What food are you craving? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
pizza or a steak!! smothered cartelized onions, baked potato with sour cream!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A cheeseburger sounds good. :nod:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Cilantro Lime Rice. Like they serve at Chipotle.  I found some copy-cat recipes online so I'm going to try one this week.
I have never tried Chipotle. :dk: There is one not that far away.

Buffalo chicken tenders sound good. :nod:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken Marsala! I've never made it myself but I ordered it from a local place last week (the owners and staff are from Italy) and it was SO good I had the leftovers for a late breakfast the next day. :drool:
I have never tried Chipotle. :dk: There is one not that far away.

Buffalo chicken tenders sound good. :nod:
It is tasty but I won't go often. It's easy to over stuff a burrito and therefore overeat. :anon:

Buffalo chicken tenders always sound good to me. Sometimes I will mix ranch and buffalo sauce to dip chicken tenders and cure that craving.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken Marsala! I've never made it myself but I ordered it from a local place last week (the owners and staff are from Italy) and it was SO good I had the leftovers for a late breakfast the next day.

The very first time I had chicken Marsala, it was at a tiny little local restaurant in some town we drove through.  I have never had another chicken Marsala that was as good as that place made it.  I'm about ready to give up eating it as I'm disappointed every time I have it.

Hmmm, cravings.....Maybe the Monster trail mix (peanuts, raisins, M&Ms, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips) that I'm munching on right now, I'm not hungry so I have no other reason for eating it right now.  In general I've been craving sweet stuff the past few months.  I'm wondering if it's because my activity level has increased to the point that I'm losing between 3 to 4 pounds a month despite no attempt at dieting.  I'm wondering if my body is screaming for quick energy.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A peach/banana/mango smoothie.  Or banana pudding.  But not at the same time. 

I'm wondering if it's because my activity level has increased to the point that I'm losing between 3 to 4 pounds a month despite no attempt at dieting.  I'm wondering if my body is screaming for quick energy.
I have a few pounds you can borrow. 
  I have found; outside of sugar, my body craves what it needs.  When i was craving beef (I had removed most of it from my diet in attempt to lose some weight) I ended up finding out I was borderline anemic.  I put beef back in my diet and my iron went up.  My DH has been looking for healthier ways to fight the sugar/carb cravings.  His last idea was brown rice with peanut butter and honey. 
  He hasn't tried it yet. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I want ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!   even though it is 27 degrees outside.. I can always turn the heat up!!! 

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise

A peach/banana/mango smoothie.  Or banana pudding.  But not at the same time. 

I have a few pounds you can borrow. 
  I have found; outside of sugar, my body craves what it needs.  When i was craving beef (I had removed most of it from my diet in attempt to lose some weight) I ended up finding out I was borderline anemic.  I put beef back in my diet and my iron went up.  My DH has been looking for healthier ways to fight the sugar/carb cravings.  His last idea was brown rice with peanut butter and honey. 
  He hasn't tried it yet. 
What about fruit?  When I Googled it, some fruit is actually low enough in carbs to be a good cheat.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/fruits

My problem with fruit is once I start, I don't stop.  I have eaten myself sick on berries.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
pizza. Pizza. PIZZA!!!!

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
Ice cream cake. We were going to have it for my SIL's belated birthday, but I could use a bite now!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still craving that smoothie. But I'm also craving some good pita bread with tzatziki sauce and hummus. 

What about fruit?  When I Googled it, some fruit is actually low enough in carbs to be a good cheat.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/fruits

My problem with fruit is once I start, I don't stop.  I have eaten myself sick on berries.
I can go overboard on the fruits too.  My Aunt used to make an excellent fruit salad. I liked that better than cake!! I like to get a variety of frozen fruits like mangoes, berries, cherries and mandarin oranges and lightly defrost them.  Sometimes I add a small handful of dark chocolate chips to really make it like a treat.  I haven't done that in a while though.  The mandarin oranges are especially treat like if I defrost them right.  I skipped out on grocery shopping last week so we are out of a lot of that stuff at the moment.  

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise

I'm still craving that smoothie. But I'm also craving some good pita bread with tzatziki sauce and hummus. 

I can go overboard on the fruits too.  My Aunt used to make an excellent fruit salad. I liked that better than cake!! I like to get a variety of frozen fruits like mangoes, berries, cherries and mandarin oranges and lightly defrost them.  Sometimes I add a small handful of dark chocolate chips to really make it like a treat.  I haven't done that in a while though.  The mandarin oranges are especially treat like if I defrost them right.  I skipped out on grocery shopping last week so we are out of a lot of that stuff at the moment.  
At the last place I lived, my daughter brought home the ultimate diet wrecker - the local grocery store had a cheesecake that was piled high with fresh fruit.  Blueberries, blackberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, peaches, I think some other things too.  They weren't even sugared or anything, straight from the peel and sliced.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I want everything right now! Everything! :lol3: If I had to pick with thing, a ham, cheese and broccoli omelette with home fries and rye toast.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could really go for a Spicy Buffalo Chicken wrap from Pats Pizza.  I've tried to make my own at home but they get the chicken just crispy enough and the hot sauce/ranch combo I haven't been able to duplicate exactly either.  If i had more room in the freezer right now I'd go out and get some frozen chicken strips. 
  I could go for the Greek Salad I always get there too. 

Status
Not open for further replies.