavor in that brand. So, twice would be my time period.
Same here, though if it's a food I think is particularly good, I might try it again a few months later since cats can be fickle!

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For my guys what I do is buy a can or two to try. If those go well I buy enough for about 5 meals. If those go well I then buy a case. What had happened in the past is the first couple of times they would devour the food then I went and bought a case and they didn’t like it anymore. So I got smarter :redtongue:

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone. I think we've given Instinct Lamb a fair trial and are ready to chalk it up as a "meh." Too bad, because the ingredients are good--they haven't added pea protein to this one (yet).

The IALAY Whascally Wabbit arrived yesterday with my Vitacost order and we're trying it out for breakfast this morning. So far it's a hit: After I dished out a small portion, Sylvie licked the bowl clean and asked for more.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone. I think we've given Instinct Lamb a fair trial and are ready to chalk it up as a "meh." Too bad, because the ingredients are good--they haven't added pea protein to this one (yet).

The IALAY Whascally Wabbit arrived yesterday with my Vitacost order and we're trying it out for breakfast this morning. So far it's a hit: After I dished out a small portion, Sylvie licked the bowl clean and asked for more.
That’s exciting about the I and love and you rabbit!! My two also love it!! ( as you know :hellocomputer:)I also got some of their turkey recently at a wegmens store and they love that one too!! It happens to be on a really good deal at chewy right now so I just ordered some and a case of rabbit. I’m so glad she liked the rabbit I think it’s a great food!:yess:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise