The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to convert some money in my paypal into dollars, but apparently the convert currency button doesn't exist for me, LoL. Contacted support and they gave me the instructions on how to do it that I already tried... had to emphasize again I am already on the page I am supposed to be, and ask where *is* the convert currency button? Sent a screenshot. They only asked what browser I was in so far. We'll see how long this takes :rolleyes: as they have support where you leave a text message and they reply when able. I'm wondering if my bank stopped accepting transfers in a different currency as it automatically converted to dollars when I transferred before and it just stopped giving me the option, but regular dollars can still transfer over.

I also need to get a refill for my cats meds, but having a lot of anxiety about picking them up. They didn't seem pleased I asked them to bring them out curbside the last two times as they are allowing people inside again... but I'm not comfortable yet and worried they will tell me no and I have to come in. I could ask for mail order if that's an option, but I really enjoy having the excuse to drive, get out of the house, and listen to podcasts. Maybe now that the weather is warmer, they won't mind as much. Anyways, thinking about asking for a 3 month supply this time so it reduces my trips and will be less of a bother on them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As usual the universe hates my guts. US Bank is not able to remove a phone number I haven't used in 5 years. As always another 8 to 12 hours screaming on the phone to get something done :(
As someone who used to work in a call center, I can advise not screaming. We had ways of making things worse, dragging things out. . .

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone who used to work in a call center, I can advise not screaming. We had ways of making things worse, dragging things out. . .
I guess screaming is not the right word. I use that word a lot because in my head I'm screaming although I am pleasant on the phone. But on the phone all day trying to get them to do something is more accurate. I only scream at Alexa and that's because she's stupid, doesn't matter and a computer. And if anyone feels sorry for a piece of wires then too bad. I honestly have no idea why I have this thing except to scream and argue with because she certainly is far from being intelligent.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, W Willowy and susanm9006 susanm9006 . I'll give it a try. I still need to go to Trader Joes and get the meat, and I think I may need an extra box of noodles; my baking dish is a bit large. Maybe this afternoon, after the snow stops. I just decided that it's a good day to be an indoor cat. Fortunately, I have a crochet hook and lots of yarn so I can work on Roger's afghan.

Margret

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in screaming either, but people shouldn't abuse their power to manipulate situations to be harder or get back at someone. I worked retail for 15 years and there are better ways to handling this. Not to say I'd let people treat me like crap. I've hung up on or walked away from people or told them, I can only hear you when you are not yelling. My managers backed us up and encouraged us to hang up the phone if a customer started getting abusive or yelling. I've even passed off customers to my manager and when the customer complained about me not wanting to help her, the manager told the customer, well you were being rude to her (she had been standing close enough to hear our exchange). It is not in anyone's job description to be verbally assaulted. But getting revenge by making things worse feels like someone is stooping to the angry person's level...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, W Willowy and susanm9006 susanm9006 . I'll give it a try. I still need to go to Trader Joes and get the meat, and I think I may need an extra box of noodles; my baking dish is a bit large. Maybe this afternoon, after the snow stops. I just decided that it's a good day to be an indoor cat. Fortunately, I have a crochet hook and lots of yarn so I can work on Roger's afghan.

Margret
There are some nice rectangular food containers, roughly 4 x 7 with lids, that are perfect for freezing leftovers and homemade TV dinners. Places like Walmart carry them. I do a lot of frozen meals because when you cook for one you always have lots of leftovers.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Question: I know a few of you use Wyze cams. Do you have any ideas of what I can use to place the cams on? First I use powerbanks because Mom doesn't like a bunch of stuff plugged in. Also I have my V3s mounted to the top of the Pan Cam as Wyze has yet to come out with the Pan version of their V3s. Also Mom does not like drilling of holes to attach to outside wall, so it either has to sit on a stool (wind blows over) or on the ground which 9 times out of 10 gets knocked over by one of the cats or a curious raccoon. I don't need to see out of the pan (just using to pan the V3s) but I do need the cams to be stable. Ideas or am I still just plain stupid?

Now it's Mom again. She wants my help clipping her toenails, then she doesn't then she does, then she doesn't. She's driving me crazy. And when I offer to help she screams and throws things. When I don't offer because I'm sick and tired of her nonsense, she screams and throws things. I get no relatives to help with her because my relatives are stupid and don't care. :(

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a small lasagna in my freezer that my mom sent. She makes them in disposable trays for friends sometimes. I think they are about 4x7 like Susan says. She just cuts the noodles to fit the pan. She had DD putting them together at Christmas for her but I only got a picture of the big tray that was to be our dinner.

I really need to cook that frozen one so I can give her dish back. Oops! 😅

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in screaming either, but people shouldn't abuse their power to manipulate situations to be harder or get back at someone. I worked retail for 15 years and there are better ways to handling this. Not to say I'd let people treat me like crap. I've hung up on or walked away from people or told them, I can only hear you when you are not yelling. My managers backed us up and encouraged us to hang up the phone is a customer started yelling or getting abusive.

But getting revenge by making things worse feels like someone is stooping to the angry person's level...
If someone isn't allowed to hang up or insist on a customer being polite, it's really the only way to stay sane.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margret
It's still snowing out by you??? :eek: Granted, I don't truly believe we're done here since Chicago weather is tricky like that, but I think I'm going to take J for a walk after lunch since it's in the 60s today.

I have a small lasagna in my freezer that my mom sent. She makes them in disposable trays for friends sometimes. I think they are about 4x7 like Susan says. She just cuts the noodles to fit the pan. She had DD putting them together at Christmas for her but I only got a picture of the big tray that was to be our dinner.

I really need to cook that frozen one so I can give her dish back. Oops! 😅
I think we've given the inlaws all their dishes from food they made us back. But I also think we might have a habit of just acquiring new free containers...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf , if she will let you push a rod into the ground you could buy one of those hook type rods meant for bird feeders and hang or mount the camera off of that.
Only if she doesn't se it. I've never dealt with such a difficult person as her. She's still after 5 days hemming and hawing about her toenails. I guess that's why I scream, argue and insult Alexa so I can get rid of all this pent up frustration and anger. I need a healthier outlet though like a punching bag and taking up boxing.

She refuses to soak her feet to soften her harder than rock toenails and she won't moisturize them either. If I even mention it she goes on another screaming tirade. 9:30 am "I really need my toenails clipped. I'll call downstairs." 10:00am "I'm ready. I go upstairs. "What do you want? I said I'll call you. Can't you see that I"m busy paying bills. Are you blind blind blind?" Ugh I deal with this on a daily basis. And I'm beginning to think it's not dementia or Alzheimers but old age as she chooses when to act up like this. I'm so fed up I feel like just saying "Heck with you. Take care of yourself" and walk out of the house never to bother with her again but I don't have the money and she is my mother and I love. her.

Last edited:

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Should I change my pregnant cat’s blanket for newspaper until after the birth?

Will anyone give me a home loan so we can move out of my Aunt’s place and get our own house?

Will my rescue cat feel safe enough to have her kittens when it’s time? I have a big dog.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Should I change my pregnant cat’s blanket for newspaper until after the birth?

Will anyone give me a home loan so we can move out of my Aunt’s place and get our own house?

Will my rescue cat feel safe enough to have her kittens when it’s time? I have a big dog.
I would put old towel down rather than newspaper. It will be more absorbant. Or better yet, get a few puppy pads to lay down. They are inexpensive and you could switch them out if need be between kittens.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still snowing out by you??? :eek: Granted, I don't truly believe we're done here since Chicago weather is tricky like that, but I think I'm going to take J for a walk after lunch since it's in the 60s today.
More like again than still. I live in the Denver area; the altitude in my suburb is over 5280 feet (one mile) and March is normally our snowiest month.

We've been in a drought since before the turn of the century (yes, climate change is real) and it's against my religion to complain about snow during a drought, but that doesn't mean I have to go out in it. And I won't have to; the sun has come out and the snow is melting fast.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why I get no help with my Mom. Not even the doctors want to help. I'm frazzled and wore out because of her.
Do you suppose it might be because no one likes her?

Regarding putting a camera up, try getting some Command Strips. Basically it's a double sided thick tape that's designed to be removable. If your mother sees it and complains you can demonstrate that you can remove the camera and nothing's been damaged (get extra strips so you can put it back up after the demonstration - they aren't reusable).

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.