Update from Angel's mommy. 😊 (Sorry, long post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey ate around 4:00. Then Panther finally showed up a little before 8:00. Honey came along too. It's been raining a little & windy. Thank goodness it's supposed to be sunny tommorow, but only in the 40's.
He came inside to eat, & has been hanging out since. I laid on the floor with him & did some brushies. He's just relaxing now.😊 Sweet boy 💙

IMG_20201207_201703885.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
😊 He just cried at the door to go BK out. He stayed in here for about 45 minutes. I think they're in their box now. Can't wait for thier house to get here! Having my dad cut a window in the back first & put plexiglass there, so I can see if they're in there, keep an eye on them. It's supposed to be here Wednesday, so hopefully by this wknd we'll have it ready! 😁

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New video by Kelly R
Oh Kelly, Honey is so precious! I just love her pretty colors. Thanks for sharing the video. I hope you can get her to warm up to you. I used a long handled duster to tame Demi, but I probably already told you that. I petted him with that and after 3 days, he let me pet him with my hand. Good luck and glad things are going well for you at the new house. ❤

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Kelly, Honey is so precious! I just love her pretty colors. Thanks for sharing the video. I hope you can get her to warm up to you. I used a long handled duster to tame Demi, but I probably already told you that. I petted him with that and after 3 days, he let me pet him with my hand. Good luck and glad things are going well for you at the new house. ❤
Thank you so much. 😊

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly I love your new place. It looks amazing. I am so happy that you found 2 new furry friends they are beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Hi Eric!!! Thanks! Good to hear from you.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too!
How are the boys? How are you?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How's your dad doing on the house for them? We'd love to see a pic when it's ready. :camera:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric!!! Thanks! Good to hear from you.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too!
How are the boys? How are you?
Hi Kelly I am still trying to get over the loss of Midi, I wasn't able to post on the Crossing the Bridge thread until recently. Thankfully the 2 other boys are so good and helping me, being locked down this whole time didn't help. Is the little guy still living outside or were you able to convince him to come in? My sister had a great idea for a easy to make, inexpensive and comfortable kitty house. She creates them from old coolers that she finds on line. How is your business doing?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, well......the house was coming from amazon. My dad was just going to cut a window in the back for me. It was running late at first, so got a refund. I contacted the seller, & said it was lost in shipping! I was not happy! So, had to order another one, & was a little more expensive, but still the only one with flaps for doors, so wasn't open, & still under $100. It would've been easier (& probably cheaper!) if my dad did build one, but I don't think he had time, or was up for it. So, hopefully this new one I ordered will be here soon. Got one text saying it'd be here by Thursday. Then another notification saying by the 31st, so 🤷. I really want it to get here soon. It's getting cold at night! Not compared to places with snow, but still.
I'd also love to put colored lights on it for Christmas! 😺 ( I will still have to insulate it, but until I do, at least the heated pet pad will be in there, & all their blankets.
I went out & straighten the tarp up in front, clipped it together to have it closed more, so less draft could get in. 🤞🙏 The house gets here ASAP!
Here's the one I ordered.

Screenshot_20201219-220722.png

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly I am still trying to get over the loss of Midi, I wasn't able to post on the Crossing the Bridge thread until recently. Thankfully the 2 other boys are so good and helping me, being locked down this whole time didn't help. Is the little guy still living outside or were you able to convince him to come in? My sister had a great idea for a easy to make, inexpensive and comfortable kitty house. She creates them from old coolers that she finds on line. How is your business doing?
Im sorry. I know it takes a while, and even then, it can creep up on you. It happens to me when I least expect it. Mostly if I'm talking about them. I can't believe this past Mon. The 14th was 2 yrs for Sammie already.
I'm glad the boys are helping. I'm sure it's nice having them there. I was going to make a shelter out of bins, like a lot of people do, but evertime I looked, they were sold out of the big ones. I needed one big enough for the two of them, & I wanted clear, to be able to see if they were in there, ok, etc... That's why I'm having my dad put a window in the house when it comes. Panther comes in to eat sometimes, which is nice, because then Honey can eat without him stealing her plate when he's done with his, or even when he still has food on his!
He will come in for playtime sometimes, but not as often lately. I can't bring him in perminantly because I would have to pay a pet deposit ( non refundable) which would be fine, BUT.. my rent would also go up $25 more a month! I'm already worried it's going to go up when I resign my lease. Besides, I wouldn't want to leave Honey out there by herself. They're so bonded. I'm pretty sure she's his mom. She is still not fully trusting.
I try, but she really won't work with me. No matter how patient I am. I can't even get a little close. She just backs up. So I just try to care for them the best I can.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, hope it gets here soon. The box has done well for about a month now. It's pretty done after all the rain blowing towards it!
This is after I snugged it in a little more today You can see one side started drooping, so used a tension curtain rod I had to keep it propped. We've gotten a lot of use out of that microwave box!!
IMG_20201219_165153712_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201219_165158815.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you know I love the kitties! ❤
It's a purrrfect fit for now. They are used to, & love thier time outside, and are safe back here. I love having them around, & the love I get from, and give to Panther. I try to give them a safe place, & feed them twice a day.
I just pray to God..have had a few conversations... That he keeps them safe & healthy! I can't go in debt again with kitty bills. Don't know what I'd do. So I just pray!!
I couldn't take a third broken heart in a row either! So these two have to stay healthy as much as possible. I do what I can.
I ordered some lysine for Honey, because her left eye is always teary. So far she eats her food just fine w/ it in it. I give Panther a little too.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear you lost Midi. He was a part of our TCS family, and we will all miss him.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The "kitty house" came today! I'm so excited! My dad just has to put a window in the back panel for me, so I'm hoping he does it tomorrow, so I can put it together!
I think the kitties will take to it with their blankets in there. 😸
Im just so happy it came. They're saying it's going down to the 20's on Christmas night! 😬 They will love the heated outside pet pad I got for it. It says not to put blankets or anything on it, so I'll have to put it on top of their blankets.

Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door - Water Resistant and Attractive for Small to Large Sized Dogs - Easy to Assemble - Perfect for Backyards https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QJETYS/?tag=thecatsite

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, the "kitty crib" is here! My dad put the window in the back, & brought it over, so we could snap it all together. It's a really nice big size for the price! ......now if they'll only get in it.. still working on that. I tossed treats in there a couple of times & Panther got in to eat them...but then bk out.
The blankets still have their smell, so was hoping that would help. Their beds actually do fit in there, but want to use the heated pet pad instead. Hopefully they'll explore it later, & stay in there. I taped the door flaps open in hopes they'd get in, not being used to them. So guess it's just going to be 🤞🤞🙏 it's supposed to get down in the 20's Christmas night!!

IMG_20201223_171624743_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201223_171635141_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201223_171649742.jpg
IMG_20201223_171740592.jpg
IMG_20201223_174345863_MP.jpg
IMG_20201223_220533997.jpg

I just went out & taped one flap up more, in hopes they'll get in later. I just didn't want wind blowing rain in. It's supposed to be super windy tomorrow. ( Says up to 19 miles/ hr, & 60% rain!)
IMG_20201223_222311231.jpg

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, it's lovely. Purr-fect, even. Seriously great job between your Dad's window and your decorating! Hopefully Panther and Honey will take to it soon. :catlove: