What food are you craving? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I was watching Martha Stewart and she made the most delicious looking chocolate cake. The only problem is around there is no place to get a good one that I know of. All we have are grocery store bakeries and they are not very good. I'm not able to make one. 
I watched her the other night and she was making celebration cakes. She made a heart-shaped cake, I guess for Valentine's Day, and it was so pretty. She also made some kind of sprinkle cake; I didn't see that one. I like watching her baking shows.

I still could eat that blueberry muffin. I think the muffin more so than the donut.

Last edited:

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since it's still winter, I'm craving for anything typical of Castilla y León (northern Spain): Garlic soup with chunks of bacon and a poached egg, roasted suckling pig or lamb, the ever present chorizos and morcillas, and any dessert based on egg yolks. Bear in mind that record lows for that region are around -15 to - 20 F.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I was watching Martha Stewart and she made the most delicious looking chocolate cake. The only problem is around there is no place to get a good one that I know of. All we have are grocery store bakeries and they are not very good. I'm not able to make one. 
My sister said something about her husband baking her a chocolate cake for Valentine's Day and I'd been thinking about cake ever since. Then a friend posted a recipe on Facebook. I happened to have all the ingredients on hand and made it. YUM. :yummy:

http://namelymarly.com/vegan-chocolate-wacky-cake/

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I watched her the other night and she was making celebration cakes. She made a heart-shaped cake, I guess for Valentine's Day, and it was so pretty. She also made some kind of sprinkle cake; I didn't see that one. I like watching her baking shows.

I still could eat that blueberry muffin. I think the muffin more so than the donut.
Yeah, I like Martha Stewart. Everything she makes look delicious. 

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister said something about her husband baking her a chocolate cake for Valentine's Day and I'd been thinking about cake ever since. Then a friend posted a recipe on Facebook. I happened to have all the ingredients on hand and made it. YUM.

http://namelymarly.com/vegan-chocolate-wacky-cake/
Your brother-n-law sure is sweet to make you sister a Valentine;s Day cake. 

Thanks for posting a recipe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There's an eclair in the freezer that is calling my name, but back to the diet, so it will have to keep calling. :nod:

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And there's a chocolate cake in the coffee shop next door that looks so good. No, I can't. I've gained weight lately :(

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Pizza. :nod:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Back to shrimp tacos. I may try making some this week. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Back to pizza. I just got a coupon for a free pizza in my email, so I may take care of that today. :D

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
...and back to shrimp tacos. I was salivating thinking about them yesterday and almost ordered some. I think I will have to make some next week.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A breakfast sandwich. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.