The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I didn't specify, I need the answer by such and such time to put on my survey. It's easy to say to take a deep breath when you aren't on the verge of going to court for debts that you aren't able to pay though so I understand that. But a lot of these jobs I do have a time limit to complete. So I lost out on $30 because the website on my end wasn't working :(
I haven't done online surveys for money, so didn't realize they had a time limit. Can't hurt to take a deep breath, though, it takes five seconds and your brain works better when it gets enough oxygen.

Idk if you're on a phone or computer. I'm usually on wifi, so if a site doesn't work, I'll quickly turn off wifi and switch to data, and that will tell me if the problem is on my end with internet or on the site's end (our internet will randomly cut put for like two minutes sometimes). Or I'll check another site. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do if the problem is on their end.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
No babysitter for me, lol. But the mastitis has cleared up. No fever and I'm not getting sick, anymore. But I still can't get this clog cleared. I'm having limited success with the haakaa, warm water and Epsom salts, but very limited. It's a stubborn one!
Wowza. the meds worked quickly!! Rest up now.💖

I found an article on clogs. At the bottom of the page the author explains how to unclog
using castor oil.

How to Clear a Clogged Duct (Including a Little Known Way)

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's a clerk at work I tried very hard to be friends with despite her attitude problems, but she keeps dragging me into her drama (that only exists in her head) with my best friend (her coworker and ex-friend. She used my bff's friendship for her own gain, and got mad when my bff caught on and cut her off). I got sick of hearing everyone complain about how she's rude, short with people, bullies her coworkers, starts rumors and lies to make herself the victim (she's a nightmare), so I emailed her boss and told them all about these complaints and now an investigation is going on. Sometimes I feel bad that I'm basically trying to get her fired, but then I just remind myself that she doesn't allow my best friend to pee when they work opposite desks, forcing her to hold it for eight hours, simply out of pure pettiness, and then I don't give af anymore. Something had to be done, I just wish I didn't have to be the one to do said something considering I don't even work for that company.

I bought bleach for my hair. Can't believe I'm gonna do this, but I'm so sick of having dark hair and so little ways to change it up color-wise. I just need it to lighten to a dirty blonde, and then I'm gonna put henna red on it. Fingers crossed I don't have to go to work with a hat lol

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Tourmaline took off. Hopefully somewhere warm. Being her first winter outside and we're getting -13 windchills I'm very very concerned. I sure hope she knows what she's doing. She's rejecting the cat shelters. Catnip doesn't work because she doesn't like catnip. At least Treasure and Sopdet know how to survive winters. Ugh No sleep for me tonight. Crying for fear for Tourmaline :(

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Can’t sleep due to worry about her. I want a live cat tomorrow. I’m very sad. Snd snow dusting all over the shelter thst Treaure and Sopdet in. Very sad. I guess it’s all over. 😥
It will be fine. My little feral Chrissie was sitting in one of the boxes this morning, wailing for his brekkie.
The shirt that was in there was cold so I took one from the warm dryer and put it in there while he ate
he wanted no part of it after he ate.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure and Tourmaline are ok. It's a -10 degrees with 6 degrees. Tourmaline spent the entire night in the tent down in the stairwell. She wouldn't use the tents with straw. Treasure is ok but I don't see Sopdet. Hoping she's ok.

I panned my one cam too far last night knocking it over and so I couldn't see what happened or who came at the other end of the cat area. I'm sure though that if Tourmaline is fine and she wasn't feral, then Sopdet is ok. At least I hope so. She had a horrible horrible life.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
It will be fine. My little feral Chrissie was sitting in one of the boxes this morning, wailing for his brekkie.
The shirt that was in there was cold so I took one from the warm dryer and put it in there while he ate
he wanted no part of it after he ate.
You keep forgetting Tourmaline is not feral

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out this morning to take cat litter poop bags out to the trash and collect the mail. Stepping out of the house, I was surprised my fingers started hurting almost right away. Shoved them in my sweatshirt pocket and hurried along to complete things. After coming back inside, I walked past the temperature reader for outside and it said -6*, hahaha. No wonder! Surprised how warm I stayed though because I went out in a sweatshirt, knee length pants, and my sandals... oops! More snow came last night, just a couple inches. Sun is shining brightly again this morning. The days seem to be getting slightly longer, too.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You keep forgetting Tourmaline is not feral
But she was okay! She figured it out!

I hope I'm not overstepping, but you have a lot of the same unhealthy thought patterns I do that I've been working on with my therapist, where I will spiral and imagine the worst instead of focusing on the facts of the present. I read your post last night when I was nursing and wanted to respond then, but I only had one hand free and also wanted to get baby and me back to bed as soon as possible. It helps to step back and ask yourself in a situation like that "Do I know for a fact that something bad has happened to Tourmaline?" and realize the answer is you don't know for a fact. If she had frozen, you would have still been sad in the morning and worrying wouldn't have accomplished anything, and since she was fine, you just made yourself miserable for nothing. My therapist always asks me if me worrying about something has actually affected the outcome, and I have to admit it hadn't because I don't have magical powers.

I haven't read your threads in the feral forums, but from what I see, you really need to give yourself some grace with these cats. I see you saying that you're failing them, because...you can't control what they do? none of us can control our cats. You're making them nice shelters and giving them food and watching them with cameras. That's not failing them. You can't control if Treasure gets into fights or Tourmaline is picky or if they decide not to show up for a while. Those are the cats' choices and nothing to do with you. I get wishing you could bring Tourmaline inside, but the way I see it, you'd only be failing them if you were all "You know, I don't feel like feeding them today," or something of that nature. You have a lot of stresses in your life, and in this case, I think you would benefit from accepting that you're doing the best that you can, and it's not anything to do with you how the cats react. :grouphug2:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to set my cam up in this frigid weather so that I can catch everything going on. Not having much luck as Mom and Dad did not accommodate these cams when they built this house in 1947. haha

Last edited:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't seem to shake the feeling that something is missing in my life. Like there is a void inside of me and I don't know what to fill it with or how. Nothing seems to be bringing me joy lately. Not sure what to do about this feeling...
I sympathize with you completely. I often feel this way but, as I don't know how to help myself, I can't give you any advice. Sometimes I convince myself that things would be better if I spent some money and bought a new A, or I threw item B out. But that only gives me something to do and doesn't change the situation. Before I could at least make an appointment with a relaxed hairdresser and spend an hour chatting and being pampered but this is no longer possible and I can't go to a podiatrist too often under present conditions.

Get another cat, or even a dog? No, I don't think that's the answer either. Fortunately, someone usually sends me a message asking me for help or for information so I get on with my life and forget my dilemma until I'm lying in bed not really wanting to start the day.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Crying for my cats although tonight is a brief break from below zero weather. If I wasn’t stupid enough to walk around in darkness 3 years ago I could have had more mobility to do more for these cats to keep them safe and warm. 😥

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our power was out for a bit today but DH didn’t light the woodstove. The kids were playing in the snow at the time and never noticed. I crawled back in bed and took a nap. :lol: The tree DH wanted the neighbors to take down lost another long limb not long before the power went out; so my guess is something came down on a line. It was heavy wet snow. That tree lost the limb next to it last month.

I just washed the kids snowsuits the other day. You can imagine what having no grass is doing to them. They are supposed to stay basically where there was still grass left; but its hard to see the line under the snow. Hopefully I don’t have to wash them again yet. DDs got washed twice as it was because it fell out of the dryer into the litter box.:lol2::crazy:

Its all making me anxious to get grass down in the spring. Having to wait and watch the yard look like a sandy mess is frustrating. At least DH has been reading up on it.

Because the ground isn’t packed the shepherds hook with my bird feeders keeps leaning with the wind. Maybe I can put it in a large pot for now.:think:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Man it's cold out there. But not a cold as it was last night. I told the cats to go somewhere warm and Tourmaline wasted no time running across the street to the heated chicken house. No worries she won't hurt the chickens. She doesn't like the taste of chicken anyway. Treasure ran into his little shelter and I did a temporary setup of the cam as well as one of the shelters, albeit not the best. Tomorrow we're having a heat wave of 30 degrees so I may be able to do a bit more. The water keeps freezing on these cats and they go looking for water in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.