What did you dream about last night?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i hate them. i get up for awhile so i can clear my head
Same. Or at least sit up and turn on some lights. I hate the ones that leave me feeling paralyzed.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
another dream about old friends. we were eating pizza.....my ex was there. it was
something we used to do often. miss them....💖🍕

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember where we had to go, but my husband and I, in separate vehicles, had to get somewhere. When I was driving into town, everything had changed. The city had built a bunch of new highways and over/under passes and on/off ramps with a bunch of roundabouts thrown in and I didn't know where to go, and it seemed like I was going in the wrong direction. Once section I was driving thru, the speed limit was very slow and there were speed trap cameras. For whatever reason, I had hard time keeping speed and had terrible foot/pedal control and tripped one of the cameras. But I knew our license plate was damaged so the camera wouldn't be able to take a picture of it. I then managed to park somewhere, which was very difficult because I didn't have a lot of control of my van and started to walk around to see where I had to go. I noticed some people just sitting on the side of the road and asked them for directions. They just pointed to an area, where off in the distance there was a bunch of machinery and a few oil rigs in operation but I still didn't know how to get there because of the confusing highways crisscrossing. I then noticed a little further that a midway (carnival) was going on so I decided to get back in my van and try to get to it because once there I should be able to find my way out. At this point my husband shows up on foot, in a bit of a panic. How he knew where I was and what happened to the car he was driving I don't know, but I was glad he was there. However, him being there meant something was wrong and I was scared...I then woke up.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't remember where we had to go, but my husband and I, in separate vehicles, had to get somewhere. When I was driving into town, everything had changed. The city had built a bunch of new highways and over/under passes and on/off ramps with a bunch of roundabouts thrown in and I didn't know where to go, and it seemed like I was going in the wrong direction. Once section I was driving thru, the speed limit was very slow and there were speed trap cameras. For whatever reason, I had hard time keeping speed and had terrible foot/pedal control and tripped one of the cameras. But I knew our license plate was damaged so the camera wouldn't be able to take a picture of it. I then managed to park somewhere, which was very difficult because I didn't have a lot of control of my van and started to walk around to see where I had to go. I noticed some people just sitting on the side of the road and asked them for directions. They just pointed to an area, where off in the distance there was a bunch of machinery and a few oil rigs in operation but I still didn't know how to get there because of the confusing highways crisscrossing. I then noticed a little further that a midway (carnival) was going on so I decided to get back in my van and try to get to it because once there I should be able to find my way out. At this point my husband shows up on foot, in a bit of a panic. How he knew where I was and what happened to the car he was driving I don't know, but I was glad he was there. However, him being there meant something was wrong and I was scared...I then woke up.
Oh gosh, I've had those confusing roads/highways/criss crossing ones, too. I hate them! And they usually involve bridges that resemble the worlds steepest roller coasters and I absolutely HAVE to cross them.
I've had a recurring one where I am driving up a bridge and just keep going higher and higher until I'm literally in the clouds and it feels like a thick fog and I have no idea where I'm at, what direction I'm going, or how to get home, but almost every time I see a familiar road sign pointing me home. I always wake up more tired than when I went to bed. :sigh:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
i often have dreams where i am flying. anyone else have them?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had been looking online to see if I could find the animal hoarding situation that Bob came from. I dreamed of cages and cages of cats that looked just like Bob. :bawling:

DH warned me not to look. He said it would just hurt me. I didn't find anything, but I guess my mind filled it in while I slept.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i often have dreams where i am flying. anyone else have them?
Yes, they are fun! Until you realize you don't know how to steer or land.
I had a fun one where I was in some big race, and I was towards the back of the pack (not surprising, I can't run very fast.) The entire race was me and a few other people coming across obstacles and giving up the opportunity to get ahead by staying and helping whomever was struggling. We did cross the finish line together eventually. It was like a dream version of Cool Runnings!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Chris Noth and I were in a relationship.(Sex and City the and Law &
Order ( I dream about him frequently)💖
1703094120019.png

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday DH woke me up for church and I told him I was dreaming about remote controlled chicken tenders. :dunno: I remember a really tasty sandwich on like a thick flatbread with Secret Sauce too.

Maybe it’s a coincidence but I was hangry multiple times yesterday. :disappointed:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I remember is that I was with some people in a McDonald's in Australia. There were a lot of people, and I mean A LOT. All the tables were full and the line to order was out the door. I remember one of the people I was with asked what I was going to get. I responded with "If it tastes anything like in the US, I'm not putting any of it in my mouth". The person behind me was an employee, and said "That's the thing, we have no idea if it tastes like the US McDonald's since none of us have ever been there".
I was just about to say "then give me a burger and I will tell you". However I woke up before I could say this. It was like my mind said "OH NO YOU DON'T".
I woke and thought about it and laughed. Dodged a bullet there.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yesterday DH woke me up for church and I told him I was dreaming about remote controlled chicken tenders. :dunno: I remember a really tasty sandwich on like a thick flatbread with Secret Sauce too.

Maybe it’s a coincidence but I was hangry multiple times yesterday. :disappointed:
Remote controlled chicken tenders!! 🤣 That's got to be one of the best ones I've ever heard, LOL!
I had a dream a few nights ago that we were working in my yard, and it was really looking beautiful. At one point, my friend moved the storage shed across the yard and left the little deck that sits in front of it in place, and the stones that sit under it. Someone had come along and put some decorative things on it and I was really shocked at how cool it looked. I decided to leave the shed in the new spot, but my friend was carrying it around like it was a weightless security blanket or something.
Then I decided to get some yard stuff out of the garage, which is a short walk from my place to Mom's. I was halfway there, and realized half the fence was missing. I hemmed and hawed and realized half the yard was mowed down but the other half wasn't. My Tag, who passed in 2022, was there, which made me happy. We got into the shed and brought out some of his bigger agility equipment minus a tunnel that was so tiny and weird looking it looked like a big finger trap. I realized if I wanted to set up a course for him I'd have to mow the rest of the lawn, but, I think it was raining by then.
I went back inside and my house was all one huge room and I was getting to work getting it re-arranged and in some kind of order. It was night, and I think it was raining but I had the TV blaring and it was kind of fun. I realized I had windows all along the south side, side by side, floor to ceiling but the screens were broken. Then, I realized that all the mulch we had laid was "seeping" inside along the corners and through the windows, and with the mulch came bugs and spiders all over my house. I am scared of spiders, so I wasn't sure what to do. At one point I saw 5 very big spiders all lined up like they were ready to do battle and I was like "oh heck no" and dove on top of my bed and wondered what I was going to do.
I woke up briefly, fell back to sleep, and when my alarm went off I was thinking "what if I could communicate with a brontosaurus?"
Well if the dream wasn't weird enough, the waking thought was I guess. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More food dreams last night... This time nothing too outrageous though. It was some kind of ice cream place where you serve yourself soft serve and add all kinds of toppings yourself then pay by weight. Typical Mom style; everyone else needed attention and mine got paid for before I finished making mine and it kept melting. So I went back to add hot fudge and some other stuff and got super embarrassed because I realized it had already been paid for, meaning I was stealing toppings! So I asked if I could pay for the rest separate and they were nice about it. I do remember sticking my leg/knee up on the counter near the toppings at one point; so I guess it was still a bit outrageous.

Then it turned into people from school being there catching up on other people we went to school with having a motorcycle accident. I can picture the guy but I don't think the names were right. :dunno: Now do I go find a yearbook and see if they guy is alive or not? :paranoid:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
More food dreams last night... This time nothing too outrageous though. It was some kind of ice cream place where you serve yourself soft serve and add all kinds of toppings yourself then pay by weight. Typical Mom style; everyone else needed attention and mine got paid for before I finished making mine and it kept melting. So I went back to add hot fudge and some other stuff
that sounds amazing!!!!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone speaks proper French I'd love to hear the interpretation of these two words.

I dream a lot. A LOT and I recall a lot too.

Last night I dreamt in French. I don't speak french - and I barely remember my french from school.

The two words that stood out were "Nuit" and "Voit". There could have been a Nu in front of it but I think my mind was trying to find the word "Nuit" but the words were" Nuit Voit" for sure. I didn't hear the words - I read them like they were in the air - just there. I have no other context. So "Night see?" I have no idea what my head was doing.

Nuit means night, that I knew. I had to look up Voit. Voit is to see or to look at.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do the words match what was happening in your dream?

I’ve woken up shouting in a language I did not know. Like I was trying to be heard across a creek in my dream. I think it was getting ready to storm. I tried to hold the words when I woke up and put them in Google Translate later but I never did figure out what language it was. :dunno:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading through this thread now - can't believe I didn't see it before. People have some truly cool dreams!

Do the words match what was happening in your dream?
Yes, and no really. Just talking to someone off in my peripheral. Nothing else was happening. Usually if I dream of a word or number - it becomes relevant within a couple of months.

I’ve woken up shouting in a language I did not know. Like I was trying to be heard across a creek in my dream. I think it was getting ready to storm. I tried to hold the words when I woke up and put them in Google Translate later but I never did figure out what language it was. :dunno:
Now that would be something!!! (Although I bet disconcerting too waking up like that!)

It's hard to hold words sometimes and often old languages are harder as language evolves - and with it the spelling.That can make it tricky to find. Especially if you can't ID it. Do you recall if it sounded more eastern european or perhaps Gaelic? I have had know quite a few people that had dreams in Gaelic and they don't know the language at all.

Our minds are so powerful.