What are you reading? The Sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

And Bringing Adam Home was interesting. It's a true crime book about Adam Walsh who was abducted and murdered in the early 1980's. At times, it was very difficult to read due to the subject matter. Well, actually, a lot of the book was that way. But, it was eye-opening at the same time -- especially as the investigation was detailed. It was a trying book and, at times, had me feeling almost sick to my stomach or near tears, but it was interesting. I certainly have a great respect for John Walsh and his wife, that's for sure.
I have that one in my Kobo now and am looking forward to reading it.

I also COMPLETELY agree with your view on Cleo.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ONE SECOND AFTER. I have read all of Stephen King and Dean Koontz and all the rest but nothing has ever come close to scaring me like this top best selling book that Newt Gingrich, an Admiral and General say could happen today. If you like sleeping nights, skip this book.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JazzyTheCat

I just finished Dewey, it was a great book, it really feels like you knew him. I was so sad when I read the last two or so chapters.
Is that about Dewey the library cat?
I want to read that, though in reviews I heard a lot of people wanted to read about the cat (as do I) and it ended up being a lot about other stuff.

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

Is that about Dewey the library cat?
I want to read that, though in reviews I heard a lot of people wanted to read about the cat (as do I) and it ended up being a lot about other stuff.
Yes, it is about Dewey the library cat. Vicki does talk about other things but they are kind of relevant like where she grew up and how she was raised and such. A very good read

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Now reading The Honk And The Holler Opening Soon by Billie Letts.
A really great book, but then again, I love all of her books.

Now reading Against Medical Advice by James Patterson & Hal Friedman.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still on the Ira Levin kick. Read This Perfect Day (really loved it) Rosemary's Baby and am about to start the Stepford Wives, and then Son of Rosemary.

They are fast reads!

Soon The Painted Caves (the final book in the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel) will be here and then I will be deeply engrossed and I hope it lasts forever!

nimaal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm currently reading 'The Ice Princess' by Camilla Lackberg. It's a book I keep starting but don't get any further than the middle (I get distracted by shiny things).

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland. It's fiction based on real historical figures in France during the 1600s (mainly Louise de la Valliere and Louis XIV). I really liked it.

As of now I'm about to start The Appeal by John Grisham.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently half through The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf. I mentioned the other novel of hers in my previous thread, but I did not realize, at the time, that the book I'm reading now is her debut novel. And, for as much as I loved her second book, this one has had me gripped from the very first page. In fact, I'm having trouble putting it down at all and am trying to steady myself as I know I'll be upset once it's finished. But, by the same token, I can hardly keep myself from reading ahead to see how the story ends. It's an easy read, but a very good one. And, I can't wait to see what she has in store in the future.

After this, I think I'll likely start in on the latest Jodi Picoult book. I've been keeping it on my Nook for a rainy day, but I am itching to read it. So, we'll see. I have a number of books that I can't wait to read -- it's a wonder I can get anything else done aside from reading. But, for now, I'll focus on my book at hand. And, oh what a book it is!

nimaal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This isn't a list of books or anything ... I just wanted to say I love this thread, I've been looking for new books to start reading and after spending last night skimming through have now got an amazon wishlist as long as the dictionary!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nimaal

This isn't a list of books or anything ... I just wanted to say I love this thread, I've been looking for new books to start reading and after spending last night skimming through have now got an amazon wishlist as long as the dictionary!
I agree 100%, love this thread!

Against Medical Advice was great! Heartbreaking, but it goes to show that the strength of the human spirit knows no bounds.

Now reading The Lake Of Dreams by Kim Edwards.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nimaal

I do that too. It's nice to walk into the library (or the website at home) with a list in hand. I don't always read every book, some aren't to my taste once I get them home, but it's great to always have a stack to choose from.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just read three val mcdermid books, two were much better than the other. Not sure which i would say was my favourite though, two were ones i didn't want to put down. Have one more to read so will see what category that is in. Would like to get some more of hers but still have another 30 books to read and have had some for nearly a year! It is the time of year i read more though.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IT'S HERE!!! The Painted Cave by Jean Auel, I'll be starting it tonight.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Now reading The Lake Of Dreams by Kim Edwards.
I found that this book had a LOT of unnecessary parts that felt like they were dragging on. It wasn't a bad book, but it wasn't easy to get through.

Now reading Amigoland by Oscar Casares.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

IT'S HERE!!! The Painted Cave by Jean Auel, I'll be starting it tonight.

Correction, it's actually called The Land of the Painted Caves. It's like seeing old friends, reading this book.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just started a book called Judas child by Carol o'connell about a serial killer who kidnaps children. Very hard to get into.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm about half way through The Land of the Painted Caves by Jean Auel. I've been waiting years for this book! And I am finding it very hard to admit that I am disappointed. Bored. In fact I have put it down now, in favor of some library books. I'll get back to it, of course, I've got to finish it in the hopes that some of the questions I have about certain things will be answered. But I am sad that it is not all that great.

Just started a book called Finny by Justin Kramon

Status
Not open for further replies.