Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who is Tennant? I love those pretty boy singer-songwriters too. Here's my favorite singer Rob Thomas below, I love his lyrics.
David Tennant. He is an actor who's done a lot of movies and voice overs for TV. But best known as the 10th Doctor in Doctor Who.
I am absolutely, totally and completely in love with this man.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Found another song I haven't heard in a long time.

Dierks Bentley. Settle For A Slowdown.

M maggiedemi yes I remember those songs! Thank you for posting! I'm still on a country music kick.

Willie Nelson Pancho and Lefty.

My dad and I used to sing this song together. He has a deep voice when singing combined with my medium tone voice sounded really good! But I think my singing sucks but I don't care. I feel the music as it does it's magic.

Kathy Mattea. Where've you been?
Off the Willow in the wind album.

A really nice ballad of long time love.

She Came From Fort Worth

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a cover I really like by Iron and Wine of The Postal Service's song, "Such Great Heights"--

(The Postal Service's version is here.)

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I don't know how to upload from YouTube!
Hi! You just go to YouTube and play the video. Once it loads, copy the link at the top of your page and paste here.
I can't speak to posting from a phone; I've never succeeded in using my smart phone on TCS at all because the screen is too small. But on a computer, click on the video button in the menu (the one that looks like a film clip, just to the right of the button that looks like a landscape) and paste the link in the box that pops up.

Margret

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat --I'm still catching up on all your country videos. Thanks for sharing all those! Where've You Been is my favorite Kathy Mattea song.
Here's my back atcha for George Strait:

Write This Down by George Strait

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --I love Collective Soul!

Here's some music by Jakob Dylan (Bob Dylan's son):

6th Avenue Heartache by The Wallflowers

Sleepwalker by The Wallflowers
This is why I love this thread, I saw those titles and artist names and did a massive fist against forehead wondering "how did I forget about this??!"
Someone here might remember this song, or maybe remember their parents or grandparents playing this song.
:dance:
Time to dance. :hugs:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like something that would play in a classic movie. :)

Here's some Bob Dylan. I just love the sound of the guitar he uses. Acoustic I think it's called?

Song To Woody by Bob Dylan

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall by Bob Dylan

recurringecho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
... is it too early for Christmas songs xD

But anyways, I'm always down for Regina Spektor's songs! All her songs have so much personality and just takes me away

Us - Regina Spektor

... Though I've been in a folk rock kick recently. Just discovered Dark Dark Dark's works. I keep going back to their "The Snow Magic" album.

Winter Coat - Dark Dark Dark

Daydreaming - Dark Dark Dark

Orchestral this time!

Beneath the Brine - The Family Crest

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's some Bob Dylan. I just love the sound of the guitar he uses. Acoustic I think it's called?
If it's not an electric guitar then it's an acoustic guitar. Folk and classical guitars are generally acoustic, though some guitars that are essentially acoustic have electronic pickups installed in the body of the guitar, which then plug into an amp on the stage.

Playing an acoustic guitar is incredible. You're basically hugging the guitar against your belly, so you hear it in the same way you hear your own voice - both through the air and through bone conduction.

Margret

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret --Thanks for explaining Acoustic guitars to me. I really love that sound. Bob Dylan is like poetry sung over Acoustic guitar, hard to sing along to though, his songs have so many words!

@Moz --That Fleetwood Mac Tusk album sure is different from their other stuff! Thanks for posting, I never heard any of those songs.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Clay Walker had a country hit with that Chain of Love song. When you posted Collective Soul, it made me think of this song for some reason:

Lightning Crashes by Live

Status
Not open for further replies.