What Behavior Does Your Cat Annoy You With?

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Burying my food as if its nasty catbox business. Honeybun was a stray in the city for a while, so shes gotten used to human food, shell come investigate, give it a sniff, decide its not edible, and commence trying to bury it, which means pawing at napkins/the tablecloth/stray papers til theyre covering my dinner. I always say " hey im EATING that!" but shez got me on the pay no mind list apparently, bc i usually have to pick her up and set her on the floor. Idk why shes so intent on burying my dinner.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoving her head in the blinds! I think we will have to replace two sets when we move out so far!

smosmosmo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The main "bad" thing Smo likes to do is want to go outdoors - she never makes a real attempt at busting out but I can tell she wants to be outside. Her previous owner got her into the bad habit of being an indoor/outdoor cat so she's really hard to entertain with indoor activities. She's only interested in a couple toys and it can be hard to figure out how to keep her mentally stimulated, as she is really smart. We're moving to a new place eventually and I can't wait to build her a catio and let her roam wherever she wants in the house (at the moment she is confined to certain rooms in my apartment).

Other than that she has an obsession with clawing up soft things like couches which, whatever, it's not so bad. She will also bite up my curtains when she's annoyed with me, while looking me dead in the eye. She's the boss here and she knows it.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What gets on my last one is when I’m doing the kitty chores (which is twice a day) and they follow me around and get in the way. There’s always one jumping in the box that I’m going to clean, and one jumping out and spreading litter on the floor that I just swept... :sigh:

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Running around trilling like she wants to play, and then showing a complete lack of interest when I try.

Also ricocheting off the aquarium. The thing is 40 years old and shouldn't be so roughly treated!

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have doorstops that are spring loaded and you can pull back and let it sit on the floor so the door doesn't slam shut. BOTH of my stinky kitties pull back and let it fly back up, and it makes such a loud noise at 3 AM. They think it was made for them and it's their way of knocking on the door to enter.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately Cricket has taken to jumping up on the dresser / bookcases by DH's side of the bed. Once up there, she'll paw at stuff and generally create a ruckus. I wouldn't really mind it, but she generally decides to do this around 4 AM. And since I get up at 5 for work, there is pretty much no going back to sleep for me.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10:00 PM to 11:29 PM:
I may be sick. Okay. I can relax. No I’m nauseated. False alarm. Wait. I still might blow. Don’t touch me.
11:30 PM: OMG! I’m so hungry! How could you let my stomach empty? I’m starving here. Why aren’t you feeding me?

I’m on barf watch for an hour and a half and it’s like I saw the very moment her stomach emptied. And now she’s trying to convince me the last hour never happened.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Diamond loves to explore on my desk. He starts sniffing with his nose down. Maybe he is looking for some crumb I have dropped. When he does this, things start hitting the floor. The mouse is usually first to fall. Then remote controls. I'm surprised any of them still work! I am happy for him to lie on the desk, but when he starts sniffing, it is time to take him off the desk!

NoxfordComma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nox is content to knock every single one of my knick knacks off my shelf, no matter how heavy, even though when they hit the ground it TERRIFIES him. Also, we have floor-to-ceiling bamboo blinds in our kitchen so once a day Bowie and Nox (litter bros) play a rousing game of "I'm going to crawl up one side of the blinds and you're going to launch yourself full speed at me to try to get me to fall off." I'd be more annoyed if those blinds weren't 10 years old ;)

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sir has a day, a single day once a month where he doesn't eat a thing. It's not the same day...just a random day about a month from the last time. He'll scream and beg and carry on, but when you put food down for him he'll curl his lip and blink hard like you just offered him a steaming bowl of poo. You could open a can of each and every one of his favorites and he'll turn them all down. We call it his 'fast Sunday'. It is very annoying and very wasteful. Every other day of the month he can and will eat just about any wet food you put in front of him.

When fast Sunday rolls around I've taken to just throwing up my hands and ignoring his screams for the day because I know that if I give in, I'll end up either refrigerating or throwing away a perfectly good can or three of food.

I would be much happier if fast Sunday came on the same day each month instead of randomly...then I could know for sure that I should leave the can in the cupboard. :hmmm:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sir has a day, a single day once a month where he doesn't eat a thing. It's not the same day...just a random day about a month from the last time. He'll scream and beg and carry on, but when you put food down for him he'll curl his lip and blink hard like you just offered him a steaming bowl of poo. You could open a can of each and every one of his favorites and he'll turn them all down. We call it his 'fast Sunday'.
How many cat Yom Kippurs in a human year?
:winkcat:

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How many cat Yom Kippurs in a human year?
:winkcat:
12, apparently...perhaps the yowling at me is him trying to ask forgiveness of his sins and I've just been interpreting it as food begs!
'Silly human, why do you give me food when I try to atone?! Are we not communicating well?'

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
What annoys me most is when Bourbon jumps on my stomach at 3am or 4am like a child jumping repeatedly on a trampolene if she wants any of the following:
- Food
- Her litterbox to be cleaned
- She just wants someone awake when she is

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a perfect thread as Jade and her daughter Piccolo have been total PITA girls today! If I sit on the couch, with food or my computer, it's all over. If it's food, they come racing over and make a beeline for it and they are BOLD! I am not a fan of sharing my food on the couch, or really at all, because I don't want to promote begging, so I don't even know where this came from! I am in a constant state of vigilance trying to protect my food and drink, I can't just relax and enjoy a meal!
If it's the computer on my lap, they suddenly need to be ON me. Or rather more specifically, on the computer. They suddenly remember they need to be somewhere and the only route is directly over me, even though that doesn't happen if I don't have the computer!! I love them, but trying to complete a final and ward them off too is driving me batty!!!!!
:argh::lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tommy is a feral I just brought inside last month and he is the only cat I have. The annoying think that he does is walk in between my legs. I am so afraid I am going to fall on him or fall and get hurt myself. I am 68 and have brittle bones. I have already fallen 12 times in the past 3 months. I did not get hurt but it was very difficult for me to get back up on my feet after each fall.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Geoffrey has 'discovered' the television!!

His latest is to sit in front of the flat screen TV.. which is on an entertainment center.

Geoffrey will intently watch it for a few minutes; then, go close to it, putting his paws on the first shelf, where the cable box and DVD player are. Then he will stretch out to his full height, to the top of the entertainment center.. then he eyes the TV.. Then he goes over to the side of the entertainment center and jumps on the top..

He tries to inspect the front-- not much room for him.. but he HAS to walk and inspect the back of the TV; looking for the "people"....

Weird cat... Imagine me yelling at him, in the background: "No, NO, Get Down, Down.. DOWN...

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Made the mistake of going out to investigate what had spooked Molly the other day, now she thinks incessant yowling at all hours is the way to get more attention from me. >.< I'm being diligent about NOT starting cuddle sessions when she's yowling, but that is sometimes meaning waiting 15-45 minutes for her to settle down for a bit before I go get her from her catio and bring her inside for some cuddles. Hoping she realizes fairly quickly that the ONLY time she gets cuddles is when she's NOT yowling....but it might take a bit....