The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, less than 48 hours later, I feel much better. As quickly as I felt like being hit by a train, it's now gone.
Thanks for all the well-wishes and I hope no one has to go through that. It's not often I can feel my hair 😐
I suspect it feels a lot like coming down with influenza. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The taming of Onyx begins. He's used to his name now and comes when I call but stops when he sees me. Using same method I used with Treasure, Shaman and Sopdet. He doesn't run when I talk to him through the cam.

Have too many things to do today. So cold (to me) and yet I need to get gas for the car. Ugh

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
never tried molasses cookies can you buy them?
What are those?? Never heard of them, but they sound good!

excited to report that i am going to be writing a cat story soon once the research is completed
What type of research are you doing for it??

My knitted blanket is about 5 or more inches long. This is the one that only gets worked on during friend chat Sundays. I just noticed yesterday how big it is getting, although it obviously has much longer to go!

I've been catching up on penpals this week as these past couple of months have been rough and had little energy to sit down to reply. But not that I'm getting back into things, it has been very enjoyable. And with the weather warmer up, it has been lovely sitting on the deck with my laptop enjoying the fresh air while working on replies.

In a couple weeks I will be eligible to get the vaccine in my state, although not sure how long it will take to nail an appointment. Figured since I don't need to leave the house right now I'd rather people who have to work in person, etc. get theirs first, so won't go crazy trying to get an appointment right away. My friends have been mentioning how it would be nice to see each other in person, with masks and distancing, once we are all vaccinated. And not going to lie, that sounds nice. My one day with a friend eating lunch outside and him walking me through an oil change for the first time while we were masked up was so refreshing and fun.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...had my second vaccine on Saturday, and yes, I lucked out and have side-effects. 1-2 degrees temp off and on with accompanying chills, and body aches. I was told that if I had them, they could last from 24-72 hours, so I'm expecting to be back to normal when I wake up Tuesday evening, at the latest. It's a bit like having VERY VERY mild flu, but without any tummy upsets, so while inconvenient, it isn't totally wretched, either. And my arm wasn't sore at all this time.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
SO...had my second vaccine on Saturday, and yes, I lucked out and have side-effects. 1-2 degrees temp off and on with accompanying chills, and body aches. I was told that if I had them, they could last from 24-72 hours, so I'm expecting to be back to normal when I wake up Tuesday evening, at the latest. It's a bit like having VERY VERY mild flu, but without any tummy upsets, so while inconvenient, it isn't totally wretched, either. And my arm wasn't sore at all this time.
I thought the same thing about my arm, but it's probably because the rest of my body hurt too, lol. Hope you feel better soon. It took less than 48 hours for me to get the shot, feel like crap, and then feel back to normal.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
48 hours into giving up dairy and already failing, lol. My husband got McDonald's for breakfast, so I ordered the bacon and egg bagel without cheese because the internet told me it was safer as they butter the English muffins. Well, it still came with butter on it, whoops. I wiped off as much as I could, but I think I'm going to have to reset my "hours dairy free" counter.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
48 hours into giving up dairy and already failing, lol. My husband got McDonald's for breakfast, so I ordered the bacon and egg bagel without cheese because the internet told me it was safer as they butter the English muffins. Well, it still came with butter on it, whoops. I wiped off as much as I could, but I think I'm going to have to reset my "hours dairy free" counter.
I must have missed it, but why are you giving up dairy?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have missed it, but why are you giving up dairy?
I scatter my thoughts across multiple threads, no worries! J's pediatrician thinks she has a dairy sensitivity, which apparently is common enough in babies. So I'm trying to give it up in hopes it helps her diapers. I tried just cutting back and it wasn't helping, so I'm taking the full plunge.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oy bless you. At least its not for forever. A friend of mine had to do that for her youngest and nearly wept the first time she ordered her older kids a pizza and realized she couldn't have it. I probably would have too. :crazy:

DS was sensitive as a baby too. I had to use a sensitive formula because his diapers could be smelled across the room and that's sure not normal for a 3 week old. :lol: He did outgrow it by his first birthday. And my friend is long back to pizza night with the family.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
[
How long after your shot did you start bad?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After my first shot (Moderna) my arm ached, just a little bit, the next day. Not as bad as when I get a flu shot. After my second shot the ache was about the same but it lasted for two days instead of one. Also, the day after the shot I had a couple bouts of fever, which responded well to ibuprofen. As of tomorrow it will have been two weeks since the second shot; I'm hoping the nursing home will allow me to visit my husband.
* * * * *​
So, I'm trying, for the first time ever, to make lasagna, and with Roger in a nursing home it's obvious that there'll be more than I can eat at one sitting. Does anyone know how well lasagna does if you freeze it?

Margret

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know how well lasagna does if you freeze it?
I've done it. The texture suffers a bit but it's not terrible. Better if you let it thaw slowly in the fridge rather than try to reheat from frozen.

Around here the nursing homes are letting people visit their loved ones 2 weeks after their second vaccine, as long as everybody wears a mask.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
After my first shot (Moderna) my arm ached, just a little bit, the next day. Not as bad as when I get a flu shot. After my second shot the ache was about the same but it lasted for two days instead of one. Also, the day after the shot I had a couple bouts of fever, which responded well to ibuprofen. As of tomorrow it will have been two weeks since the second shot; I'm hoping the nursing home will allow me to visit my husband.
* * * * *​
So, I'm trying, for the first time ever, to make lasagna, and with Roger in a nursing home it's obvious that there'll be more than I can eat at one sitting. Does anyone know how well lasagna does if you freeze it?

Margret
I think it does okay in the freezer. If you have a lot left then divide it into individual portions and freeze in containers that way.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
As usual the universe hates my guts. US Bank is not able to remove a phone number I haven't used in 5 years. As always another 8 to 12 hours screaming on the phone to get something done :(
Have you tried going online and doing it yourself? I know I have changed phone numbers on my USB account online a number of times,

Status
Not open for further replies.