Status
Not open for further replies.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
That is such a great book!!!! I learned about it from here! I can't really say why I loved the book so much, but something about it just grabbed me.

I'm currently reading "61 Hours" by "Lee Child"

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Now reading Ladder of Years by Anne Tyler.
This book was ok, and an easy read but I was REALLY disappointed by how it ended.

Now reading Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished "61 Hours" by Lee Child. If you like cop/army related mystery thrillers, you will like Lee Child's novels.

I'm not sure what I'm going to read next. I have 2 books from the library, but there are also some available for download from the library that I might read first. I'm itching to read the next novel of Lee Child. I'll have to check if it's available as a download from the library.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Now reading Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran.
What a FASCINATING book based on actual events! I did not want to put this one down!

Now reading The Naked Lady Who Stood On Her Head by Gary Small & Gigi Vorgan.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. Another young adult series. I found it rather enjoyable, though there were some parts of the book that I felt were too drawn out and redundant, and I admit I skimmed though those pages.

The next book is "Torment" which I was going to start tonight, but just got notification that one of my e-book requests is available, so I'll be reading "The Warlock" by Michael Scott, the newest book in the Alchemyst series.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of great suggestions here. I can always count on getting some good recommendations by popping into this thread. Thank you for being such voracious readers! I have a big list to get through.

At 4:45am this morning I finished "I'd know you anywhere" by Laura Lippman. Literally could not put that book down! What a wonderful writer, so thoughtful and intelligent, yet her prose isn't weighted down at all the plot flowed at a good pace. I'm very much looking forward to reading more of her work.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

At 4:45am this morning I finished "I'd know you anywhere" by Laura Lippman. Literally could not put that book down! What a wonderful writer, so thoughtful and intelligent, yet her prose isn't weighted down at all the plot flowed at a good pace. I'm very much looking forward to reading more of her work.
I agree 100%, LOVED that book!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I finished "Warlock". The next and final book in the series will be "The Enchantress" and comes out in spring of 2012. I am excited about the next book, but sad that it is going to end.

I started on "Worth Dying For" by Lee Child. It's the latest book in his Jack Reacher series. It's excellent as always and I'm already about 25% into the book.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Now reading The Naked Lady Who Stood On Her Head by Gary Small & Gigi Vorgan.
A BIG waste of time!

Now reading One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and I am really enjoying it so far.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You want to talk about a waste of time book?
Try Wicked Witch Murder by Leslie Meier. Ugh. I started reading her series when it first came out- the main charactor kids were about the age that mine were, and I've enjoyed reading about them over the years. But this one. Inviting a complete stranger into your house? Really? With teenagers and you just don't like some of the things she does?

And I just didn't "get" the whole Wicca thing. It kind of sounded like she was trying to be PC about the issue.

And the ending of the story was just DUMB. At least I didn't pay anything for it (unless you count taxes since I got it from the library).

I have the latest Sneaky Pie mystery as well. That one I bought b/c I had Amazon credit b/c my family wanted the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game, so I pre-ordered it. But I haven't heard a whole lot of nice things about that either. Sigh. That Rita Mae Brown goes on political rants and she needs to retire Sneaky Pie anyways.

IMHO she should- next year is it's 20th anniversary- and 20 is kind of old for a tiger cat and a corgi

At least the kids seem to enjoy the other book I got from Amazon- the last (at least I'm assuming it's the last since Brian Jaques passed away in Feb) Redwall book

Cheryl

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to know Cheryl!

Now reading One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and I am really enjoying it so far.
Really, REALLY enjoyed this book! I thought it was incredibly well written and very emotional. Recommended!

Now reading Earthly Joys by Philippa Gregory.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished "Worth Dying For" by Lee Child. His books tend to have violence in them, but wow! This one was over the top. It was a good book though, but in order to understand the character, you really need to start at the beginning of his "Jack Reacher" series of books.

I'm going to start on "Torment" by Lauren Kate tonight.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Shadow of the Hegemon" by Orson Scott Card. Part of the "Ender's Game" series of books. I highly, highly recommend "Ender's Game", "Ender's Shadow" and "Shadow of the Hegemon".

I also recommend all the rest of the books in the series, however, they are of a different flavor from the above three, more intellectual and thoughtful.

AC

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished A Faint Cold Fear, really enjoyed it. Next is Faithless by Karin Slaughter

sweettail9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just picked up a cartoon book "Evil Cat". Very funny, and very much like my evil cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.