What did you dream about last night?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes I wake up with just a word in my head. So the other morning I was googling "Sorrel" before I had my eyes fully open because what does that have to do with anything!? :dunno:

Earlier this summer it was Bilhah. :headscratch: Bilhah was the handmade of Rachel given to her when she married Jacob and became one of his wives when Rachel couldn't have children. I mean I knew the name came from the Bible; but why it was in my mind as I slept I had no clue because I had to search for where in the Bible that came from too!

I do get phrases or bits of songs sometimes. Once it was kind of creepy. But I've also woken up yelling in a language I do not even know. I tried to google the phrase and it was lost too. So all things considered; sorrel isn't a bad word to be stuck mulling over. :lol:
Isn't it weird when random words pop up in your head? I've had that happen, as well as songs I haven't heard in 20 years. I just embrace it, write it down, and go on with my day.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I wake up with just a word in my head. So the other morning I was googling "Sorrel" before I had my eyes fully open because what does that have to do with anything!? :dunno:
Many many years ago when I was kid the word was "amnesty." In the dream I was trying to get to an amnesty station. I had no idea at the time what amnesty meant at the time and had to look it up.

Which leads me to wonder, why do most dreams vanish the minute you wake up and some you still remember from decades ago. I have a few of them I still remember.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which leads me to wonder, why do most dreams vanish the minute you wake up and some you still remember from decades ago. I have a few of them I still remember.
I think maybe it's because most of your dreams are a mish-mash of your mind. These dreams don't mean anything as it's just your mind drawing on images and thoughts you had or saw during your conscious time.
Other dreams hit on an emotional level. These are the ones you remember. They hit a nerve - so to speak. Your mind stores these for your conscious mind to remember.

Just my thought on why it happens.
Although, why you dream about people and places you don't know astounds me. Maybe you did see these and your mind remembers even though you don't.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually just figure if a dream means something important i will remember it. If it’s really descriptive i write it down.

I dreamed I was married to a rich, handsome, yet troubled young man. (This was a totally fictional person; I didn't know him in real life.) He and his friends did crazy things, like sold over the counter medication to "help" people but really to make money. Ten cents each item, so they weren't too bright at the money making. I remember not liking my new last name, whatever it was. Then we all went to a fancy Thai restaurant that only had two dishes available on the menu, both of which I found disgusting. One was salmon. I woke up without ever haven eaten dinner. :sniffle:
Man I dream about food often and NEVER get to taste it. I can see it, smell it, etc but I always wake up right before I get to eat it. Its soooo frustrating. :bawling: Especially when its baked goods!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I frequently dream that I am standing in front of a table with all imaginable chocolates, and I do get to eat it. :drool:

I think the strangest dream I've had was that a little red plane from way back when was doing tricks over the house. When I woke up and went to the kitchen for breakfast, there was a little red plane from the past doing tricks over the field next door. Exactly like the one in my dream. :eek2:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Many many years ago when I was kid the word was "amnesty." In the dream I was trying to get to an amnesty station. I had no idea at the time what amnesty meant at the time and had to look it up.

I woke up once a few years ago with this frantic thought...."I HAVE TO GET TO SCHENECTADY" and I have no idea why. Weirdness.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a really funny one, my Mom and I rented this VERY rustic log cabin thing that actually set where an old barn we tore down used to be. There was literally no frills in this place, except for this HUGE water slide in the middle of the cabin. I'm talking the types that have 8 or 10 slides side by side that are 100 feet in the air that you see at the huge water parks. I was all excited to ride it, so I climbed this very, very steep, long flight of ladder-style steps and got to the top and the slide was....wooden stairs. I decided to slide down the stairs on my rear end like I used to as a kid, and I got about halfway down and had splinters and bruises and was all mad about it because the stairs were very un-even and not well maintained. I got to the bottom of the stairs, looked up, and realized the slide was back but lower. I climbed the ladder steps again, got more splinters and bruises, and kept doing this until the slide was about 5 foot tall. By then I was like "OH NO, you won't get me again" and I woke up. No splinters or bruises though. :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Singing mice. I have drempt of singing mice severaI times over the Iast coupIe of weeks. They have the sweetest voices! The fact that it is recurring teIIs me it means SOMETHING, but I've no cIue what...yet.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH GOD I KILLED THE THREAD!
LOL, nah, dreams come and go in spurts for me and I haven't been dreaming that I can remember up until a few nights ago. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but I remember being able to control it and wanting things in it, and being able to add them into the dream. Is that lucid dreaming, or am I just losing it for good? :lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH GOD I KILLED THE THREAD!
No. I just haven't remembered any dreams lately. Probably because every...single...time I fall asleep, Kumal thinks I should be awake. :angryfire:
I even put him in the crate and shut my bedroom door the other morning. I got about hour and half of sleep before Onsa started. Grrrrr cats

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HUH. Last night I dreamed that some fonky old man came in with "new" kitchen counters for me. They were the most beat-up, scarred, stained things I had ever seen. I told him to take the counters and go. He argued with me, but eventually left. NOW I'm looking out for someone to offer me something "too good to be true."

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HUH. Last night I dreamed that some fonky old man came in with "new" kitchen counters for me. They were the most beat-up, scarred, stained things I had ever seen. I told him to take the counters and go. He argued with me, but eventually left. NOW I'm looking out for someone to offer me something "too good to be true."
IMO, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Or in the case of the above, not even close!
I woke up in the middle of the night because I had a dream I was getting ready in the morning as I always do. I went into the office/lobby area, and there was this ridiculously thick, weird looking fog inside and out. I heard someone loudly and slowly banging on the front door, not knocking, but banging, and it freaked me out. When I looked out, it was someone who had an appointment later that day but they chose to stand there and practically knock the door in at like 6:30AM. I woke up feeling really uneasy.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...PRECOG! I dreamed last night that I was sitting in my recliner, but it was in a movie theater! Today, I received a new 60" TV from Spawn 1, quite unexpected, that replaces my old 40" TV! YES, it feels like being in a theater!
I need to have a dream like that!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was STUNNED when I walked into the living room and it was sitting there (my neighbor has a key, and brings in packages for me)! I'm still getting all set up, since I have to re-sign in to all my apps. But I LOVE it, and the closed captions are SO much easier to read!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...PRECOG! I dreamed last night that I was sitting in my recliner, but it was in a movie theater! Today, I received a new 60" TV from Spawn 1, quite unexpected, that replaces my old 40" TV! YES, it feels like being in a theater!
Would you have a dream about me and Matt Belllamy so it will come true? :D