Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
foxxycat foxxycat My electronics lab partner in High School had the Billy Idol hair. The 80s would not have been the same without Billy Idol that is for sure. Eyes without a Face is by far my favorite from him.
Yes Eyes without a face has that melody similiar to the other songs I listed earlier...it's just got that sound that goes through one.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More Don Henley End of the Innocence

This is the original video from back in 1988. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who watched MTV religiously. My dad back then only listened to country music and he actually loved the song by AHA that someone posted earlier. He loved the artwork in it. I think he was a secret artist but I've never seen his work but he's got an ear and eye for good music and good photos. I believe his great grandfather was very artistic..from the Cobb family in Malden mass. Which we inherited the love for music. My mother had very little interest in music. It was my dad and I who spent hours listening to music. He took us to concerts but my mom would have preferred not to go but she knew how much we loved it so we went a couple times a month.

My sister is 10 years older than me so she got me into contemporary music like Fleetwood Mac and other songs.

One that we used to play on the record player was this song I Feel For You by chaka khan. Anyone remember this one? My sister still has it. The extended version on a record

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally have time to post some more music.

George strait is so under appreciated. He's just as good as Garth Brooks. This song is a nice even temple and something the song speaks to the soul.

Run by George Strait

Cowboys like Us is another one I grew up with.

I get carried Away

I can still make Cheyenne

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for posting that for me! That's my favorite Don Henley song. :)

Here's a similar song:

Fields of Gold by Sting

And my back atcha for Def Leppard:
Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard
I won't even mention the memories I have with this song, but just assume they're good and move on.
:bliss::bliss:
(Nothing gross or illegal, I promise, just lots of happy times.)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allow me to be my corny ol' self.
Yeah, I think this gal had some serious talent and her death still makes me sad. So unnecessary. :(
She had such a sweet voice and didn't deserve the crap she got, but this made the subject of eating disorders come to life and people who needed help got help because they realized that even "big stars" had the same problems they did.
Hopefully her death made others in her situation realize that they need and can get help.
If you're hurting, reach out. Some people can't give you answers but just lots of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.