What Behavior Does Your Cat Annoy You With?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know most cat owners has to go through a bad behavior but my cat likes to slam cabnits at 12 am- 3am. I go why cat why ha ha I love her though

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My "pet" peeve is when Theo pulls down and messes up the couch cover. :rolleyes: lol He is my little pain in the butt when that happens! But I love my sweet messy boy anyway!!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sir Eats-A-Lot will lick my hair for as long as I'll put up with it. Made it tough watching the football game on TV yesterday. He'll also groom my hair in bed, typically as a wake-up call. He keeps doing it until I shoo him away.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo sits at my feet after dinner, stares at me or puts one foot on the chair to come up and meows. I don't know what he wants. He does this over and over. I've gotten Da Bird out and crinkle balls, but he loses interest in a few minutes and starts the meowing again. It's very frustrating. I wish he could tell me what he wants.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coming from a semi-feral background; Toffee and Fudge are terrible scavengers for food. They'll try and get anything vaguely edible they can get their paws on (often without success, thankfully!).
Fudge will also often sit on the doormat and constantly make low, long meows, often signalling that he wants food, but sometimes I think he does it just because he wants to annoy us, haha. He's even succeeded in annoying the neighbours too who complained about his meows (which I don't think is exactly fair since she's also an owner of two vocal cats).

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Raja really doesn't do anything that's annoying (kitty angel...knocks on wood) but Mizu seems to think sponges are "prey" as well as paper towels when they're in my hand so she tries to steal them from me. Kinda makes wiping anything down a bit of a problem. Pain in the...:tongue:

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amelia gets increasingly creative with how she wakes me up. Usually, it's just meowing and jumping on me (I KNOW she can get to her favorite window spot without stomping right on my stomach, she just chooses not to if she wants me to get out of bed!). But lately she's realized that if she gently paws at my armpits or feet with her fuzzy little paws, it wakes me up without fail (because it really tickles!). Of course, by the time I bury myself completely under the covers to escape her harassment, my alarm goes off...

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive meows - no, shouts - in the evenings sometimes if we are in the basement. I think she wants outside (which we do not allow) since she was an outdoor kitty about a year ago. Nothing can quiet her for long - we have tried playing with her (helps a little), puzzle feeders, attention/love, and also saying "Olive!" in an exasperated tone. It's quite annoying when you are watching a movie!

I often scrapbook while watching a movie, and she loves to sit on whatever my current project is. I can't be too annoyed, however, because I will be bent over the table gluing something or using a stencil and she will sit on the page, purr her loudest, and headbutt my face. It's quiet endearing (and annoying!).

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only annoying thing Samai does is when she lies on my leg, with a paw on it. That's not the annoying part. What is annoying is if I move, even to readjust myself, then out come the claws. As if to say "no...I'm comfortable and you cannot move without getting bloody".

That, and whenever I'm allowed to get up, she jumps in my spot and refuses to move.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Every night peaches hisses and growls at me when I'm in bed. She insists on being on the kitchen counter when I prepare their food. She gets down then jumps back up. I have to mute my tablet whenever someone talks on it or she'll. bite me. She sometimes pees standing up over the 13inch marker.it's stress because she does not do it as often since I plugged in feliway. She tears up paper or cardboard I leave out.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simon pulls on his nails when he grooms.

Tara makes a gross noise when she licks her chest. She also rolls in my hair at night. My hair is more than 30inches long.

Astrid taps on the side of the bed. I lift up the blanket and tell her to get in, but she just sits there and stares at me. I put the blanket down, and she starts tapping again. This happens several times before she jumps into bed.

Estella eats super fast and then throws up almost immediately.

Evangeline, Fennimore, Willow, Freya, and Silas do not do anything particularly annoying, thankfully!

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I oftentimes like to watch something on my laptop while I eat a meal. Gizmo has taken it upon himself to sit down on my keyboard every single time I want to do this which makes it impossible to watch anything. The keys he hits will close out what I'm watching, open up random tabs, cause my laptop to scream noises at me. Not to mention he'll reach a paw at whatever it is I'm eating. He's a terror, I adore him.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Every night peaches hisses and growls at me when I'm in bed. She insists on being on the kitchen counter when I prepare their food. She gets down then jumps back up. I have to mute my tablet whenever someone talks on it or she'll. bite me. She sometimes pees standing up over the 13inch marker.it's stress because she does not do it as often since I plugged in feliway. She tears up paper or cardboard I leave out.
And I just did something idiotic. I cleaned the litter box so it smelled right before peaches used it. She went over board to mark her scent.. I forgot that my cats use the box morning and night!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
C'est Moi likes to slam cabinets when she wants me to give her some treats. I always tell her that I'm going to tape all of the cabinets shut so she cannot do that anymore!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats are pretty well behaved and sweet (knock on wood.) The only thing about Mog is when he eats Lucy's food, or tries to. He's sneaky, and knows he's not supposed to, but he waits until I'm not looking and pushes her away. Right now I'm standing guard to make sure she gets her dinner! She eats so much more slowly, so if he makes it the whole meal without trying to steal her food, I'll give him a treat. He's doing better, though, so I can't really complain.

Lucy likes to steal my ponytail holders. Open any closed door in my house, and a few will be just behind the threshold. She also likes to wake me up at 3-4 am, and switch from sleeping beside me to sleeping under the covers at my feet. She'll lightly scratch at the sheets until I hear her, but if I'm not quick enough, she starts chomping on the blankets in an attempt to get under them herself. My nice comforter has tons of tiny teeth holes. Ah, well. I guess that one is my own fault for not waking up quickly enough.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 6 months Buddy is still a kitten and adorable most of the time. He does have the annoying habit of doing surprise ninja attacks on our older cats, usually when they are trying to exit a litterbox. It usually ends with him chasing them to the top of a cat tree or under a chair where the older one will hiss at him.
Buddy thinks this is great fun and is oblivious to my (and the other cats') protests. I wish one of the elders would give him a good swat or two, to teach him that this is unacceptable. They, however , just gives me a look that says "YOU brought him here so YOU deal with him".
Hopefully he grows out of it soon!

Mattie279

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kitten is generally a good cat, but her and the dog do this one thing...
Kitten can get on the counter, but she can’t get anything open. Hopper (the dog) can get stuff open, but he can’t get up on anything. So they work together. I watched (out of curiosity) Kitten get on the counter andgrab a closed bag of beef jerky in her mouth from up against the wall. She then carried it over to the edge of the counter and dropped it on the floor where Hopper was waiting. She jumped down, Hopper tore the bag open and they each sat there eating the jerky.
It’s hilarious but also annoying. Their favorite thing to get into are the kitty treats.

Mattie

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toby, does NOT shut up, he's Siamese, so what else can I expect. He also always needs to try and climb on us or at least be touching one of us, even if it's just the tip of his paw. For the most part it's cute, but sometimes, it's just "will you please just sit there...no, there...no, there...no, THERE and be quiet?!.....no, I said THERE!" :rolleyes3:
Chewie, who is 18 and neutered, humps everything. Mostly the arm of the couch or the throw pillows, he likes the fur covered ones the best. I guess he's just a horny little old man! :blush: