The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't get to the doctor today. He's too busy. And yes I know there's a pandemic still going on. He can't see til next month. What if this is serious? I could be dead by next month although I doubt it. Puts me in a bind around here. So now I have to find someone to help me with Mom as at the moment I can't help her. I'm doing good to crawl outside to the cats or craw to take care of myself. Top off previous symptoms with torn ligaments. Ugh
Can you go to an urgent care like a Walgreens clinic? I can never get in with my PCP same day, but I've been able to get medicine for illnesses like sinus infections or strep throat that way, so maybe you can get something for your chills.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What will happen after lock-down when people start wanting to go on holiday again? There will be even more cats than normal just left behind to fend for themselves or "deposited" in the woods or somewhere on the highway. The surplus of kittens will cause more suffering and a lot more work for cat shelters. Prices will go down and the "value" of a cat for many owners will also sink - another reason to dispose of the unfortunate creature.

Please tell me this isn't happening and I'm just imagining things!
This is something I've thought about here as so many shelters have been cleaned out, too. It makes me so sad thinking about all the dogs and cats that may go back to the shelter when people realize it does not fit their "lifestyle" anymore...

On my mind, several things:
Second Vaccine shot today.. wonder about side effects.. nothing planned this afternoon and this weekend..

Weather has changed into an 'active' storm pattern; meaning SNOW.. It reminds me of 2015 with snow predicted every 3 days... and so bitterly cold.

My friend, who I have been talking daily with, for the past year; suddenly 'ghosted' me. I do not know what I did.. Last conversation was very brief... and strained, 10 days ago.. I thought she was going through a ton, --her sister died almost a year ago. I thought she did not want to chat---then the snow came, and stuff for me..

I know I was asking her, and kind telling her about where to call to see if she could get a vaccine appointment for her and her husband, who has multiple issues.. She must have gotten mad at me, and the conversation was very short and strained..

I decided to let her have her space.. And I was busy.. and not feeling like talking to anyone on the phone..

Yesterday, I tried calling her.. I left a message on her voice mail.. I never heard back.. That is not like her.. She always picks up the phone---she is self isolating because of her husband. She never called me back... i have been trying to emotionally support her, as well as being a friend.. I was picking things up for her.. and now this.... I do not know what I did/said.

The message I left, was: "We have not spoken for a while. Hope things are going ok. If I said something to get you upset, I apologize.. but I would like to talk, so I can find out what I said to get you upset.. please call me back. I will try again... "

I do not know how to proceed. Another call... or a text, or going to Trader Joes next week and picking some things up for her.. She is afraid of driving in the snow...

This is really upsetting to me.. to be ghosted for something, I did/said.. and I do not know what it is... dam/
how are you doing since your second vaccination?

Sometimes people need space to sort things out or calm down before communicating. It may not even be anything you did, and just these crazy times that are stressing people out more than normal. I've had so many friends who take weeks or months this past year to return facebook messages because they are disconnecting for self-care.

yes im still really depressed and feeling rather unwanted right now
I'm glad you are here and posting :heartshape:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@maggiedemi - yes im still really depressed and feeling rather unwanted right now
I’m praying for you. You’re not unwanted 💕
I'm glad you are here and posting :heartshape:
:yeah:
Can't get to the doctor today. He's too busy. And yes I know there's a pandemic still going on. He can't see til next month. What if this is serious? I could be dead by next month although I doubt it. Puts me in a bind around here. So now I have to find someone to help me with Mom as at the moment I can't help her. I'm doing good to crawl outside to the cats or craw to take care of myself. Top off previous symptoms with torn ligaments. Ugh
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Can you go to an urgent care like a Walgreens clinic?
I was wondering that, too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my phone calls and now a text are being ignored by my friend. I really wish she wopuck up the phone. Hon, I do not know what I did. I really do not.
I tried a call this Atty and then a text.
So frustrating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
After 2 more hone calls, a couple of texts, saying that I was getting worried about how she and her husband were doing... I got a text that She was ok... no response about her husband!! He does have a form of severe dementia... after I specifically asked about her husband, all she said was;
Talk later....

Which I took as a brush off... dam.. but I responded: ok.. I respect your wishes...

Dam

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have come to a conclusion that weathermen lie or don't know what they are talking about. I know it's cold outside but I just stepped outside and the temp/windchill are 5 degrees with -12 windchill. I was wearing a small jacket and nothing else as I had to set the cams and change the powerbanks. I was out there for 10 minutes and never felt any different then I did yesterday with the sun and 8 degrees windchill. I had no redness in face or hands, no crack bleeding skin, nothing. I mean I have been chilled since my fall the other day but nothing really seemed off nor as bad as the weather report claims it is. Like yesterday weather said that it was clear all through St Louis and it was snowing in St Louis at that time. I sometimes think weathermen also join in on the fearnongering reports.

More horrendous happenings that I can't go into detail right now so I just had to bathe my legs in biofreeze so I can continue on and do what has to be done.

Now I'm getting a "You are being penalized" letter from IRS because I got a stimulus? I filled out the IRS form and was told I qualified. This is too much. I"m going to jail now :(

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was out there for 10 minutes and never felt any different then I did yesterday with the sun and 8 degrees windchill.
If you're out of the wind it can feel surprisingly warm because it's too cold for humidity. I can step out with the dogs and not feel it for several minutes. It's a dry cold 😎 .

It's supposed to get to -20 (base temp not windchill) tonight. I'm glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow, idk if my car will start even though I'll leave the trickle charger on it overnight, sometimes the battery fluid freezes.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said, too cold for humidity, it feels warmer if you're not in the wind. That's why they have to warn people about frostbite; you think "well, this isn't so bad" and the next thing you know your toes are turning black.

You could get your own thermometer/weather station if you don't believe the city's weather stations.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I've actually been looking for one but not sure where to find one at. Wyze actually did a survey for doing one but haven't heard back about it, as usual.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind words . a friend of mine stopped by and left me a valentines bag on my porch and i got some cat socks, valentines kitchen towels, lip balm and candy
pics of the cat socks?? :bunnydance:

After 2 more hone calls, a couple of texts, saying that I was getting worried about how she and her husband were doing... I got a text that She was ok... no response about her husband!! He does have a form of severe dementia... after I specifically asked about her husband, all she said was;
Talk later....

Which I took as a brush off... dam.. but I responded: ok.. I respect your wishes...

Dam
Glad you heard back. Maybe something is going on and she is not ready to share about it? This happens with me. Sometimes I need space and time to feel and think before sharing with others. I know it can be hard though on the other side and worrying about your friend and not sure what is going on.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday W WillowMarie ! Glad you're enjoying the snow. My husband's just glad we invested in a snowblower.

If you're out of the wind it can feel surprisingly warm because it's too cold for humidity. I can step out with the dogs and not feel it for several minutes. It's a dry cold 😎 .

It's supposed to get to -20 (base temp not windchill) tonight. I'm glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow, idk if my car will start even though I'll leave the trickle charger on it overnight, sometimes the battery fluid freezes.
Do you have a garage? Would it freeze even with that. I've just assumed my car would be good in the garage because it's slightly warmer.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a garage, sadly. Yeah, an attached garage is usually warmer, and a detached garage could have a heater put in it. But nope, my poor vehicle is just out in the driveway. I also have Monday off so it doesn't have to go anywhere for a couple of days at least. Next week things should start getting warmer again.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a garage, sadly. Yeah, an attached garage is usually warmer, and a detached garage could have a heater put in it. But nope, my poor vehicle is just out in the driveway. I also have Monday off so it doesn't have to go anywhere for a couple of days at least. Next week things should start getting warmer again.
Ours is detached, with no heater. I just assumed it was still a bit warmer because wind and snow can't get in, even if not as warm as an attached garage.

Hopefully your car stays working.

Status
Not open for further replies.