The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'll test it out here and see how it will work or at what point the plastic bag melts. There are 3 settings to the hand warmers and the hottest can be hot but may not be so hot outside. I'll get going on that today.
I don't believe you have to worry about melting plastic, because to get that hot would be hot enough to cause skin burns. The corporate lawyers would not be thrilled by that prospect at all.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe you have to worry about melting plastic, because to get that hot would be hot enough to cause skin burns. The corporate lawyers would not be thrilled by that prospect at all.
Right. Which the usb one I habe does get that hot if on the skin as I did that to myself last year with these

32D8F329-F6CD-4B20-B0BC-36C0A1D37354.png

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Need ideas for the cat area. If I had the money I'd move but I don't and crazy lady is throwing fits today, making me move everything to behind the garage with no cover for food and water. I'm at wits end and no one here in my area helps. Even alz.org does nothing

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about the usb rechargeable hand warmers? I haven't tried them outside but what if I get a small styrofoam box (I have pieces to make some with and put the rechargeable hand warmers in. At least for the night time. During the day I'm up and can run in and out with fresh water if needed. I have two that I bought for myself that I most likely won't need at the moment. Even if I trusted the hot hands they are expensive as only a one time use
I've never used those and not familiar, but a quick search looks like they use an energy source to keep warm since they are rechargeable? So I'd think they would retain heat better than the microwaveable ones if there may be periods where no warm animal is snuggled against it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I have serious Mom troubles. And the sad thing is I can't move out on my own due to horrible credit and no money. Remember the panic over the money making tasks the other day? That.

It's all over. Mom is calling police on me and on the cats. I should have known this day would come as I can not get any help with this woman. :( This is it sadly. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - thats awful that she would do that to you . why would she do that ?
She does not like cats. She's not an animal lover to begin with although she never would have jsut abused one that is up until now. So I'm trying to find someone to perhaps distract her for 10 minutes on the phone (she can't go to window if she's on the phone) while I get at least the shelter that Treasure and Sopdet use as well as the cat tree. I already snuck putting Tourmaline's tent back up. Treasure walked off with tail between his legs. Remember these cats were in a hoarding situation and then kicked out. And it's not so much that the tents are in the back as I was going to move them back there at some point anyway but to just abruptly move them. I just don't know what to do. It's getting down to minus 13 and the "beds" are no longer in their usual spots. Really I just wish I could get a place of my own with my credit score and all, move me and the cats there and come to visit Mom. Yes I most likely would wind up sneaking all of them in so I would need a house to get by with that. I get no help from relatives, neighbors or the Alzheimers group on this. :(

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you applied for HUD? They go by income and you can find your own place and if they inspect it and it passes, they'll give you "rent vouchers" for the amount that you're approved for. You can rent a place that costs more than the voucher, but you would have to cover the difference.

And, I've found that hiding an extra cat isn't that difficult. We have monthly inspections and we've been hiding Mickey for more than 2 years. 🤷‍♀️

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I did sneak some tents back after dark. Mom will check daily but when I feed the cats breakfast which is when we have our coffee, I can quickly hide the remaining tents and shelters that I have up here til she's satisfied. I hate doing this and then she wonders why I hide things from her. It's because of these little tirades. She says that I'm cluttering the yard.

Sopdet took to the shelter behind the garage so I'm leaving a few shelters back there. Maybe they'll get acclimated to sleeping back there. That way i"m not stuck with putting food and shelters in same little area. I eventually want to get to where I can move all tents and shelters to behind the garage. Easier to run and hide food and water bowls then a bunch of tents and shelters. I will look into HUD and see what they say. My cousin is talking with his girlfriend to see what options I have and if I can force Mom to get a medical.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the morning is fun. Have to hide the few cat tents/shelters, the cat food as well as my cams. Now she's going on about those. I don't understand why no one in my city helps me with her. Alz dot org wont help because Mom refuses to see a doctor. Isn't there some kind of law that would force her to see one in this instance. The woman needs to be committed or something. :(

Cats seemed confused again. 13 degrees 0 windchill and I'm having t hide their stuff again, although this time side of the house where Mom would have to lean out the window to see and the tents are upright that they can just go in. Ugh I feel so bad and helpless as I mentioned above. Treasure is here now underneath a chair that I have a self warming pad. Not the best but I suppose it's better than nothing at all. At least til I can move everything back to where I want it for night time. Poor Sopdet wasn't able to eat because of this mess. :(

To go on and on and on about these cams is ridiculous. She's scared someone is going to come and steal the cams. Right a $20 cam. I told her how much and then she threw more fits. Now she's screaming about a red fox running through our yard this morning. I can't win for losing with this crazy woman. Maybe I shouldn't refer to her like this but seriously. Now I control the red foxes. I have ore magical abilities then I thought I did. Anyway if she decides to stop listening to me when I make phone calls I may call Alz dot org again to see what my options are. I twisted my ankle, I'm not feeling well and the cats are still needing my help. I can't even get a pallet for their tents but I made a commitment to care for these cats. I didn't sign up to be verbally abused. Everything has to be her way. I drive her to the hairdresser and to the stores on Fridays. Because both of us have limited mobility in hands I run out 3 x a week to get take out to bring home. She sends me out in blizzards. If I stand up to her she starts getting so angry she gets worked up and finds it hard to breathe. I told my cousin that this is the reason why I don't stand up to her and hide things because I don't want to be responsible for her having a heart attack or whatever. My hands are tied. All her relatives live in FLA or California. We're in MO. And Stuart is really on my Dad's side. He knows what I'm going through but Mom won't even listen to him and she used to. I hope the cats will be ok until this entire mess is taken care of. I just get advice that sadly will not work for her. We even called to have a home nurse stop to check up and Mom called the police to have her removed from the premises. :(

Now to top it off my V3 cams arrive today. She'll start screaming about those. She's already yelling about me ordering toothpaste off amazon that will be delivered today. It just never ends with her.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing laundry today and it feels good to be getting something done. The sun is out and may feel inspired to get other things done, like tidying up, rearranging cat furniture, and vacuuming. It has been a while and need to get back in the habit of doing it weekly.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The local cat shelter is looking for someone to help feed a colony of cats which live near the carpark of a large supermarket. Although it's neither my shopping centre, nor in my neighborhood, I've voluteered and I'm waiting for my orders. I don't drive in the dark and I'm not a particularly early riser, but I'll no doubt soon learn what they expect me to do. 😊

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The local cat shelter is looking for someone to help feed a colony of cats which live near the carpark of a large supermarket. Although it's neither my shopping centre, nor in my neighborhood, I've voluteered and I'm waiting for my orders. I don't drive in the dark and I'm not a particularly early riser, but I'll no doubt soon learn what they expect me to do. 😊
That's wonderful. Do they provide the food or do you have to buy it? I would love to be able to do that.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful. Do they provide the food or do you have to buy it? I would love to be able to do that.
They would normally provide the food but, they know me well enough, - we'll no doubt share the costs and, if I feel it necessary, I'll buy something better for the poor kitties. I had hoped that someone living closer would volunteer - but even under lockdown conditions, no-one seems to want to get out of the house. Rather sad.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... I was doing my thing saving spiders while cleaning the bathroom. Normally, I catch them and put them outside when I find them, but figured it could be too cold for them to survive so let it stay since it was not "scary" looking. I was wiping the ledge by the window and forgot it was crawling nearby and did not see it in the area under the sill and between the ledge, the area is only half an inch wide.... Well, bumped the spider and worried it passed away after walking a few minutes after... We'll see... maybe it is taking a nap and will move later?? 😭 I'm sorry spider! <3 I was trying to be helpful by leaving you inside!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
winter is so bad here in michigan ... 17 degrees and just plain cold . i am not sure if i will go get my mail today .. been sneezing and coughing alot lately
Pfft, 17 degrees is balmy! It's currently 8 degrees here, was -10 overnight, and isn't expected to get over 0 all weekend.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Pfft, 17 degrees is balmy! It's currently 8 degrees here, was -10 overnight, and isn't expected to get over 0 all weekend.
The ferals do well there? I know South Dakota has more severe weather then the Midwest does.

Status
Not open for further replies.