What Behavior Does Your Cat Annoy You With?

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Waking me up in the middle of the night. Now I'd get it if she was waking me up because she's hungry. However, she wakes me up just to play. She has these spongey balls that she likes to play with. My bedroom is on the second floor and I'll her her start meowing from the floor below. Then I'll here constant meowing getting louder and louder as she climbing the stairs until she finally appears outside my bedroom door with the toy in her mouth.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats try to bury their food when they don't like it and the clawing annoys the crap out of me. They also both claw at their litter boxes. Remy wakes me up by pawing at me so I can let him under the covers. I don't mind it so much, I just wish he wouldn't do it when I'm sleep deprived.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
896BF62A-8610-41CB-9F9C-DF584ADF24D1.jpeg

It’s hard to be annoyed with this face. Especially after all she’s been through (FORLs, IBD, pancreatitis.). And as pleased as I am that she’s getting better and her appetite is healthy again, I would like more than three hours of sleep at a time before Little Miss Feed Me shows this face again.

Louisa S

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my god, this one is SO EASY for me! I have a bengal cat called Mitzy and she is as energetic as it gets. She has pretty much wrecked my entire home! She's just being playful, but we're talking ripped curtains, scratched settee. It's become a running joke among my friends, so much so that one of them actually got me that infamous Scratch That mug by Catty Catty off ebay! I laughed my head off but it's a bit near the bone...

All I can say is SHE'S WORTH IT! She is SO intelligent, so curious, so funny and quirky. I defy you to find a human as interesting as my cat.

Still would quite like to have a nice home to live in. My husband is very against getting ANOTHER cat because of this. I think its a shame as she'd be less boisterous if she had another cat to play with.

Anyone else got a cat that likes tearing up the place - or am I the only one so blessed?!

Louisa S

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat does exactly the same. She has little interest in my laptop, but if it's taking up my attention, she suddenly wants it ALL to herself...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat does exactly the same. She has little interest in my laptop, but if it's taking up my attention, she suddenly wants it ALL to herself...
If only she'd take dictation, I wouldn't mind so much. But the hand that goes near her head will get pawed at or licked.

Louisa S

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In the case of my cat she just wants to be the centre of attention!

Do you find that your cat gets annoyed if you talk on the phone for too long? My cat is SO nosy she wants to be involved in EVERYTHING! She's so charming though it's hard to refuse her any request!

I've actually said to people I'm speaking to that she's getting annoyed so I have to come off the phone!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes. She shows very little interest when I talk to her. But if I talk on the phone, she needs all my attention. I just make calls on speakerphone while stroking her in my lap like some kind of super-villain.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I thought of one. Her poop schedule seems to be maximized for my discomfort.

"Too damn early to walk my bomb to the dumpster? I'm going to poop."

"Just sat down to a meal you cooked? I'm going to poop."

"Bottom of the 9th in the game you want to watch? Definitely poop time!"

I'm just thankful that her IBD has healed to the point where I can bag it by the door for three outs. A month ago I'd have to burn my apartment down and declare it a Superfund site.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I thought of one. Her poop schedule seems to be maximized for my discomfort.

"Too damn early to walk my bomb to the dumpster? I'm going to poop."

"Just sat down to a meal you cooked? I'm going to poop."

"Bottom of the 9th in the game you want to watch? Definitely poop time!"

I'm just thankful that her IBD has healed to the point where I can bag it by the door for three outs. A month ago I'd have to burn my apartment down and declare it a Superfund site.
Oh we are living this now. Trin's poops have woken us up from a dead sleep a floor away - mostly because the little stinker (literally) goes in front of the litterbox and doesn't bury. He likes to do this right when it's time to leave for work too .... sigh ...

wealthy1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buddy - must sleep in my laundry basket although he has a bed.

Missy - eats everything! I have to be extra diligent to prevent her from eating anything hazardous.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to buy Krista a Sleepypod carrier but I'm almost certain she would use it like a litterbox if I left it in her environment as a pet bed. She squatted and peed in the last cat bed I bought her after one day of using it as intended. So no cat beds for Krista.

MischiefManaged

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male Neville will slam cabinet doors. xD We had to get a child lock for the cabinet. He is very smart though... xD Another thing would be him going under our feet alot when we try to walk and when he chews plastic. He is our trouble boy. lol I love him alot though! ^_^ I try to keep the plastic away from him. ((Sylvie is the sweet little angel who was the scared one when we got her. She is not scared anymore. She comes when called. :D ))

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive eats all the food. Trin hates closed doors and tries to break in. We have to isolate Gohan due to an injury, and we were leaving the room he was in. Olive charged in and started eating his food, Trin followed and then Gohan escaped. By the time we got Olive out of his food, the cats had scattered to the winds.

Little fleabags. :heartshape:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow scratches, whines and pulls on the linen closet door because she wants to sleep in the towels. Middle of the day, middle of the night, a couple hours a day and it is just like fingernails on a blackboard to me. She is overall and extremely well behaved cat but can be really stubborn when it is something she really wants.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cookie constantly lays on my laptop, textbooks, notes, etc. When I make her move she makes angry huffing sounds. She also likes to stand directly in front of whatever I'm looking at with her butt in my face.

The dog is her least favorite creature in existence so she likes to tease him. He is obsessed with eating cat poop and thus sniffing her butt; he likes to shove his nose in that region as often as possible and always gets in trouble for it. When she wants him kicked off the bed she'll stand in front of him with her tail up, he sticks his nose in her butt, she yells and smacks him, he gets in trouble and kicked off the bed, then she gets all the space to herself. The bed is for peaceful coexistence only, Cookie has gotten herself kicked off for being a moody b****. They constantly fight for the right to lay in the excessive amount of pillows. Beast (dog) will simply step behind her and shove piles of pillows on top of her so she has to move or be squished, or he'll just sit on her. If Beast is in the pillows and Cookie wants them, she just walks over and rapid-fire smacks his butt. Claws hurt, so he moves.