What Behavior Does Your Cat Annoy You With?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Cookie constantly lays on my laptop, textbooks, notes, etc. When I make her move she makes angry huffing sounds. She also likes to stand directly in front of whatever I'm looking at with her butt in my face.

The dog is her least favorite creature in existence so she likes to tease him. He is obsessed with eating cat poop and thus sniffing her butt; he likes to shove his nose in that region as often as possible and always gets in trouble for it. When she wants him kicked off the bed she'll stand in front of him with her tail up, he sticks his nose in her butt, she yells and smacks him, he gets in trouble and kicked off the bed, then she gets all the space to herself. The bed is for peaceful coexistence only, Cookie has gotten herself kicked off for being a moody b****. They constantly fight for the right to lay in the excessive amount of pillows. Beast (dog) will simply step behind her and shove piles of pillows on top of her so she has to move or be squished, or he'll just sit on her. If Beast is in the pillows and Cookie wants them, she just walks over and rapid-fire smacks his butt. Claws hurt, so he moves.
:spew::crackup::flail:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo sits at my feet after dinner, stares at me or puts one foot on the chair to come up and meows. I don't know what he wants. He does this over and over. I've gotten Da Bird out and crinkle balls, but he loses interest in a few minutes and starts the meowing again. It's very frustrating. I wish he could tell me what he wants.
:headscratch: :think: Maybe brushed or just held and petted? :dunno:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
At 6 months Buddy is still a kitten and adorable most of the time. He does have the annoying habit of doing surprise ninja attacks on our older cats, usually when they are trying to exit a litterbox. It usually ends with him chasing them to the top of a cat tree or under a chair where the older one will hiss at him.
Buddy thinks this is great fun and is oblivious to my (and the other cats') protests. I wish one of the elders would give him a good swat or two, to teach him that this is unacceptable. They, however , just gives me a look that says "YOU brought him here so YOU deal with him".
Hopefully he grows out of it soon!
:wavey:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten is generally a good cat, but her and the dog do this one thing...
Kitten can get on the counter, but she can’t get anything open. Hopper (the dog) can get stuff open, but he can’t get up on anything. So they work together. I watched (out of curiosity) Kitten get on the counter andgrab a closed bag of beef jerky in her mouth from up against the wall. She then carried it over to the edge of the counter and dropped it on the floor where Hopper was waiting. She jumped down, Hopper tore the bag open and they each sat there eating the jerky.
It’s hilarious but also annoying. Their favorite thing to get into are the kitty treats.

Mattie
:crackup::lolup: Oh boy! Talk about double trouble! :lol2: :thud::bliss:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fresca likes playing with sponges, napkins, kleenex, and paper towel sheets. I usually find shredded paper laying in various places, and will occasionally find sponges on the floor if she decides to drag them around the house.

Callie will crap in her carrier on car trips. It's it a pain in the ass to take her anywhere because I always have to clean and sterilize the carrier when I get home, not to mention the smell in the car while I'm driving. Winter is the worst since I can't just roll down the window to air it out.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Trin has some type of weird separation anxiety and yowls while he is alone. Annoying, yes but we understand and try and comfort him as much as possible.

The truly annoying thing is he will do this after he has just left a room we were all in. He will get up, leave, and then yowl at the cruel world for leaving him alone.

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not the most annoying. Not even *that* annoying. But I did have work to do....
View attachment 256264
Haha! Our cat Kiefurr Sutherland does that, and I have a touchscreen on the laptop. He loves to try to catch the cursor. Once I was grading a student's statistics exam, and Kiefurr clicked the "Submit" button and submitted the grade before I was finished. Fortunately, and was able correct it before the student saw it!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! Our cat Kiefurr Sutherland does that, and I have a touchscreen on the laptop. He loves to try to catch the cursor. Once I was grading a student's statistics exam, and Kiefurr clicked the "Submit" button and submitted the grade before I was finished. Fortunately, and was able correct it before the student saw it!
“I got a ‘meow, meow, feed me now’ on that exam. Is that good?”

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most annoying thing that almost all my cats do is to dart in front of you when you are walking. I have come really close to tripping and falling, i don't need that at my age! My little Mollie will do this even outside, so I don't see it as a "I want to go out". Dutch actually knocked into the side of my leg yesterday and knocked me sideways. My husband always says look while you are walking, but most of the time they fly out of nowhere!

Shining Star

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Olive meows - no, shouts - in the evenings sometimes if we are in the basement. I think she wants outside (which we do not allow) since she was an outdoor kitty about a year ago. Nothing can quiet her for long - we have tried playing with her (helps a little), puzzle feeders, attention/love, and also saying "Olive!" in an exasperated tone. It's quite annoying when you are watching a movie!

I often scrapbook while watching a movie, and she loves to sit on whatever my current project is. I can't be too annoyed, however, because I will be bent over the table gluing something or using a stencil and she will sit on the page, purr her loudest, and headbutt my face. It's quiet endearing (and annoying!).

She is Gorgeous!

Shining Star

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Ming-Ming does this annoying thing when he has a full food dish and he'll just... tip it over and so then I have to pick up his food! I love that little stinker though.:rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Ming-Ming does this annoying thing when he has a full food dish and he'll just... tip it over and so then I have to pick up his food! I love that little stinker though.
Olive does that too! The only thing that worked for us was getting one of those Dr Catsby Whisker Relief bowls ... the shape makes it really hard to flip.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most annoying thing that almost all my cats do is to dart in front of you when you are walking. I have come really close to tripping and falling, i don't need that at my age! My little Mollie will do this even outside, so I don't see it as a "I want to go out". Dutch actually knocked into the side of my leg yesterday and knocked me sideways. My husband always says look while you are walking, but most of the time they fly out of nowhere!
My foster does this, especially when I'm trying to walk down stairs. She will invariably show up and weave around my feet as I'm trying to put them down on the next step, so far I've avoided stepping on her but it's only a matter of time. She does this in the hallway on the 1st floor too, she weaves around my feet as I'm walking. I've kicked her a few times when I've not bothered to turn the light on at night but she doesn't seem to care.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most annoying thing Tommy does is walk in between my feet. Several times I have almost fallen. It is just a matter of time. I don't need a cats help to fall. I can do that well enough on my own. Just last weekend I fell twice and hurt my shoulder.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has a new one now... when I'm ignoring her while sitting on the couch or laying in bed and the kitty is near my head, she'll bite some of my hair and tug it to get my attention like a bratty child! I hiss at her when she does it but it doesn't have much effect...