The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari , My skin is so dry.. it is naturally dry, but now, so much worse. That is why I bought a couple of small humidifiers.. I am not certain if it helps..

gilmargl gilmargl and mani mani That is a horrible situation. Omg. I never really thought bout that happening. I pray it does not.. but with the way mankind is, I guess it is eventual to happen in the US... sigh..
Sometimes I think Geoffrey would like a playmate, but I could never stress him out again... never mind, it is against my least to have more than one pet... sigh...

On my mind, several things:
Second Vaccine shot today.. wonder about side effects.. nothing planned this afternoon and this weekend..

Weather has changed into an 'active' storm pattern; meaning SNOW.. It reminds me of 2015 with snow predicted every 3 days... and so bitterly cold.

My friend, who I have been talking daily with, for the past year; suddenly 'ghosted' me. I do not know what I did.. Last conversation was very brief... and strained, 10 days ago.. I thought she was going through a ton, --her sister died almost a year ago. I thought she did not want to chat---then the snow came, and stuff for me..

I know I was asking her, and kind telling her about where to call to see if she could get a vaccine appointment for her and her husband, who has multiple issues.. She must have gotten mad at me, and the conversation was very short and strained..

I decided to let her have her space.. And I was busy.. and not feeling like talking to anyone on the phone..

Yesterday, I tried calling her.. I left a message on her voice mail.. I never heard back.. That is not like her.. She always picks up the phone---she is self isolating because of her husband. She never called me back... i have been trying to emotionally support her, as well as being a friend.. I was picking things up for her.. and now this.... I do not know what I did/said.

The message I left, was: "We have not spoken for a while. Hope things are going ok. If I said something to get you upset, I apologize.. but I would like to talk, so I can find out what I said to get you upset.. please call me back. I will try again... "

I do not know how to proceed. Another call... or a text, or going to Trader Joes next week and picking some things up for her.. She is afraid of driving in the snow...

This is really upsetting to me.. to be ghosted for something, I did/said.. and I do not know what it is... dam/

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom - we've talked about getting a humidifier. We might have to. Usually my hands don't get super dry or cracked so I don't lotion regularly, but I've been washing them after diaper changes and I think that's put them over the edge. My feet are also pretty bad, but I'm more used to that.

I hope your friend replies to you soon and just had something else going on.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This is really upsetting to me.. to be ghosted for something, I did/said.. and I do not know what it is... dam/
It may not be you. I've had a lot going on this year and have not been good about keeping up with friends. Some times talking to people and going over all of what's going on is difficult.

Usually my hands don't get super dry or cracked so I don't lotion regularly,
I normally have a bit of an issue with my hands every winter, but this year with the sanitizing, etc it's over the top. I normally put a thick hand lotion on every night before bed and that helps a lot, but I don't always remember.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was still working, my hands- especially my fingers- would get so dry that the skin at the fingertips would split and bleed. I couldn't use anything on them, though, because then I couldn't get a good grip on my tools or any small parts I might be working with. I used super glue to close up the splits. It burned like fire, but it worked. I do not miss that part of my job at all.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do weathermen lie? Seriously the weatherman just 5 minutes ago said clear skies yet it's snowing like crazy. They even send out a stupid helicopter to fly over the city for weather and road conditions. Or maybe that's a lie too.

Anyway set up the spotlight on V3 so I can catch the red fox that visits and darn it the fox never showed. And yes I sat and watched live as I was hurting to bad to even sleep. And I have to go to the bank or wind up in court :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok hope someone can help me with this because I'm a little challenged when it comes to weather. Someone told me that windchill is only based on exposed skin and since cats don't have exposed skin as it covered by fur the windchill doesn't concern them, only the actual temperature. Sorry for being so dense, I am not sure what to believe anymore.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Ok hope someone can help me with this because I'm a little challenged when it comes to weather. Someone told me that windchill is only based on exposed skin and since cats don't have exposed skin as it covered by fur the windchill doesn't concern them, only the actual temperature. Sorry for being so dense, I am not sure what to believe anymore.
As mani mani already mentioned to you, these questions would be better asked in the Strays and Ferals forum where our members with experience in these things would be more likely to see it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
As mani mani already mentioned to you, these questions would be better asked in the Strays and Ferals forum where our members with experience in these things would be more likely to see it.
Ok. Sorry. I asked the question over in the feral sub forum just now.

Off to the bank with no sleep now. And I may have to call a doctor as to why I'm hurting so bad. Still not feeling well, chills and weird stomach but I need to get this money in the bank. I hate getting old.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom - we've talked about getting a humidifier. We might have to. Usually my hands don't get super dry or cracked so I don't lotion regularly, but I've been washing them after diaper changes and I think that's put them over the edge. My feet are also pretty bad, but I'm more used to that.

I hope your friend replies to you soon and just had something else going on.
Motherhood handwashing does that to ya! If you have lanolin for nursing on hand that's really good for the cracks on hands too. I got a lot of use from a humidifier when my kids were babies since you can't give them meds when they get colds. So it's worth it to invest in one.

Now that my kids are older and I don't have to do diapers and bottle/sippy cup washing; my hands do much better. I'm also more diligent about wearing gloves to wash the dishes.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Motherhood handwashing does that to ya! If you have lanolin for nursing on hand that's really good for the cracks on hands too. I got a lot of use from a humidifier when my kids were babies since you can't give them meds when they get colds. So it's worth it to invest in one.

Now that my kids are older and I don't have to do diapers and bottle/sippy cup washing; my hands do much better. I'm also more diligent about wearing gloves to wash the dishes.
I think I have some lanolin my SIL got me. My main breast ointment is lanolin free because I'm fancy or something (basically I googled what is the best nipple cream and bought that one).

I have some Trader Joe's body butter I got as a gift a while back that's nice and thick, so I'm using that for now.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I visited the cat colony I offered to help feed. Because there were two of us, talking and working, no cat turned up! The station has been monitored (TNR) for more than 10 years and there are evidently only 2 very senior cats plus visitors, who have been caught on camera but have not yet been classified as homeless. There are 3 wooden houses, raised off the ground, well-lined with insulating material and clean blankets. Because of the long period of very cold weather, the woman who has been more-or-less in charge, is having to visit the station 3 times a day to remove frozen food and water and put heating pads in the houses. The old man, who built the houses and is still active together with his wife, looking after the cats a few days a week, is thinking seriously about having to stop this work, either at the end of February or some time in March. I will take his place.

I am now waiting for some photos of the cats involved and for a timetable of the days I am on duty. Being selfish, I hope the weather has turned a bit warmer by then!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't get to the doctor today. He's too busy. And yes I know there's a pandemic still going on. He can't see til next month. What if this is serious? I could be dead by next month although I doubt it. Puts me in a bind around here. So now I have to find someone to help me with Mom as at the moment I can't help her. I'm doing good to crawl outside to the cats or craw to take care of myself. Top off previous symptoms with torn ligaments. Ugh

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I have some lanolin my SIL got me. My main breast ointment is lanolin free because I'm fancy or something (basically I googled what is the best nipple cream and bought that one).

I have some Trader Joe's body butter I got as a gift a while back that's nice and thick, so I'm using that for now.
Its sticky so you don’t need much and only where you have a crack or close to getting one. It lasted me forever since I didn’t need it long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.