The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Another update:
I feel like I've been hit by a train. I'm not even going to wait for the 24 hour mark to give this update, this is awful. My fever is gone, but I can still feel every inch of my body. My hair hurts. I'm usually sleeping in as little clothes as possible, under one sheet, with two fans on me. I have two full size comforters plus a shirt and pants on right now, and I'm still cold.
If they decide to make this yearly like the flu shot, they need to work out some bugs in it.
I felt that way after the second Pfizer shot... I had a fever, chills, body/muscle aches.. severe fatigue... Even my fingers were aching.. back, shoulders, kneed feeling like rubber....
It was not fun..
But as suddenly as it came on, it left. Just before the 48 hour mark, I could feel it leaving..

I was absolutely fine by that afternoon. I took a couple doses of Arthritis Strength Tylenol. I think it kept the fever from increasing..
((hugs))

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah fires and earthquakes now and then :lol:
Both things I’d pass on. Although we’ve had a few small earthquakes here so if it was on my bucket list I could check it off. The last one I heard more than felt. It was so odd. The kids and I just looked at each other confused. I thought an extra large farm tractor had pulled extra close to our house. :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to search for 2 of my power banks that more than likely the crazy woman here destroyed and threw away. Of course I could be that crazy woman. Ugh

Trying to get a doctor to have me tested for possible early onset of alzheimers or dementia. Why do people in the medical field have to be so adamant that 65 is too young. I'm doing things that have me going hmm and now all this with the doctors. What if I do have alzheimers? A woman with alzheimers helping another with same? Recipe for disaster :(
65 isnt to young my gf mom has dementia and she just turned 65 really hope your ok its a really sad thing to see in people you know

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
back in high school there was a really big one i seen the ground just rolling( think ocean waves and on the beach) funny thing is around where i live is right on a fault line so many homes built along the fault lines in california
I had a client who grew up near LA. She said as kids they thought it was the best if an earthquake hit while riding their bikes. :lol: I remember the big earthquake that collapsed some freeway overpasses. I know most aren’t like that and engineering helps buildings withstand them; but still they CAN be devestating so I wouldn’t look forward to them.

My dad is a hoot. When we had one of those east coast quakes a few years back he called me to tell me he only felt it because he was “sitting on the can.”:flail:If that’s not the daddest thing ever I don’t know what is!:lol:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure how true that is
Yeah, idk either, he was probably just trying to make her feel better. But there is a difference between age-related memory loss and dementia. . .she was worried about her memory loss in her 70s but lived to be 96 and didn't have actual dementia until the last year or so. Didn't give up bookkeeping for the Oddfellows until she was 94, so she was pretty sharp.

On the other hand, I did know someone who had early-onset dementia/Alzheimer's, starting in his early 50s. I think he was worried about it at first but it didn't take long before he really didn't know what was going on. The strange part is that he was very agreeable and easy to care for once he was in full dementia, but when he was younger he was a controlling and borderline abusive husband/father, so that's kind of opposite of what a lot of people experience. His wife was relieved though.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
never tried molasses cookies can you buy them?
Yes, you can buy them but they aren’t as good as home made. It’s a cookie spiced with cinnamon, ginger and cloves, so similar spicing to pumpkin pie. They are always good but especially when you have a cold and Cant taste much. Happy to post a recipe if you like.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I make a spiced cookie with molasses at Christmas. You melt crisco for them so they definitely don’t qualify as healthy; but man they are good! It was a recipe from my aunt’s late mother in law. My aunt made me a cookbook with a these family recipes when I got married. My kids love helping with those because they get to roll them in colored sugar sprinkles before baking. :yummy:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I make a spiced cookie with molasses at Christmas. You melt crisco for them so they definitely don’t qualify as healthy; but man they are good! It was a recipe from my aunt’s late mother in law. My aunt made me a cookbook with a these family recipes when I got married. My kids love helping with those because they get to roll them in colored sugar sprinkles before baking. :yummy:
I mix the dough, roll them in sugar and then bag and freeze them. That lets me bake a just few cookies at a time. My son recently baked up some from dough I sent him a year earlier and the cookies turned out fine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I mix the dough, roll them in sugar and then bag and freeze them. That lets me bake a just few cookies at a time. My son recently baked up some from dough I sent him a year earlier and the cookies turned out fine.
Oh that’s an excellent idea! DH would love that too. I usually make a double batch because I make cookie boxes at Christmas and DH loves them so much. It might prevent him from eating too many at once too. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.