In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Started reading:

Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
10th Anniversary - James Patterson
Born of Shadows - Sherrilyn Kenyon

And a cookbook:

The Amish Cook at Home - Lovinia Eicher and Kevin Williams (The Amish Cook has a column in our newspaper and I never miss it, so I was glad to be able to have the cookbook)

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished reading Every Last One by Anna Quindlen. I cannot stop thinking about it. It was one of those books where I had to stretch it out at the end, because I didn't want it to end.

Love the way she writes.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Now reading Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks.
This book was pretty dark and hard to read in spots, but it WAS a good story and worth the read.

Now reading Angels of Destruction by Keith Donohue.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to get into an old bestseller- A Time to kill by John Grisham...It was recommended to me by my dad, but I just can't get into it so far, and I read the description and it doesn't sound too appealing to me either.
Other than that I'm also reading One Foot in the Grave by Jeanine Frost, and American Tabloid by James Ellroy (not sure how good that will be or if it's my kind of genre at all)

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anyone read "The Help"? The book that's coming out as a movie next month? I had no idea it was a book, until I googled it and it came up on Amazon. Looks interesting.

I put my name on the wait list for that one at the library too. Yesterday I was number 100 on the list

I wonder if I'll get to read that one by the end of the summer

Cheryl

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

Anyone read "The Help"? The book that's coming out as a movie next month? I had no idea it was a book, until I googled it and it came up on Amazon. Looks interesting.

I put my name on the wait list for that one at the library too. Yesterday I was number 100 on the list

I wonder if I'll get to read that one by the end of the summer

Cheryl
Yes, and it's a great book!

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hm- that book was $12 at Walmart today.

I don't know if I'll wait until I'm called at the library or just break down and buy it.

Depends on when I finish the Christ Clone Trilogy.

Cheryl

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not reading anything at the moment. I've finished all of my borrowed e-books, and don't want to request anymore books until the 2 that I'm waiting on are available. I ran into a problem a couple weeks ago. I requested 5 books and 4 of them became available within 3 or 4 days. I had to scramble to read them and since they were a series by the time I finished I couldn't remember what happened in what book!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm re-reading Game of Thrones (George R. R. Martin). Watching the series got me interested in reading the books again, especially since book 5 is out.

I'm also re-reading Idylls of the King (Alfred Lord Tennyson) that I downloaded from the free Nook Books.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Started Plague Ship by Clive Cussler. It's part of the Oregon Files series.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading a book that I saw mentioned earlier in this thread called "I would know you anywhere".

It's about a women who is contacted by her kidnapper, while he is on death row for subsequent murders, and she begins contact with him.

It sounded like it would be interesting, but I'm finding it rather boring. The story jumps around all over the place and is very confusing at times because you are reading about something, and then suddenly the next chapter it's about something else. And sometimes that something else doesn't even seem relevant to the story.

I'm not too impressed by it, but I started it so I'll finish it, but it will be more skimming than actual reading.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

This book was only ok. I didn't really "get" it.

Now reading The Bay at Midnight by Diane Chamberlain.
This was a pretty good book and it kept me interested.

Now reading Caribou Island by David Vann.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still waiting for some ebooks to become available at my library, so I'm going to start The Lord of the Rings books again. It will be only about the 30th time that I've read them! lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm still waiting for some ebooks to become available at my library, so I'm going to start The Lord of the Rings books again. It will be only about the 30th time that I've read them! lol
OMGosh, I dearly love the LOTR books. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've those books! And The Hobbit, don't forget The Hobbit. Excellent books!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started Born to be wild by Catherine Coulter...was looking for really really light reading, and it looks like I found it, and it's pretty fast paced and enjoyable so far, a little silly but that's to be expected...

jenny1978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just finished "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory and I just started her novel "The Other Queen".

I love just about any genre but mushy romance LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.