What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
So do you think you’ll continue to feed it?
After Duck, Karen, and others complained about cats snubbing food only after it is ordered online, I don't want to buy a full case of 24 based on only 3 ounces.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After Duck, Karen, and others complained about cats snubbing food only after it is ordered online, I don't want to buy a full case of 24 based on only 3 ounces.
I don’t blame you. What I do now is feed a new food a few times before I order a whole case. Sometimes they’ll like something new a few times then they don’t anymore so I try it several times before I get a whole case.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no! That stinks but at least you can order some single cans from their website to try. That way you don’t have to commit to a whole case. I really like the food and so do my cats. Their customer service is great and they are not a big pet food giant company. Their customer service is also great. I highly recommend it. No tummy upset, no carrageenan,and it’s chicken free. My piggies can’t get enough of the rabbitt right now. I really want to try the turkey next. It’s just turkey. I’ll have to get a few cans off their website.
The rabbitt is now on auto ship on chewy. :yess:
I found out that Vitacost.com sells it! I had a running list of things I wanted to order from them anyway, and they are having a sale with 15 percent off everything, and the IALAY foods were on sale to begin with, so I added 6 cans of the Whascally Wabbit to my order. That was the minimum amount, but even if Sylvie doesn't like it, I'll only be stuck with 6 cans, not 24, and I'll be out less than $7.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ll have to try the I and Love and You Rabbit. Our IBD cat will be trying some rabbit wet food soon (and by soon that means once the boyfriend is ready. Hasn’t slower than a cat sometimes!). I like finding different options since we are on Rabbit for elimination diet for the next 8 weeks.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Can anyone explain to me why a cat who refused to eat anything with fish flavors except Blue Wilderness treats LOVES Blue Freedom Indoor Fish Recipe For Cats?
Who knows with cats, lol! I have found that Olive will love a protein in one brand and hate it in another (she can’t get enough of the Rawz Beef, but snubbed he Dr Elsey’s Beef hardcore). Or she will hate an entire line (Hound and Gatos) but loves their Gamebird.

And then Gohan seems to hate or ignore everything, except for every Lotus Pate flavor. So while some people know their cats hate a specific protein, like chicken or fish, it could depend more on the formula?

tl;dr Cat’s are weird :dancingblackcat:

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found out that Vitacost.com sells it! I had a running list of things I wanted to order from them anyway, and they are having a sale with 15 percent off everything, and the IALAY foods were on sale to begin with, so I added 6 cans of the Whascally Wabbit to my order. That was the minimum amount, but even if Sylvie doesn't like it, I'll only be stuck with 6 cans, not 24, and I'll be out less than $7.
Great! That’s a really good price! I’m hoping it’s a hit!

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rockstar rabbitt is hard to find. The only store I saw it at was a petvalu store. It’s where I initially found it. Now I buy it on chewy. Check out the whole pride line on chewy. It’s a great food. They have many different flavors.
Believe me, I can't wait for the day where I can confidently select foods from Chewy that the girls will eat consistently. I also know that will be the "kiss of death" if I buy I case because I'm sure they won't eat it any longer!:runaround: We've come a long way from Mizu avoiding wet entirely. She eats two wet meals a day at least 95% of the time now. Either I've got a better handle on what she likes and doesn't like or she's broadened her palate. But soon....hopefully!:bliss:

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Wny does your boyfriend have to be ready for a cat to eat rabbits?
Trin has IBD so we switched to a rabbit kibble. He was worried that Trin would reject such a different kibble, and went very very slow with the transition (probably 4 weeks?). We are now on Rabbit kibble.

I wanted to see if he would take to Rabbit wet food, but he wants to wait a little for his system to get used to the new kibble before changing to such a different food format. Trin has always been very sensitive to food changes, and we want to make sure any change we see in the litterbox is not an upset tummy because of a change to his food. He’s only been on the B-12 for about 2 months so we want to limit changes.

While I agree with him, I am impatient to switch him to something like wet food which is both healthier and I’ve read better for IBD cats.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I was in PetFoodExpress the other day and found a brand called Kiwi Kitchens, another food from NZ. About half the price of the Ziwi Peak line, and the ingredients looked really good. I bought their four flavors, and I’m excited to see how it goes.

I also just tried Go! Petcurrean Fit+ Chicken, Turkey and Duck and it was a big hit, another licked clean plate!

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ll have to try the I and Love and You Rabbit. Our IBD cat will be trying some rabbit wet food soon (and by soon that means once the boyfriend is ready. Hasn’t slower than a cat sometimes!). I like finding different options since we are on Rabbit for elimination diet for the next 8 weeks.
It’s rabbitt and beef. My cats think it’s yummy. I’m happy bc it’s healthy and I can add yet another food to my rotation :thumbsup:

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
It’s rabbitt and beef. My cats think it’s yummy. I’m happy bc it’s healthy and I can add yet another food to my rotation
Ah, ok. I’ll wait until I find out if Beef is ok for him. But I’ll take note of it, thanks!

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Believe me, I can't wait for the day where I can confidently select foods from Chewy that the girls will eat consistently. I also know that will be the "kiss of death" if I buy I case because I'm sure they won't eat it any longer!:runaround: We've come a long way from Mizu avoiding wet entirely. She eats two wet meals a day at least 95% of the time now. Either I've got a better handle on what she likes and doesn't like or she's broadened her palate. But soon....hopefully!:bliss:
That’s great :yess: .. hopefully someday soon!!!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah, OK. I’ll wait until I find out if beef is OK for him. But I’ll take note of it, thanks!
How will you know if beef is OK for him without trying it? that was how I learned I should not buy beef for Daisy.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
How will you know if beef is OK for him without trying it?
I won’t, I will have to feed it to know. But to my knowledge an elimination diet means we are on one novel protein for at least 8 weeks (which is an estimate of how long it may take for the effect of an intolerant food to be out of the system). So I’m still almost two months away from adding in any new protein, and I’ll probably look into proteins that IBD cats tend to do well on (not sure if beef tends to be good or bad for IBD).

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I never had a cat with IBD but after seeing what beef did to Daisy I would think it can cause digestive issues,

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope she likes it! Feline Natural is great food and our lynx mix highly recommends their lamb and chicken. ;)
The Lamb and Salmon came today and I served it to Sylvie for dinner. At first she ate just a couple of mouthfuls and walked away, and I feared that it might be a fail. But she kept going back and eating more, in between rounds of fishing-pole play, and just now I looked at her dish and saw that she had eaten nearly all of it. :) I'll be so happy if she likes something this high-quality and I can add it to her rotation!

She normally eats only pate, so I prepared it as a Chewy reviewer suggested, adding the warm water and then letting it sit for 20 minutes before mushing it all up.

I'm thinking Sylvie's recent bout of digestive upset might have been a blessing in disguise, because it got me to revisit her diet and discover some healthy options that weren't available a few years ago.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I never had a cat with IBD but after seeing what beef did to Daisy I would think it can cause digestive issues,
It could be just that brand of beef. You’ve only tried the wellness beef correct? From my experience wellness is a very rich food. My cats didn’t do well on it. What if you tried a different brand of beef? It could have been the food change in itself, not necessarily the beef. Just a thought :dunno:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I doubt the food change itself caused it because it was the only one that caused a reactoin. Now that she seems to have a few favorite food, I have no reason to try a different brand of beef.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I doubt the food change itself caused it because it was the only one that caused a reactoin. Now that she seems to have a few favorite food, I have no reason to try a different brand of beef.
Variety? So she doesn’t get bored? And so you don’t feed her fish every day? My cats NEVER Get soft stools or diarrhea EVER. They did on wellness. It’s a very rich food.