What Is The Next New Cat Food You Want To Try?

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
@mikameek Yes, they are on chewy. I'm hoping by October the price will go down some, otherwise I'll just get the regular pate variety pack which still has a few flavors they haven't tried before.

And yea, lol I totally know what you mean. When they like something I'm always proud and think, "yes, ha! I know what you like...I've got you figured out. I know my cats. I knew you'd like this." :lol:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Daisy disappointed me today. She ignored the Wellness Core Classics Chicken and Liver. I thought she might like it because of her reaction to the Signature Selects, which is also chicken and chicken liver. Why do cats do this?

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We finally received the Animonda and Catz food and Marx loves it! I'm so happy!

So far we tried the "beef, chicken and rabbit" kitten food from Animonda and he ate the whole portion in one sitting (usually he eats a bit, then goes away, then comes back for more...). I also gave him "chicken and pheasant" and "game" from Catz - he loved all.

And let me tell you, that stuff smells amazing! My husband is complaining now that Marx is getting better food than he is :D

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a Chewy order on its way that contains a bag of Feline Natural freeze-dried Lamb and Salmon. It's our first venture into the raw, freeze-dried realm, and I'm excited to find out if Sylvie likes it. Fingers and paws crossed!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Chewy order on its way that contains a bag of Feline Natural freeze-dried Lamb and Salmon. It's our first venture into the raw, freeze-dried realm, and I'm excited to find out if Sylvie likes it. Fingers and paws crossed!
I hope she likes it! Feline Natural is great food and our lynx mix highly recommends their lamb and chicken. ;)

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh man, just tried the Lotus Chicken and Vegetable Pate and Gohan seemed to love it! He gags or ignores most wet food and lately has been snubbing Life’s Abundance. And Olive pigged out on it too, so we might have a new food! :woo:
We tried the Lotus Salmon and Vegetable Pate and Sylvie pounced on it and positively inhaled it...and then brought it back up shortly after. A scarf-and-barf situation, I’d say.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Fortunately Gohan is a delicate soul and would never think of eating faster than a snails pace. :lol: But so far he’s tried the Duck, Chicken and Turkey and he’s actually eaten it!

Olive, on the other hand, eats quite quickly. She rarely barfs but she ate a can once, then jumped up and down off the counters 4 or 5 times to see if I forgot to feed her a second helping somewhere and the entire can came up. It was whitefish too ... :barfgreen:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The girls may have found a chicken that they like (of course...it has tuna in it) but at least chicken is the first ingredient! Solid Gold Flavorful Feast Indoor Cat Classic Pate in Gravy (which really had no gravy) was a win tonight.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In my house I and love and you rabbitt pate is the new favorite. They lick every nibble of their plate and wait by their bowls just in case there is more coming :p
I made a trip to Whole Foods this past weekend to look for this one. Alas, the WFs near me don’t carry the line. Back to Plan A: order it online.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no! That stinks but at least you can order some single cans from their website to try. That way you don’t have to commit to a whole case. I really like the food and so do my cats. Their customer service is great and they are not a big pet food giant company. Their customer service is also great. I highly recommend it. No tummy upset, no carrageenan,and it’s chicken free. My piggies can’t get enough of the rabbitt right now. I really want to try the turkey next. It’s just turkey. I’ll have to get a few cans off their website.
The rabbitt is now on auto ship on chewy. :yess:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In my house I and love and you rabbitt pate is the new favorite. They lick every nibble of their plate and wait by their bowls just in case there is more coming :p
My girls love rabbit; this one is on my next shopping list. They really enjoy Canidae's "Adore Falling For You Grain Free with Rabbit" so I'm thinking it might be a hit.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girls love rabbit; this one is on my next shopping list. They really enjoy Canidae's "Adore Falling For You Grain Free with Rabbit" so I'm thinking it might be a hit.
Nice! Mine love rabbitt. I’ll have to check out the Candidae’s rabbitt. Hmmm I’ve never seen that one.
Let me know how your girls like the I and love and you rabbitt.
Mine also really enjoy the natures variety pride rockstar rabbitt and the merrick backcountry rabbitt in the black pouches. All of those are chicken free too so that’s a nice bonus :yess:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girls generally dislike chicken on its' own hence my happiness when we find something with chicken in it that they eat. I have one store nearby that carries I and love and you...but they tend to be out of a lot of things we also need so it isn't my go to store. I'll look for rockstar rabbit too, I like the name, lol. No one has been a fan of anything Merrick yet.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rockstar rabbitt is hard to find. The only store I saw it at was a petvalu store. It’s where I initially found it. Now I buy it on chewy. Check out the whole pride line on chewy. It’s a great food. They have many different flavors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mika would disagree whole heartedly with that. It’s much smoother than pate so she’s able to just lap it up rather than chew chunks. She loves the TikiCat Velvet and I would keep feeding it if it didn’t have Vitamin K3 in it.
if she likes to lap up the food you might want to try the caru stew, or the new weruva slide. my guys like the caru turkey and salmon, not so much the chicken, and the slides n serve by weruva they are not sure yet. I dont think my guys like to lap up foods much, they seem to get tired of licking???? they prefer shreds or minced i think

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Can anyone explain to me why a cat who refused to eat anything with fish flavors except Blue Wilderness treats LOVES Blue Freedom Indoor Fish Recipe For Cats? I never would have considered looking at it because the4 first ingredient is fish, but today she ate it instantly and came back to finish the serving. When I got the rest of it out of the fridge, she instantly ate some of it. Why wouldn't she do this with chicken?

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can anyone explain to me why a cat who refused to eat anything with fish flavors except Blue Wilderness treats LOVES Blue Freedom Indoor Fish Recipe For Cats? I never would have considered looking at it because the4 first ingredient is fish, but today she ate it instantly and came back to finish the serving. When I got the rest of it out of the fridge, she instantly ate some of it. Why wouldn't she do this with chicken?
Bc a lot of cats love stinky fish. I’m glad you found a food she likes even if it has fish as the first ingredient :woo:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Mom gets the credit for this one. As you know, if "fish" is the first ingredient, I am not interested in buying it. Is it a mudpot of unrecognizable species or one animal cooked to perfectoin?/8 (Daisy typing alert.)

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mom gets the credit for this one. As you know, if "fish" is the first ingredient, I am not interested in buying it. Is it a mudpot of unrecognizable species or one animal cooked to perfectoin?/8 (Daisy typing alert.)
So do you think you’ll continue to feed it?