Venting....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, IMHO now is not the time to look at the big picture. The most crucial thing is the thing to focus on right now, which is what you and your team are doing. I know weight gain is not great, but a lot of drugs do cause/facilitate/exacerbate it. While you have to be on these drugs, I'd focus just on reaching the goal with that. As for sleepiness, it sounds like it might be "just what the doctor ordered" in your current situation! as long as you can give your beloved cats the care they need, and be the best to YOU that you can be under the circumstances. As a friend of mine advises me, "pick your battles" and prioritize.
thank you, that made me feel a lot better. :heartshape: Just worried that i will waste time on all these medications and it wont work. I heard the type that i have is the most difficult to heal.

I'm glad there's nothing cancerous so far!
Thank you! i've been very blessed to have caught this early.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just found out they plan on coming back again in june. They want to keep renovating this house. They plan to completely replace the cabinets in the kitchen. This house is in foreclosure and they are throwing all this money at the house. :frustrated:

okay, just talked to my sister, and shes going to let me put the toilet near the cats, thank god. im going to have to put it in their little eating area. so im not sure how im going to organize things. i dont want them getting disgusted while they eat.

20200418_162920.jpg

im thinking of putting it to the right facing towards the wall.

will it bother them if i put their plates near the wall? or will the smell bother them as they eat?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I place my cat's dish kinda near the potty. Not right next to it, but a bit away. It doesn't stink because it's clumping litter.
mine too. i was just worried because their sense of smell is strong. i'll try to put their bowls as close to the left as i can.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally moved her toilet. I am hoping she will be more likely to head to the toilet now that it is nearer. She might still get scared because he walks all over the downstairs.

I think shes feeling better, because i just saw her exposed on the cat tree instead of hidden inside the little house. My nephew is loose right now, so thats a big change. She actually ate her food. Shes been so scared that she wasnt finishing her food.

I just wish people were more considerate. If i lived with other people and my child was terrorizing the animals, then i wouldnt leave my child loose downstairs. Am i being crazy? He has the entire upstairs transformed into a play area. Why leave him loose down here? She can put him on his high chair, or the play pen she has. Maybe i am just being an overprotective pet mom.

I wanted to go see my niece tomorrow as its my day to spend time with her. But i worry about leaving the cats alone with all these people. :confused2: I promised i would go see her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My beloved cats come first. They are family, not 'pets' and they are in my care, which means they are my personal responsibility. NOTHING comes between me and them and NO ONE has priority over them. I couldn't care less what other people think, if they don't like it or whatever, that's their problem. I associate with cat-loving people anyway, so they should all understand and agree. My roomies do. Guests either accept it or hey, there's the door! I don't have to justify how my loved ones and I live in our house to anyone.

Cats are the cleanest beings on the planet, and they don't like having their elimination near where they eat -- that's just logical for small predators. With the litterbox, can you make a screen to section it off from their dining area? C catapault 's idea could be used to make one. Put the litterbox in the corner and the screen around it, so it'll be more private and separate from their eating/drinking areas. That should work.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is he? Is he old enough to start learning about how to treat animals gently?
he'll be two years old in september. his mom is trying to teach him to be gentle with her dog. but he keeps smacking the dog. he doesnt listen and throws a tantrum when you try to tell him no. sounds mean because i love kids, but i avoid watching him as much as i can. i cant take the tantrums. he may be young, but he needs to learn what the word no means. I kept trying to stop him from throwing a box on himself and he just screeched and kept going for the box. :frustrated:

Elsa is mostly scared because he runs around with his huge toy cars and makes noise. He doesnt really bother the cats, just tends to watch them. I wonder if he realizes how small they are? he hasnt tried to forcefully pet them.

My beloved cats come first. They are family, not 'pets' and they are in my care, which means they are my personal responsibility. NOTHING comes between me and them and NO ONE has priority over them. I couldn't care less what other people think, if they don't like it or whatever, that's their problem. I associate with cat-loving people anyway, so they should all understand and agree. My roomies do. Guests either accept it or hey, there's the door! I don't have to justify how my loved ones and I live in our house to anyone.

Cats are the cleanest beings on the planet, and they don't like having their elimination near where they eat -- that's just logical for small predators. With the litterbox, can you make a screen to section it off from their dining area? C catapault 's idea could be used to make one. Put the litterbox in the corner and the screen around it, so it'll be more private and separate from their eating/drinking areas. That should work.
Thats the problem with living in someone elses house. I do have to respect my sisters home. I wouldnt want someone in my home changing things and disrespecting me. She made a huge concession by letting me move the litter box so i am grateful for that. But its the reason i want my own home so that cats wont need to be stressed out. So they can be the priority in the house. I have been fighting with family for years for them to understand what they mean to me and they dont understand.

I'll try to find a way to block the litter box off somehow. i'll try to work on that this weekend. hopefully she'll start roaming soon so i can move it back. :hyper: Shes actually leaving her hiding spot more, but still stays close to her house in case she needs to hide.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he'll be two years old in september. his mom is trying to teach him to be gentle with her dog. but he keeps smacking the dog. he doesnt listen and throws a tantrum when you try to tell him no. sounds mean because i love kids, but i avoid watching him as much as i can. i cant take the tantrums. he may be young, but he needs to learn what the word no means. I kept trying to stop him from throwing a box on himself and he just screeched and kept going for the box. :frustrated:

Elsa is mostly scared because he runs around with his huge toy cars and makes noise. He doesnt really bother the cats, just tends to watch them. I wonder if he realizes how small they are? he hasnt tried to forcefully pet them.

Thats the problem with living in someone elses house. I do have to respect my sisters home. I wouldnt want someone in my home changing things and disrespecting me. She made a huge concession by letting me move the litter box so i am grateful for that. But its the reason i want my own home so that cats wont need to be stressed out. So they can be the priority in the house. I have been fighting with family for years for them to understand what they mean to me and they dont understand.

I'll try to find a way to block the litter box off somehow. i'll try to work on that this weekend. hopefully she'll start roaming soon so i can move it back. :hyper: Shes actually leaving her hiding spot more, but still stays close to her house in case she needs to hide.
Yeah, I understand. I couldn't live anywhere where anyone was a potential problem for my loved ones. I cut people a fair amount of slack when it comes to me personally, but anyone that disrespects my cats is OUT. It sounds like the kid needs some serious disciplining, and consistently! Kids that age are learning things they carry all their lives, so it's really important to make sure they get the message then and someone needs to reinforce it every time they mess up. You don't get do-overs when someone is smaller and more fragile.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I understand. I couldn't live anywhere where anyone was a potential problem for my loved ones. I cut people a fair amount of slack when it comes to me personally, but anyone that disrespects my cats is OUT. It sounds like the kid needs some serious disciplining, and consistently! Kids that age are learning things they carry all their lives, so it's really important to make sure they get the message then and someone needs to reinforce it every time they mess up. You don't get do-overs when someone is smaller and more fragile.
I get that, the problem is that i dont make much money. I live in miami and the cost of living is very high. Plus, i now have the expenses of my health. i dont like it here, but i cant afford anything better. I was about to move into a really tiny efficiency (just one room and a bathroom, attached to someones house) but my medical expenses started piling up and i couldnt afford it.

i would need to be able to afford a place to live, my car bill, plus insurance, food (me and the cats) and gas/tolls. With $15 an hour its just not enough. I am tempted to look for new work once this blows over, but i dont know if it will look bad if i switch work again. I was at my last job 1.5 years (made $13) and then i switched to this one ($15) and will be here a year on august. I dont see any better paying jobs at my work place (miami dade college) unless i get a degree and i cant wait for that.

---

My cat Kitty noticed right away the toilet was moved and used it. Elsa walked by the toilet all day, i even ran a cycle while she was standing next to it. And she still waited all day to use it, and went to the old spot. lol She walked by the litter box so many times today, what is with her? I had to grab her and stand her in front of it, and she went in to use it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get that, the problem is that i dont make much money. I live in miami and the cost of living is very high. Plus, i now have the expenses of my health. i dont like it here, but i cant afford anything better. I was about to move into a really tiny efficiency (just one room and a bathroom, attached to someones house) but my medical expenses started piling up and i couldnt afford it.

i would need to be able to afford a place to live, my car bill, plus insurance, food (me and the cats) and gas/tolls. With $15 an hour its just not enough. I am tempted to look for new work once this blows over, but i dont know if it will look bad if i switch work again. I was at my last job 1.5 years (made $13) and then i switched to this one ($15) and will be here a year on august. I dont see any better paying jobs at my work place (miami dade college) unless i get a degree and i cant wait for that.

---

My cat Kitty noticed right away the toilet was moved and used it. Elsa walked by the toilet all day, i even ran a cycle while she was standing next to it. And she still waited all day to use it, and went to the old spot. lol She walked by the litter box so many times today, what is with her? I had to grab her and stand her in front of it, and she went in to use it.
Cats are very much beings of pattern. Elsa knew her box was in a certain location. It may take time for her to adapt to the new one.

I hear you on the financial thing! That's been the story of my life for most of my life, so I do empathize bigtime. And living in L.A. and environs for most of my life I also get it about the $$$. Just hoping and praying that something good happens for you. One big break is all that's ever needed.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are very much beings of pattern. Elsa knew her box was in a certain location. It may take time for her to adapt to the new one.

I hear you on the financial thing! That's been the story of my life for most of my life, so I do empathize bigtime. And living in L.A. and environs for most of my life I also get it about the $$$. Just hoping and praying that something good happens for you. One big break is all that's ever needed.
I am going to start looking around at places/jobs a little further from Miami. There might be cheaper places to live in florida. Just have to be positive and hope something comes up. :heartshape: i really want to experience being fully independent and see new places.

I hope elsa figures out how to find her box in the middle of the night, i left a night light on nearby. lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to start looking around at places/jobs a little further from Miami. There might be cheaper places to live in florida. Just have to be positive and hope something comes up. :heartshape: i really want to experience being fully independent and see new places.

I hope elsa figures out how to find her box in the middle of the night, i left a night light on nearby. lol
Sometimes you can find affordable gems a little farther out from the metro area. I know we did when we bought our place in the Mojave!
Yes, me too, Elsa ;)

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you can find affordable gems a little farther out from the metro area. I know we did when we bought our place in the Mojave!
Yes, me too, Elsa ;)
I'll be looking around. I just want to be sure i go somewhere that i feel safe leaving the kitties alone all day. :confused2:

I was looking around at my jobs website and found a couple of jobs that pay better. I've only been at my current job 8 months. I wonder if theres a time limit where you should stay at a position before looking to promote to a higher paying one? i know it looks bad if you jump from different companies too quickly. But what about trying for jobs at the same workplace that pay better?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i know it looks bad if you jump from different companies too quickly. But what about trying for jobs at the same workplace that pay better?
Generally speaking companies like to hire from within, i.e. it's more cost effective and they can easily check your references/work performance. Keep in mind, depending on the company, your boss/supervisor might be notified so if this is something you are serious about and have all the qualifications you may want to consider talking with him or her first. Can you speak with the personnel in your humans relations dept. to ask whether your boss would be notified about your interest in applying for another job? This might be helpful in making your decision whether for now or the future. However, I applaud you for wanting to move up and it's a natural feeling to want to better your career. Being someone who likes to get all their ducks in a row I would want to get all the facts first before making a final decision. Good luck and you have my full support. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Generally speaking companies like to hire from within, i.e. it's more cost effective and they can easily check your references/work performance. Keep in mind, depending on the company, your boss/supervisor might be notified so if this is something you are serious about and have all the qualifications you may want to consider talking with him or her first. Can you speak with the personnel in your humans relations dept. to ask whether your boss would be notified about your interest in applying for another job? This might be helpful in making your decision whether for now or the future. However, I applaud you for wanting to move up and it's a natural feeling to want to better your career. Being someone who likes to get all their ducks in a row I would want to get all the facts first before making a final decision. Good luck and you have my full support. :thumbsup:
Thats really great advice, thank you! :heartshape: I'll start with human resources and then decide from there. I just dont know if people would treat me differently in my office if i let them know. Our college can take months to hire people, so im not sure if he would be annoyed that i want to move up.

He's been nice so far but you never know.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats really great advice, thank you! :heartshape: I'll start with human resources and then decide from there. I just dont know if people would treat me differently in my office if i let them know. Our college can take months to hire people, so im not sure if he would be annoyed that i want to move up.

He's been nice so far but you never know.
Human beings are always a risky business. Wishing you the best, though. *PRAYERS* for that. How are you doing this weekend?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Human beings are always a risky business. Wishing you the best, though. *PRAYERS* for that. How are you doing this weekend?
Doing better. thankfully my sister has left me alone the time that she has been here. The only negative is the house is such a mess. I had it looking so nice. I am obsessive about my bathroom. Im sharing it with my niece and her BF, and its such a mess that its stressing me out.

Just found out that my niece is coming down for mothers day. Dont get me wrong, this niece is like a daughter to me so i am happy to see her. But again im stuck dealing with other peoples messes in my space (i know i sound crazy LOL). They have a bunch of animals so that stresses out my cats. Then my sister comes back in a month.

So we wont have peace and quiet for a while.

Elsa is still nervous with the baby. I was babysitting today and she approached me while i was holding him. I thought it was a good sign, but shes still terrified of him. :sigh:

20200426_125849.jpg

Ignore my shoes. lol i was more focused on keeping an eye on them both.

-- -- --
i hope you guys are doing well. if you guys ever need to share any tough times here, i am willing to listen too. thank you for everything you all do for me.:vibes: :heartshape:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister likes to believe that God speaks to her. I am not her so i wont assume either way. If the signs he gives her dont come true, she'll find a way to excuse it. Today she told me God had given her a sign that my brother shouldnt work in a hospital become the virus happened. She claims shes seen family members kids before they were born.

My point is that she starts telling me today that God had given her a sign that i am not ready for marriage. She knows i have been single all my life. I have kept to myself and its been a big insecurity for me. I have always felt less than for being alone. She says i need to learn to compromise with people, that i might have to cook for someone, and he might not want to deal with the cat hair and litter.

I got so annoyed. I have spent years cooking for my nieces/nephews, my mother, and my brother. I have had to compromise while being here, to the point where its unfair on my behalf. I clean up after other peoples messes even though my niece is home 24/7. I shut up and put up, just to maintain the peace. When i was without work at my brothers house, i would clean up and do house things without complaint, out of gratitude. Meanwhile my niece constantly needs help.

She knows I have a lot of insecurities because i have been on my own. My insecurities come from my father. My father can be the kindest person, but he can do cruel things. When i was a child he called me a monster because i was overweight. P.S. i wasnt that big as a child. He denied this for years, but as an adult my mom and sister told me they remember it happening. I truly believe my weight issues started because of his obsession with my weight. My mom always tried to tell me that i was beautiful no matter what, but that never erased his constant need to obsess about my weight, what i was eating, etc.

As an adult he told me that no man would put up with me, because i had a strong temper like my mother did. This was the only time i ever saw my mother cry, when she heard he told me that. Everyone in the family knows that I have always wanted a family and children. My sister is not a perfect person, and acts like shes the expert on relationships. She went after a loser for years that was a pedophile. Then she was blessed with two great guys that put up with her. Her temper is worse than mine, and she acts like shes better.

I got so used to being on my own, that i just convinced myself that its the way its meant to be. I dont know. I just wish she would think before she speaks. Years ago she told me she was me pregnant with a child, that God had given her a "sign". LOL I am now in treatment to try to avoid having a hysterectomy, and will more than likely never have kids, or get married for that matter.

I love my sister, and am genuinely glad she found someone to share her life with. But if there is a God, why are some more blessed than others? Her last husband passed away, and within a year, she was over him and moved on to get married again. I sometimes think there really is something wrong with me.

Sorry. I tend to keep things inside. The only one that really understood me in real life, was my mother. I know it sounds insane. But i always felt comforted that if i never found someone, i would have her in my life. So i wouldnt be so alone, you know? I just feel worthless sometimes. I feel like I used my life to take care of other people, and now i am just going to spend the rest of my life alone.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister likes to believe that God speaks to her. I am not her so i wont assume either way. If the signs he gives her dont come true, she'll find a way to excuse it. Today she told me God had given her a sign that my brother shouldnt work in a hospital become the virus happened. She claims shes seen family members kids before they were born.

My point is that she starts telling me today that God had given her a sign that i am not ready for marriage. She knows i have been single all my life. I have kept to myself and its been a big insecurity for me. I have always felt less than for being alone. She says i need to learn to compromise with people, that i might have to cook for someone, and he might not want to deal with the cat hair and litter.

I got so annoyed. I have spent years cooking for my nieces/nephews, my mother, and my brother. I have had to compromise while being here, to the point where its unfair on my behalf. I clean up after other peoples messes even though my niece is home 24/7. I shut up and put up, just to maintain the peace. When i was without work at my brothers house, i would clean up and do house things without complaint, out of gratitude. Meanwhile my niece constantly needs help.

She knows I have a lot of insecurities because i have been on my own. My insecurities come from my father. My father can be the kindest person, but he can do cruel things. When i was a child he called me a monster because i was overweight. P.S. i wasnt that big as a child. He denied this for years, but as an adult my mom and sister told me they remember it happening. I truly believe my weight issues started because of his obsession with my weight. My mom always tried to tell me that i was beautiful no matter what, but that never erased his constant need to obsess about my weight, what i was eating, etc.

As an adult he told me that no man would put up with me, because i had a strong temper like my mother did. This was the only time i ever saw my mother cry, when she heard he told me that. Everyone in the family knows that I have always wanted a family and children. My sister is not a perfect person, and acts like shes the expert on relationships. She went after a loser for years that was a pedophile. Then she was blessed with two great guys that put up with her. Her temper is worse than mine, and she acts like shes better.

I got so used to being on my own, that i just convinced myself that its the way its meant to be. I dont know. I just wish she would think before she speaks. Years ago she told me she was me pregnant with a child, that God had given her a "sign". LOL I am now in treatment to try to avoid having a hysterectomy, and will more than likely never have kids, or get married for that matter.

I love my sister, and am genuinely glad she found someone to share her life with. But if there is a God, why are some more blessed than others? Her last husband passed away, and within a year, she was over him and moved on to get married again. I sometimes think there really is something wrong with me.

Sorry. I tend to keep things inside. The only one that really understood me in real life, was my mother. I know it sounds insane. But i always felt comforted that if i never found someone, i would have her in my life. So i wouldnt be so alone, you know? I just feel worthless sometimes. I feel like I used my life to take care of other people, and now i am just going to spend the rest of my life alone.
Why would the Supreme Being create us all unique and different if that was not part of the Plan? If we were all the same, what a terrible, boring, colorless place this would be, don't you agree?
People do have unique talents and abilities. Perhaps your sister does have these things she says she has. I have what some call "the sight" and I do not regard it as such a blessing but more a sorrow, because it is most often to let me know that I am about to lose someone. It has happened far too often for me not to "believe" it. Call it an early warning system. I respect it. But it is not something I am "proud" of and never something I would exploit.
As for "being alone" -- you are not alone. When people have said that to me, I reply that I am not "alone" with my beloved feline FAMILY MEMBERS. If the people don't agree or understand, it's their matter, not mine. And I also have a strong personality and a fiery temper (you might have guessed that by now!) but I have been married three times (and always, with beloved cats). Having an strong identity does not mean people will not be attracted to you/be able to live with you. My background is extended family and patriarchal, but within that, my father was proud of my abilities and encouraged them; it was my mother, who was my best friend, who tended to try to get me to stay quiet and in the background, and to "fit in" because that was HER background and she tried to protect me from being my own worst enemy, so to speak.
In my background, our ancestors are with us, watching over us and protecting us. I have a place I go to to pray, and I also thank my parents and ancestors every day and ask them to stay with me always. They are not far from us! We cannot see, hear, or touch them, but they are near us. Love does not end when the soul departs for a much better place than this one. And our Beloved Creator wants us to prosper and to know we are Loved. How could it not be so?