Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
On my Nook:

A Walk with the Dead - Sally Spencer

The Easter Bunny Murder - I forget who the author is, but the book isn't doing much for me

Fifty Shades of Gray - E.L. James

Fifty Shades Darker - E. L. James (second in the series.....I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. At one time, the series here in our local library system had 133 people waiting on it! I will say that it is......interesting)

Strong Hot Winds - Iris Johansen

Have finished:

The Third Gate - Lincoln Childs (I love the Childs/Preston novels)

The Hunt for Atlantis - Andy McDermott

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
On my Nook now:

Fifty Shades Freed - E.L. James (I really enjoyed this trilogy; in fact, I may just go ahead and buy the three books)

Born to Darkness - Suzanne Brockmann

I have 5 books on hold at the library and I'm first on the list now for all 5, so I'm trying to keep my Nook cleaned-out for library books. With my luck, they'll all come in at the same time.

Last edited:

catdavidlouis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just read Killing Lincoln  detailing the final days of our greatest President, IMHO. Fascinating stuff. I join those that feel that had A.L. lived, race relations in this country would have gotten much better, much sooner. I'm no expert though.  

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
On my Nook right now:

Cat Bearing Gifts - Shirley Rousseau Murphy

Intertwined - Gena Showalter

Twisted - Gena Showalter

Unraveled - Gena Showalter

The Island (Part 1 - Fallen Earth) - Michael Stark

I went to B & N's free book link and downloaded a ton of free books again.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, where have I been, just found this Thread.  I love to learn what other people are reading.

I'm a fast reader, slow comprehender; sometimes I don't remember whose who a day after I finish the book. 

I have a Kindle and download free books, rarely paying money for them (I'm cheap).  I read anywhere from one to three books a week.  They are usually shorter than the Dead Tree Books (i.e.,  hard back books or paperbacks).

That said, I'm currently reading This Shattered Land (Surviving the Dead).

I have also on my Kindle Zombie Patrol (Walking...) by JR Rain and Memories of a Bad Dog (Curtis Moser). 

My favorite genre is end of the world, now what, and science fiction (not to technical, please).  I have read a few really good sci fi books that feature enhanced dogs or cats.  I started one book about a pet food company adulterating food so that it would increase appetite in pets as well as make them super aggressive (think Lions on steroids).  I couldn't finish the book, too sad.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my last post I've read 3 novels. I finished up that prequel series, plus read a Michael Connelly book.

I'm now reading "Crime and Punishment".

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Reading 12th of Never by James Patterson

If you get the chance to read this series read in order ;;

1st to Die

2nd Chance

3rd Degree

4th of July

5th Horseman

6th Target

7th Heaven

8th Confession

9th Judgement

10th Anniversary

11th Hour

12th of Never

Last edited:

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like comic fantasy, my favourite author is Robert Rankin, who classes his work as "far fetched fantasy". I've read every one of his books, and while awaiting his next release, I fill my time with Tom Holt, and Jasper Fforde. I've read all of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next books, and a number of his other books.

I'm currently reading Tom Holt's "The Portable Door"

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm currently reading World War Z[ombie] which I reserved from the library (e-book).  It's been made into a movie (Brad Pitt anyone?) and told from the perspective of a journalist interviewing various people post-War Z, an interesting, different take on this genre.

Winchester, I download The Island Part 1, and really enjoyed it; then I found Parts 2 and 3 were also free, and downloaded them too!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Reading 12th of Never by James Patterson

If you get the chance to read this series read in order ;;

1st to Die

2nd Chance

3rd Degree

4th of July

5th Horseman

6th Target

7th Heaven

8th Confession

9th Judgement

10th Anniversary

11th Hour

12th of Never
Women's Murder Club books. I read them all. Enjoyed them a great deal.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like comic fantasy, my favourite author is Robert Rankin, who classes his work as "far fetched fantasy". I've read every one of his books, and while awaiting his next release, I fill my time with Tom Holt, and Jasper Fforde. I've read all of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next books, and a number of his other books.

I'm currently reading Tom Holt's "The Portable Door"
Have you read any Terry Pratchett or Piers Anthony? Terry Pratchett writes the Discworld series and Piers Anthony writes the Xanth series.  Both of them are 'far fetched fantasy'

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you read any Terry Pratchett or Piers Anthony? Terry Pratchett writes the Discworld series and Piers Anthony writes the Xanth series.  Both of them are 'far fetched fantasy'
I read a number of Terry Pratchett in the time before I was introduced to Robert Rankin, then I had to work through his books, he has such a daft sense of humour he's right up my street, I mean, who else would come up with a time travelling sprout, called Barry, that lives in someones ear and takes them through time? And he's just announced Barry will return in his latest book The Abominable Showman out later this year. 

I've not heard of Piers Anthony, I'll do a little research on him. Thanks, I'm 68% through my Tom Holt book on my Kobo so I'll be looking for something new soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.