The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ah,,,,,I've never heard of using a retainer for gag reflex but it makes sense.
It's not for the gag reflex, it's just a normal retainer for wearing after you have braces, but they glue it to your teeth (one reason being that a regular retainer might make you gag, or you're prone to losing them, or whatever). My cousins had that kind of retainer. I think the older one just had hers removed and she's about 30 now.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not for the gag reflex, it's just a normal retainer for wearing after you have braces, but they glue it to your teeth (one reason being that a regular retainer might make you gag, or you're prone to losing them, or whatever). My cousins had that kind of retainer. I think the older one just had hers removed and she's about 30 now.
Ha!! Thank you!! What would I do w/o you? When I nominated you for
the Whiskers Award I said she's our own little Willowpedia!!:hugs:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Both kids are sick. Stuffy noses and Ali is coughing just a little bit. Ali has a temp of 100.7 and Aedan's is 100.4.

It's gonna be a long day. Ali is super cranky and Aedan is pretty whiny.
Oh boy, you can't get a break these days, sweetie. Wish we lived close,
I can make a mean cup of tea and toast..💖

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Would you be travelling in the RV?
Yes, but I don't plan on going too far out until I'm done school in 2 years. Then, I'll see what my plans are then. The most I'd travel right now is 150km to 200km out of the city. I have family and friends spread out across southern Canada so it wouldn't be an issue parking at night. Or I could find a park.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even better, we have a reinspection of our apartment tomorrow because we failed the initial inspection. Why did we fail? Oh, because I cleaned the litter boxes and rather then leave 2 small children alone while I walked to the dumpster or bundle them both up to take them to the dumpster with me, I set the bag just outside my back door to wait for John to get home. Silly me. :rolleyes:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Even better, we have a reinspection of our apartment tomorrow because we failed the initial inspection. Why did we fail? Oh, because I cleaned the litter boxes and rather then leave 2 small children alone while I walked to the dumpster or bundle them both up to take them to the dumpster with me, I set the bag just outside my back door to wait for John to get home. Silly me. :rolleyes:
Good Lord, they are strict!! I get a federal renters assistance voucher and they're pretty good. One inspector
made my landlord put a handrail on the deck steps I was grateful for that.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she's forgotten what it's like to have little kids. She once failed me because the breakfast dishes were in the sink. At 10am. Lock me up, I'm an awful criminal for letting the dishes sit for a few hours because I'm following the kids all around picking up right behind them because God forbid there's a toy on the floor when she gets here.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 , I am so in touch! I once got failed because a SIX INCH STRIP of baseboard in my kitchen needed cleaning. I think our landlords must be related. OH...and she failed my nextdoor neighbor because she had two outfits lying out on the bed, as she and her son were leaving on a car trip as soon as the inspection was over!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live in government housing. They inspect every month. It's really getting old, especially now that John's making more money and we're basically paying market value rent. We could find a 3 bedroom without the ridiculous monthly inspections for what we're paying. But that requires moving. And we have 2 very small children, which makes moving a real chore.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I stumbled across Boone and Gracie's newest favorite food. Over the last few months, they've started getting picky and wouldn't eat their wet food right away. I'd leave it out when I left for work or went to bed and 12 hours later, it would be gone. No idea when they decide to finish the rest as I am either gone or asleep. They were also doing this with Tiny Tiger which was always their favorite. I tend to buy new brands of food each month and two (?) months ago, I got Weruva's Meal or No Deal. OMG! They eat that right up without taking a breath. :lol: I ended up buying some again this month. Same reaction.

Now I'm thinking of just buying the three varieties that come in 5oz cans (Jolly Good Fares, Meal or No Deal, and Who Wants To Be A Meowinaire) and plus the other pate variety that comes only in a 3oz can (Press Your Lunch). Those four and only those four and see what happens. Kind of a risk because if they start hating he MOND and don't take to the other 3, it's going to be a long month for them because I don't substitute food. Eat or don't eat.... it's their choice. (Yes, I am a mean Mom) According to the Catfooddb site, it's above average food. It costs less overall than what I typically buy each month. Guess I need to revise my Chewy autoship for next month.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls always cycled through what was their favorite flavor. I don’t put down something different just because they turn their nose up either. I’ve learned to just let them be and not stress over it. Although when their health issues were showing it was stressful and I’d use toppers sometimes. I still do some for Mooch; but she’s always been a grazer and thats ok. They eat multiple small hunts a day in the wild.

Spring break starts whenever we finish school today.:banana1: I spent some time yesterday trying to get things set up for DD to switch to some online learning. I’m really thankful there are so many free resources to help!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I stumbled across Boone and Gracie's newest favorite food. Over the last few months, they've started getting picky and wouldn't eat their wet food right away. I'd leave it out when I left for work or went to bed and 12 hours later, it would be gone. No idea when they decide to finish the rest as I am either gone or asleep. They were also doing this with Tiny Tiger which was always their favorite. I tend to buy new brands of food each month and two (?) months ago, I got Weruva's Meal or No Deal. OMG! They eat that right up without taking a breath. :lol: I ended up buying some again this month. Same reaction.

Now I'm thinking of just buying the three varieties that come in 5oz cans (Jolly Good Fares, Meal or No Deal, and Who Wants To Be A Meowinaire) and plus the other pate variety that comes only in a 3oz can (Press Your Lunch). Those four and only those four and see what happens. Kind of a risk because if they start hating he MOND and don't take to the other 3, it's going to be a long month for them because I don't substitute food. Eat or don't eat.... it's their choice. (Yes, I am a mean Mom) According to the Catfooddb site, it's above average food. It costs less overall than what I typically buy each month. Guess I need to revise my Chewy autoship for next month.
Can I just say I love the names of those food flavors. I love me a good pun and it almost makes me want to switch brands (but won't since the wellness 13.5 oz cans are probably the best deal for our money and the girls are happy on them).

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls always cycled through what was their favorite flavor. I don’t put down something different just because they turn their nose up either. I’ve learned to just let them be and not stress over it. Although when their health issues were showing it was stressful and I’d use toppers sometimes. I still do some for Mooch; but she’s always been a grazer and thats ok. They eat multiple small hunts a day in the wild.

Spring break starts whenever we finish school today.:banana1: I spent some time yesterday trying to get things set up for DD to switch to some online learning. I’m really thankful there are so many free resources to help!
Although I am glad that my cats will pretty much eat anything even if it takes them a few hours, I would like to try to find one brand with multiple varieties and stick with that instead of buying several different brands at a time. I lose track of which ones they don't like and end up buying it again only to be met with disdain. I was kind of surprised they liked the Weruva so much because typically, they prefer the thicker pates. I am really hoping that buying all 4 varieties that aren't mostly fish will do the trick.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I just say I love the names of those food flavors. I love me a good pun and it almost makes me want to switch brands (but won't since the wellness 13.5 oz cans are probably the best deal for our money and the girls are happy on them).
I love the names too but am stumped on what the Jolly Good Fares is a play on. :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.