What are you reading? The Sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Now reading Earthly Joys by Philippa Gregory.
Although this wasn't a bad book, it wasn't nearly as good as some of her others I have read.

Now reading Riding Lessons by Sara Gruen.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Finished Hiss of Death by Rita Mae Brown.

As you can tell by my username- I'm a fan of Sneaky Pie Brown (I even named my torbie after Sneaky
). However, this book was kind of a letdown. As I said before- Rita Mae Brown kind of goes on "rants" about healthcare and the government in her book- and it kind of takes away the story- "Harry" has a health scare of her own (not going to say what it is though).

The animal "chatter" is cute, and that's what originally brought me to the series. To see what Sneaky, Pewter and Tucker are saying

Sneaky Pie turns 20 next year. I don't think I'll buy another one of her books- the only reason I bought this one was that I had Amazon.com credits that needed to be used.

Cheryl

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like Robin Cook but not sure if i have read that or not

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I just finished reading "The Help".. the author's name escapes me at the moment. it's an interesting book and gives further insights on racisms back in the 1960's in Mississippi.

Right now, I am trying to figure out what's next to read. Someone gave me a stack of books and I can't decide which to start with!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Now reading The Scent of Lightning and Rain by Nancy Pickard.
A pretty good book, an easy read and it kept me guessing right up until the end.

Now reading Tears of the Moon by Di Morrissey.

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am currently reading Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes. I am not normally attracted towards chick lit novels (though I LOVE Sex and the City on TV and movies like The Devil Wears Prada) but while I was visiting my sister last month, I picked up a Keyes and found her writing so witty and smart and since then I'm on my 3rd Keyes now.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodie Picoult.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Now reading Tears of the Moon by Di Morrissey.
I absolutely LOVE this book! What a great story!

Finished Unbearable Lightness by Portia di Rossi yesterday and it was interesting. Some of her eating struggles I could really identify with.

Now reading We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg.

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am currently reading The EMperor of Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee. As the subtitle suggests, it's a non fiction and extremely well written. I would highly recommend this book

Hubby and I discuss our work and profession and each of us take pride that we have a good sense of what the other does. This work blends our 2 professions in a unique way and (he's aleady read it - I gifted him the book on his birthday) helps us understand what the other does a little better.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Hoping to have it finished soon! I'm a fast reader but don't have the attention span I had pre-internet

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading Jeanine Frost's Halfway to the Grave..It's really cute and fun to read, I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse books or the like..

sflacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just noticed this sub forum.I read alot.I highly recommend The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfus.Parsley Sage if you like fantasy genre this is easily the best I've ever read and has rave reviews.The second book as well called
The Wise Mans Fear.Just started One Hundred Years of Solitude by
Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

Finished Hiss of Death by Rita Mae Brown.

As you can tell by my username- I'm a fan of Sneaky Pie Brown (I even named my torbie after Sneaky
). However, this book was kind of a letdown. As I said before- Rita Mae Brown kind of goes on "rants" about healthcare and the government in her book- and it kind of takes away the story- "Harry" has a health scare of her own (not going to say what it is though).

The animal "chatter" is cute, and that's what originally brought me to the series. To see what Sneaky, Pewter and Tucker are saying

Sneaky Pie turns 20 next year. I don't think I'll buy another one of her books- the only reason I bought this one was that I had Amazon.com credits that needed to be used.

Cheryl
I like her books, but not enough to buy them, largely for the reason you mentioned: all the stuff about the government and such. You're right in that it does take away from the story quite often. I just finished Hiss of Death, too.

Cheryl, have you read any of the Midnight Louie series by Carole Nelson Douglas? I like to read those books.

Currently reading:

Bones of a Feather - Carolyn Haines
Hit List - Laurell K. Hamilton (The most recent in the Anita Blake, Vampire Executioner series)

Just finished:

Crunch Time - Diane Mott Davidson
Smokin' Seventeen - Janet Evanovich

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually- I have 2 of her books.

One of them I bought and she signed it, she did a book signing/talk at our library many years ago.
It was kind of neat, she brought one of her Corgis with her. And I was probably one of many who said I'd named my cat after her cat- she even mentioned that (I think it's take care of Sneaky Pie or something)

I tried one of the Midnight Louie books- but I didn't like it. But- that was when I liked Sneaky Pie's books a LOT, maybe I should give his books another chance.

At the moment I'm reading In His Image by James Beauseigneur. About how someone finds DNA on the Shroud of Turin and makes a clone of Christ. I was wandering around the library- waiting for the kids to find something to read, and came across it. So far it's kind of good- a few of the reviews on Amazon were comparing it to the Left Behind series (which I didn't think were all that great). We'll see.

I also want to read Smokin 17
So I put my name on the waiting list at the library. As of today I'm number 63 on the list
Somehow, I don't think I'm going to get to read that book by the end of the summer.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love detective murder stories. My latest favorite author is James Patterson. I'm in the middle of "Now you see her" his newest release. (This week-lol)

I use a Nookcolor, so I can buy books as well as use the e-livebrary. I read so much I'd have to move into the local library to satisfy my book hunger.

Status
Not open for further replies.