Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to find one without a vid so I could post it!

Have a great evening!

Pops
I'm kind of mad Halloween is over. The older you get the faster time flies, and now we're in the Christmas season (I love the season!!!!) but it just seems so EARLY.
Anyhow, here's a nice Christmas song I think my wife wrote just for me. :thumbsup:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is from James Galway's album "Song of the Seashore," which I've loved for decades. Unfortunately I seem to have lost the CD, and was unable to find the .mp3s of it I thought I'd ripped, and a YouTube search failed to find any playlists devoted to this album, but, with the help of a good track list that I found online I've been able to find all the tracks individually on YouTube. This is the first song in the album:

Margret

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --That video is crazy! :lol: Okay, here's one final song before I go to bed. I bet you & your wife will dance in the kitchen to this one.

Remember When by Alan Jackson
That melody has always reminded me of a rocking horse. I know, I'm a weirdo. It's a lovely tune, very sweet.
Imagine, us, breaking into a random dance? Never :lol::lol2:
:dance:
Thought I'd add,
This video I like because the song makes you think "another song about a happy marriage", but the video shows you that living on love can be that and so much more.
Hang out with some kids, teach them stuff, be nice to the elderly, help feed the homeless (human and animal), and just be kind to others. Being happily married is a great thing, but it doesn't fill in the gaps for humanity. Take an extra step, you'll bring happiness to others and in turn that happiness will return to you.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A azpops --I have the Fly Away Home movie dvd too. :)
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --That was really sweet & I love that Alan Jackson song.

How about a little Creed? Anybody remember these guys? I don't know if they are still together as a band.

Higher by Creed

With Arms Wide Open by Creed

M maggiedemi , I didn't listen to Creed much at first and thought it was another boy band, til I heard this one.
The song itself is cool but the tone goes from deep depression to feeling almost hopeful. Very artfully done.
The band had some talent. I enjoy a lot of their songs, the two you linked being no exception.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Nope no concerts at the Palladium/Corel/Scotia/Canadian Center. It was originally called The Palladium. Karen has been to see several there and even stuff in box seats I got at work. I have spent far more time in that building and more so in the rafters, on the catwalk and the roof than both of you put together I bet:) I typically don't like being in large crowds of people and I reserve that for special occasions.

P.S. Nope no MaggieDemi figurine but I will know it when I see it ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Yay, somebody else who likes Creed! I like that song you posted. Yeah, they are definitely a regular band (singer-songwriter), not a boy band.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Man, that place has had so many name changes! I've heard that Pretenders song somewhere before. I like it. :thumbsup:

Here's a really pretty song. I love this guy's voice & the lyrics. :)

The One by Gary Allan

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Yay, somebody else who likes Creed! I like that song you posted. Yeah, they are definitely a regular band (singer-songwriter), not a boy band.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Man, that place has had so many name changes! I've heard that Pretenders song somewhere before. I like it. :thumbsup:

Here's a really pretty song. I love this guy's voice & the lyrics. :)

The One by Gary Allan
During that time, boy bands were hitting the charts like mosquitos hitting the skin of a guy who bathed in sugar, so I didn't pay much attention to the new bands at that time.
I'm glad I heard this song. I actually have a few of Creeds albums, good talent there. Whoever the lead singer was had a really good passion, love that.
I heard enough of the boy band stuff in the pre-teen horse crowd at the time to drive me bonkers! :crazy: So much N'Sync (they had their good tunes, I'll admit, but dangit an old guy can only hear "God must have spent a little more time on you" and hearing the shrieking of 12 year old girls so many times before checking out and pretending to have suffered a stroke.)
This isn't a "music" video, and I'm making myself look as old as I am, but we watched this stupid thing when we were kids this time of year in anticipation...
It made us laugh when the elf drilled a hole in the wooden horses butt.
(I snickered a little just writing that. :lol:)
A Christmas old timey Disney video, for you young kids, and how things were before kids wanted fancy crap like ear pods and google machines. :flail:
Disney, 1932!

Status
Not open for further replies.